• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Man, i really hope my list isn't accurate at all (besides Slime) but in my head i am thinking "Which Upcoming/Recent Charcters would Nintendo want to promote and what third party charcters would be heavily marketable"
Crash Bandicoot, Sylux and the Three Houses rep.

MalcolmBelmont

Smash Journeyman
If we don't have Rex in the game - i really wouldn't mind Lora though it's not that likely unless DLC charcters were finalised recently

latest.png

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I assure you that anyone who claims to know stuff about the Square character that says Sora and Geno aren’t a part of the conversation is fake.

They’re so typical of Smash bait that if Square were wanting confusion. They’d include them in mumbling about DLC.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Let me try to compile what Xenother has said
To directly quote him...

"- Steve is still in. Accept it.
- There is still a Square Enix character coming. We're in the process of narrowing down who exactly it is, but it's a work in progress.
- Banjo, Geno, Sora, Melmetal, and Bandanna Waddle Dee are all unfortunately not a part of the fighters' pass. Any leaks containing these characters are fake.
- No assist trophies are being upgraded to fighter status. Sorry."
"Chun-Li was supposed to be a part of the main roster. She was cut because they couldn't come up with a proper moveset in time and they ended up going with Ken instead. "
"There are no Zelda characters as DLC unfortunately "

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman
To directly quote him...

- There is still a Square Enix character coming. We're in the process of narrowing down who exactly it is, but it's a work in progress.
- Banjo, Geno, Sora, Melmetal, and Bandanna Waddle Dee are all unfortunately not a part of the fighters' pass. Any leaks containing these characters are fake.
"Chun-Li was supposed to be a part of the main roster. She was cut because they couldn't come up with a proper moveset in time and they ended up going with Ken instead. "
I don't buy it. Mainly just because of the Chun-Li stuff. Sakurai said himself they didn't cut anyone during development.

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
To directly quote him...

So you're certain he might be legit, correct?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Taking all the leaks into consideration and all supposed disconfirmations, i think that this would be my DLC Dream roster:

Steve (minecraft)
Solaire (Dark Souls)
Tap Dancing Girl (Rythm Heaven)
Black Mage (Final Fantasy)
Crash (Crash Bandicot)

Imo it have a great balance between new and old characters (Steve, Tap Dancing Girl, solaire as "news"... even if tehy are going for a decade old, and Black mage and Crash for olds)
Have a great balance between casual and hardcore (Tap dancing girl, steve for casuals, Black Mage, Crash and Solaire for hardcores)
Cater to a wide fanbase that may not originally be interested in smash (classic jrpegers and Nes enthusiasts, PSone fanboys, Darksouls fans, Minecraft Fans and casual nintendo fans)
Appeal to non gamer demographic (Solaire for the memes, Crash for more memes, Tap Dancing Girl)

The only but is little Nintendo representation... really... But most of the nintendo characters i like are already disconfirmed.

EDIT: Except Mipha from BOTW XD

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Man, i really hope my list isn't accurate at all (besides Slime) but in my head i am thinking "Which Upcoming/Recent Charcters would Nintendo want to promote and what third party charcters would be heavily marketable"
seems obvious to me

dab.gif

Last edited:

jokermelee

Smash Apprentice
i would think 3rd party characters from companies that have been supporting the switch, while also have gaming history behind them already.
plus if they have upcoming release on Switch would also help with marketability from Smash DLC

MalcolmBelmont

Smash Journeyman
i would think 3rd party characters from companies that have been supporting the switch, while also have gaming history behind them already.
plus if they have upcoming release on Switch would also help with marketability from Smash DLC
"cough" Dragon Quest "cough".

In all seriousness Travis Touchdown and Jack Frost are charcters i really want but just can't see

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
To directly quote him...

I don't buy it. Mainly just because of the Chun-Li stuff. Sakurai said himself they didn't cut anyone during development.
For what it's worth, the Chun-Li stuff was already stated by Hitagi. Except it's not that she was cut during development, it's that they decided on Ken to save on development time or something. So either this guy could just be piggybacking off that, or maybe it's real.

Idk if I buy any of these people's "leaks" anymore tho.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
To directly quote him...

anyone that says "accept it" and "Sorry" after stuff they say quickly makes me not wanna listen to them. Sound so full of it

Last edited:

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman
Taking all the leaks into consideration and all supposed disconfirmations, i think that this would be my DLC Dream roster:

Steve (minecraft)
Solaire (Dark Souls)
Tap Dancing Girl (Rythm Heaven)
Black Mage (Final Fantasy)
Crash (Crash Bandicot)

Imo it have a great balance between new and old characters (Steve, Tap Dancing Girl, solaire as "news"... even if tehy are going for a decade old, and Black mage and Crash for olds)
Have a great balance between casual and hardcore (Tap dancing girl, steve for casuals, Black Mage, Crash and Solaire for hardcores)
Cater to a wide fanbase that may not originally be interested in smash (classic jrpegers and Nes enthusiasts, PSone fanboys, Darksouls fans, Minecraft Fans and casual nintendo fans)
Appeal to non gamer demographic (Solaire for the memes, Crash for more memes, Tap Dancing Girl)

The only but is little Nintendo representation... really... But most of the nintendo characters i like are already disconfirmed.

EDIT: Except Mipha from BOTW XD
I actually really like this one. I still really want Geno and Banjo, but this would be a really solid DLC roster.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Sorry for being off-topic but does anyone kind of love potatoes? I mean not only do you only have you worry about it being green (And that's it), but they're versatile with other stuff like sour cream and spices, they taste great by themselves, they're not that fattening compared to other tasty foods, and they're easy to eat!

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I mean, if I were Verg i’d be pissed if that guy just outed the information. Assuming Verg didn’t tell him to.

Idk. I don’t really trust these randos coming out of nowhere saying, “Hey listen I have info”. The Smash fanbase is rabid. They’ll give as much attention as they can because, well, they’re rabid.

Also... bruh we have two weeks before it’s out. If you’re bored because there’s nothing to talk about on American Thanksgiving...find something else to do? Like play another game?

I like talking about this as much as the next, but it’s not going to be going 100mph all the time. Distractions are the best way to get through, especially with two weeks left.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Sorry for being off-topic but does anyone kind of love potatoes? I mean not only do you only have you worry about it being green (And that's it), but they're versatile with other stuff like sour cream and spices, they taste great by themselves, they're not that fattening compared to other tasty foods, and they're easy to eat!
I'm reading this in Pit's voice, and I have no regrets.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
what in the goddamn

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Chun Li comment is riding on the theory about Zero Suit. Nothing more.

Hitagi just erased his info from mind because of the potential of fake info.

This user claims to know things for certain. Right now? That’s not how it works.

He knows nothing.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

This user claims to know things for certain. Right now? That’s not how it works.

He knows nothing.
What theory are you talking about? Because if anything it'd be riding on Hitagi stating Chun-Li was cut.

This guy went over the leak mind**** a few days ago and is now stating only Steve and a Squenix rep. Which is what most of us are also certain still remains, and where we were at square one.

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
So if this guy isn't fake, we might get Bandana boi (has BWD's gender been established?) ? I never played a single kirby game, but Bandana seems cute and cool, plus I think it could be a nice gift for boths its huge fanabase for smash and Sakurai himself

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253

He knows nothing.
Okay we get it, please stop hammering it into our skulls. We don't need a repeat of the grinch fiasco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom