• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
For those who wonder why people find Pit generic.... Well look at him:
-Brown Hair
-Generic white angel attire w/ normal belt
-Generic Specials (Side is a offensive dash, neutral is projectile, down is a defensive move, and recovery goes straight up)
-Alt. Colors are not as good as other colors (Love the blond Pit btw, one of my favorite colors I've seen in Smash)
-Kind-of one note personality
-His game (Uprising) wasn't as well-received as other games (I do like Uprisng though)
-Normals don't having any interesting mechanics like some characters without having something else to compensate

Jeesh, this guy can't catch a break even after being in three games in Smash (Four if you count Project M, which he is probably play more than other Smash games).

D

Deleted member

Chun-Li tends to change quite a bit moveset wise from game to game, more so than most than SF characters. I guess that could be a problem?

Untouch

Smash Master
IIRC, based on Sakurai's project plans, movesets are planned as the character is planned. If he cannot think of a moveset the character isn't even considered.
See: His interview about Heihachi and how he decided early on that he couldn't come up with a moveset.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Bull**** on the Chun-Li part...that alone makes this feel like such a massive lie
I didn't saw the Chun li part :0 yeah.. that seems extremely fishy... i can understand thta they didn't managed to develop Chun li on time.. but not managing to come up with a moveset for chun li.. who already have a perfectly functional moveset already.. kindas seems iffy.

mind you, still could be stuff like, "charge moves works like **** on smash" or " we don't have time to animate all this stuff"... would be slightly more belieable.. but yeah, also thats kinda super high top confidential info right there that would be extremely hard for someone to "leak"

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I don't believe the Chun-Li guy because Sakurai said no one was cut and I believe Sakurai over everyone else. But man, that'd break my heart. Love Ken but Chunners would be awesome.

beans

Smash Lord
IIRC, based on Sakurai's project plans, movesets are planned as the character is planned. If he cannot think of a moveset the character isn't even considered.
See: His interview about Heihachi and how he decided early on that he couldn't come up with a moveset.
Problem isnt moveset, in the same interview Sakurai stated that.
Sakurai had problems coming up with a way to represent the characters playstile in its homegame. Heihachi, from a 3D fighter to a 2D plataform fighter, wouldnt be a smooth transition in what Sakurai envisioned, so he was dropped.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Problem isnt moveset, in the same interview Sakurai stated that.
Sakurai had problems coming up with a way to represent the characters playstile in its homegame. Heihachi, from a 3D fighter to a 2D plataform fighter, wouldnt be a smooth transition in what Sakurai envisioned, so he was dropped.
Chun Li is "Doesn't do a lot of damage but is super ****ing fast" in fighting games typically so that's not the issue either

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
You're worried about the music opinions of a bunch of goons who talk about Smash leaks every day Cla?
Yes because I genuinely unironically want hip hop music in smash and I have yet to meet someone who wasn't immediately disgusted with my opinion.

I don't mean like Travis Scott or anything (which would be cool) but something like Knuckle's SA2 stages would be cool for me
an no the DK rap does not count it's not even the full version

Iridium

Smash Hero
Oh here's all the alt skins animated instead of just the render

I really hate the fact that they gave Fierce Deity and Classic Link these faux painted on pants. No model change, let's just paint their legs the color of their pants, lmao.
Yeah, it looks pretty weird compared to the original material, but the colors otherwise work so well, so I'll give credit for that. Never have I ever asked to see those knees, though...

I'll take them.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Chun Li is "Doesn't do a lot of damage but is super ****ing fast" in fighting games typically so that's not the issue either
Nah, Chun-Li's more based around the poking playstyle.
She's a good balance I'd say.
Rushdown is more Cammy's shtick.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yes because I genuinely unironically want hip hop music in smash and I have yet to meet someone who wasn't immediately disgusted with my opinion.

I don't mean like Travis Scott or anything (which would be cool) but something like Knuckle's SA2 stages would be cool for me
an no the DK rap does not count it's not even the full version
I will only accept "Knock Knock it's Knuckles, unlike Sonic I don't chuckle, i'd rather flex my muscles."

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Not buying the Chun-Li bit, would Sakurai not atleast mention about considering her when he talked about Ken?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, you made this and then posted it here?

Thanks for letting us know this one's fake.
I didn’t make it, for the love of god.

The person who gave me the link is another user here, and Goth knows who it was.

He wanted me to post it because of one character mentioned there that would make the thread react in a weird manner to it.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Why is the thread called “potential spoilers”?
Because they're coming.

I didn’t make it, for the love of god.

The person who gave me the link is another user here, and Goth knows who it was.

He wanted me to post it because of one character mentioned there that would make the thread react in a weird manner to it.
That's our Graizen!

D

Deleted member

All this talk about Chun-Li in Smash, but you know she'll be a bigger nightmare than Bayonetta, considering if they're gonna put her in the game, she'll practically be Melee Fox with how ****ing fast she is. :nifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom