• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I didn’t make it, for the love of god.

The person who gave me the link is another user here, and Goth knows who it was.

He wanted me to post it because of one character mentioned there that would make the thread react in a weird manner to it.
Yeah, it's super fake. I'm not even clicking on it, and I know exactly who that character is.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I will only accept "Knock Knock it's Knuckles, unlike Sonic I don't chuckle, i'd rather flex my muscles."
hereicomerougherthantherestofthemthebestofthemtougherthanleatheryoucancallmeknucklesunlikesonicidontchuckleidratherflexmymusclesimhardasnailsitainthardtotellillbreakthemdownwhethertheysolidorfrail

does smash really need meme songs tho

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
So when is this guy who has the game early going to leak info. If the game broke release in Mexico, surely more than one person has the game.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
hereicomerougherthantherestofthemthebestofthemtougherthanleatheryoucancallmeknucklesunlikesonicidontchuckleidratherflexmymusclesimhardasnailsitainthardtotellillbreakthemdownwhethertheysolidorfrail

does smash really need meme songs tho
YES

Untouch

Smash Master
The funny thing is, we had a likely real leak that knew about Piranha Plant as DLC but that's it.
Where are these other inside sources coming from, it's not playtesters apparently.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
If he comes with a wonderful stage, then i agree.
I can see a lot of potential with a Minecraft stage, tbh
Taking all the leaks into consideration and all supposed disconfirmations, i think that this would be my DLC Dream roster:

Tap Dancing Girl (Rythm Heaven)
I thought I was the only one
Not buying the Chun-Li bit, would Sakurai not atleast mention about considering her when he talked about Ken?
Assuming he never mentioned the RH rep in Smash 4... I'd assume he would not talk about cut characters

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I can see a lot of potential with a Minecraft stage, tbh

I thought I was the only one

Assuming he never mentioned te RH rep in Smash 4... I'd assume he would not talk about cut characters
He did admit about cutting Dixie from Brawl when he couldn't implement her as a switching character with Diddy. The character switching likely went to Pokemon Trainer as a result.

Untouch

Smash Master
Assuming he never mentioned te RH rep in Smash 4... I'd assume he would not talk about cut characters
Chorus Kids were likely cut pretty late in development since the Sneaky Spirit is in Smash Run and there's icon data. If I was to guess they were cut for 3DS reasons like Ice Climbers.

If Sakurai can't think of a moveset for Chun-Li development wouldn't have even started.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
The funny thing is, we had a likely real leak that knew about Piranha Plant as DLC but that's it.
Where are these other inside sources coming from, it's not playtesters apparently.
I'm not sure if you're talking about the whole leak speculation of Smash Ultimate. But if you are.
Know that you're wrong- Just that for once, someone didn't went full ****** like ESRB :4pacman:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Alright lads, check out this hot n' ready dlc prediction/wishlist
dlc prediction.jpg

Gen 8 Pokemon
Dread it. Run from it. Pokemon always comes. Pokemon's first new generation on the switch is on it's way and will probably be announced by next February with a release date of next November. A promotional pick i'm pretty sure will happen. I'm always down for more Pokemon so this is fine with me.

Crash
I feel pretty good about this one. Don't know why, I just do.

Chocobo
This is less prediction and more wishlist. Everyone gets in a tizzy over Geno or Sora or Slime, you know who no one would be upset about? Chocobo.
Chocobo is like the most precious creature on the planet. i'd play the hell out of a Chocobo and you would too. If you tell me you don't like Chocobo you're lying. Shout out to StellerRJay StellerRJay for making me legit want Chocobo in Smash.

Edelgard
Much like Corrin and a Gen 8 Pokemon, I think this'll be another promotional pick for Three Houses. She's not another sword user so she's cool with me.

Steve
Minecraft is coming to Smash, and I welcome it. Minecraft is an absolute behemoth and Steve could have a pretty cool moveset. I used to not like the idea but y'know what? Minecraft is rad.

Honorable mention to Euden and Rhythm Heaven.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
I'm not sure if you're talking about the whole leak speculation of Smash Ultimate. But if you are.
Know that you're wrong- Just that for once, someone didn't went full ****** like ESRB :4pacman:
I just mean regarding DLC outside of Piranha Plant.
Seems weird that Minecraft/Square Enix stuff has been floating around for a while, but this playtester knew nothing about it (or just chose not to mention it).

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
View attachment 179217

Gen 8 Pokemon
Dread it. Run from it. Pokemon always comes. Pokemon's first new generation on the switch is on it's way and will probably be announced by next February with a release date of next November. A promotional pick i'm pretty sure will happen. I'm always down for more Pokemon so this is fine with me.

Crash

Chocobo
This is less prediction and more wishlist. Everyone gets in a tizzy over Geno or Sora or Slime, you know who no one would be upset about? Chocobo.
Chocobo is like the most precious creature on the planet. i'd play the hell out of a Chocobo and you would too. If you tell me you don't like Chocobo you're lying. Shout out to StellerRJay StellerRJay for making me legit want Chocobo in Smash.

Edelgard
Much like Corrin and a Gen 8 Pokemon, I think this'll be another promotional pick for Three Houses. She's not another sword user so she's cool with me.

Steve
Minecraft is coming to Smash, and I welcome it. Minecraft is an absolute behemoth and Steve could have a pretty cool moveset. I used to not like the idea but y'know what? Minecraft is rad.
You lying you know my selfish ass would be mad at Chocobo for a while

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It's the song Chun Li by rapper Nicki Minaj and I'm sure most people dislike it

I actually don't mind the song but I don't want you guys to judge my music choice
If only she felt like Chun-Li (not literally felt...maybe)
Why is the thread called “potential spoilers”?
Cause some lucky peeps got an early copy of Ultimate

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Chorus Kids were likely cut pretty late in development since the Sneaky Spirit is in Smash Run and there's icon data. If I was to guess they were cut for 3DS reasons like Ice Climbers.

If Sakurai can't think of a moveset for Chun-Li development wouldn't have even started.
What I don't get is why he didn't actually use the assets to still add the character to Ultimate if it was late in development. Something tells me Chorus Kids weren't as far along in development as we think.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
For Ninja Gaiden, I think this could work for an energetic track (6:02 to 7:16)

Not gonna lie, Ryu Hyabusa would be an awesome edition to the roster. I keep hearing he's the only other third-party NES character left to add that's from an unrepped company. Is that right?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
"- Steve is still in. Accept it.
- There is still a Square Enix character coming. We're in the process of narrowing down who exactly it is, but it's a work in progress.
- Banjo, Geno, Sora, Melmetal, and Bandanna Waddle Dee are all unfortunately not a part of the fighters' pass. Any leaks containing these characters are fake.
- No assist trophies are being upgraded to fighter status. Sorry."
"Chun-Li was supposed to be a part of the main roster. She was cut because they couldn't come up with a proper moveset in time and they ended up going with Ken instead. "
"There are no Zelda characters as DLC unfortunately "
1536456499645.png

This is fake, right?

Bandana Dee cry.png

Iridium

Smash Hero
Not gonna lie, Ryu Hyabusa would be an awesome edition to the roster. I keep hearing he's the only other third-party NES character left to add that's from an unrepped company. Is that right?
It seems so. I can't think of any other unrepped company aside from Tecmo at the moment.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I just mean regarding DLC outside of Piranha Plant.
Seems weird that Minecraft/Square Enix stuff has been floating around for a while, but this playtester knew nothing about it (or just chose not to mention it).
Oh- then.
Well to tell you about DLC it's mostly because talks between company happens and as much as secretive as things are... Those talks often becomes ping-pong games between multiple people. Go talk to A to B to C to get authorization for B then back to A.
Those kinds of talks are bounds to leaks with the numbers of people needed increase as time pass. Especially for a game as big as Smash Bros.

That's why you often hear about those projects in rumours, talk etc... In gaming.
Except if you're called Harada for Tekken and your fake leak list is basically name that no one on Earth can believe when it's actually true because people will see you as a madman.

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
I kinda hope Chun-Li is in even if she was cut from the original roster. For me, a person who never played Street Fighter and lives in Poland, Chun-Li has always been a much more popular and iconic gaming character than Ryu.IMO she's also much cooler and unique than Mr Karate over there. Ryu might be the closest Street Fihter has to a main character and he does allow for a cool and easy echo being Ken, but god, I think I'd prefer it if Chun Li was the one who got in as the SF rep.
(she' also pretty hot)

MalcolmBelmont

Smash Journeyman
I would love to see Ryu Hayabusa in the game, i am just not sure if it's that likely considering the limited amount of third party charcters

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
You're not alone, I'm crying in Alucard too. :(

Im actually super happy he is an Assist trophy i was just referencing this...
But yeah, I would love playable Alucard though (also he would become with another stage and even more music! muahahahaha)

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I kinda hope Chun-Li is in even if she was cut from the original roster. For me, a person who never played Street Fighter and lives in Poland, Chun-Li has always been a much more popular and iconic gaming character than Ryu.IMO she's also much cooler and unique than Mr Karate over there. Ryu might be the closest Street Fihter has to a main character and he does allow for a cool and easy echo being Ken, but god, I think I'd prefer it if Chun Li was the one who got in as the SF rep.
(she' also pretty hot)
You leave Mr. Karate out of this.

In all seriousness I think Chun-li would be an interesting choice but having her before Ryu would be madness.

Last edited:

StellerRJay

~Chocobo Lover~
Switch FC
4077-3863-9308
View attachment 179217

Gen 8 Pokemon

Crash

Chocobo

Edelgard

Steve

Honorable mention to Euden and Rhythm Heaven.
Really happy to finally see Chocobo make it onto someone's prediction/wishlist! I'm glad I was able to motivate you and others to giving the precious yellow feathered bird a chance. Almost everyone knows about Chocobos! So I agree no one would really be mad (For long at the very least) about his inclusion. <3

But yeah. Thanks for the shout out friend! You're an awesome person Noipoi Noipoi !~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom