• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
It's been 22 days since box was confirmed dude lol why would we still be discussing it
And I mean...don't know what to tell you man
Honestly it feels kinda weird now that we AREN'T discussing the box theory 24/7 because it was the main topic of discussion for weeks on end.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
False.

I was a proponent of Box Theory for the sake of preventing hopes and expectations from getting too high only to crash down. Many of the other box theory proponents such as @Scoliosis Jones and @vaanrose among others did so for similar reasons. We didn't want to be right, but it was better to be safe than sorry.

Look at how well that turned out.
I wouldn’t have believed it even if the box had ten more slots, it had nothing to do with hopes for me. If anything I’m more baffled by Nintendo’s blunder than anything.

See, I have to live the rest of my life looking back on Ultimate hype and knowing the most boring theory imaginable was right and I was wrong. I'd like to BELIEVE I'll just forget about it in ten years but I know I won't. I didn't forget about all the stupid **** that happened pre-Sm4sh release. I know it sounds stupid cause ultimately the theory being right means nothing in the long term, but hey, it's the little things that get to you over time. God knows I know about that.
Having really good memory sucks.
Smash 4 pre-release wasn’t really this bad since all of the real leaks were obviously real, at least to me, and there wasn’t as much doubt or confusion or enmity. The only real upset was Gematsu being “wrong”, but it was still technically a real leak.

D

Deleted member

I am shocked.

Mario doesn’t have a Thanksgiving balloon at the parade... And never did.

Why?
Why Mario of all the videogame characters?
Is this the new thing you're going to keep bringing up for a few pages even though it really doesn't matter?

Better this than Behind the Meme. At least it's relevant to today.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You want Isaac? Who has a sword?

You mean like Marth or Cloud? Or even Shulk, who uses an energy sword type weapon?

We have enough swordfighters.

plz don’t kill me
Technically, Cloud wields 6 swords at once. 7 if you count the whole sword as a separate entity.

That means Cloud is like, 600% more swordfighter than the other swordfighters.

D

Deleted member

Dude I make a half joke prediction and the whole world loses it's mind lol
I still think Chocobo would be cool but obviously Geno or Sora would be my first choices not just for me but for the whole community you guys need to chill jesus
Some users here like to take down a lot of comments or replies without caring about explanations.

I shared a link before that a user wanted me to post on his place due to some problems, and a huge number of people started taking me as someone who tried to fool the whole thread, as much as i explained that i was just doing a favour to another user in reality.

D

Deleted member

Is it that weird? Plenty of other big multi-media franchises haven't had balloons.
I always thought that Mario had one, mostly because of the Pikachu and Sonic ones.

Is this the new thing you're going to keep bringing up for a few pages even though it really doesn't matter?

Better this than Behind the Meme. At least it's relevant to today.
I am just shocked, don’t start jumping on me now as someone who “is pissed over a balloon”.

Hey, some people are fans of that alt.
I mean they barely count as people, but their opinions should be respected :V
The Advent Children alt is cool.

I didn’t expect it back when it got revealed, but i like to use it whenever i can.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Happy Thanksgiving to all the American users here, go spend time with family.
Or don't, I'm not gonna judge.
I am shocked.

Why?
But you know who did this year?
Goku.
And we all know what that means.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Happy Thanksgiving to all the American users here, go spend time with family.
Or don't, I'm not gonna judge.

But you know who did this year?
Goku.
And we all know what that means.
I'm just looking at the amount of turkey comments I've seen overall today, and I just say no. But really though, I can't eat that stuff.

Aside from that, I guess I'll be waiting until 9 for that new Ultimate footage...

D

Deleted member

Technically, Cloud wields 6 swords at once. 7 if you count the whole sword as a separate entity.

That means Cloud is like, 600% more swordfighter than the other swordfighters.
FF just be stupid like that, huh.

D

Deleted member

Funny story, when the direct was announced and it was 40 mins long I was considering posting about how dead box theory was. But a part of my mind was saying ‘nah, it could still be real, better safe than sorry’.
Holy ****, I am so glad I did not make that post.

D

Deleted member

Advent Children Cloud is probably picked more than some of the ugly alts like orange Fox tbh
Advent Children alt looks badass.

And while i usually ignore videogame movies, i have to say that Advent Children is visually outstanding and has a cool soundtrack.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Funny story, when the direct was announced and it was 40 mins long I was considering posting about how dead box theory was. But a part of my mind was saying ‘nah, it could still be real, better safe than sorry’.
You barely avoided being roasted like every turkey today.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I wouldn’t have believed it even if the box had ten more slots, it had nothing to do with hopes for me. If anything I’m more baffled by Nintendo’s blunder than anything.
we only knew exactly who those characters were due to leaks. withouth leaks ken slot could been medusa, or zack fair.. or even Celica, for all we knew

So if you don't factor leaks, the only thing the box revealed was the total number of characters.

MainJPW

M.T.A
I am shocked.

Why?
What a bizarro world where Mario hasn't ever have a Macy's Day Parade balloon.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

And the Blue Spiky dude that can turn golden was replaced with another Blue Spiky dude that can turn golden.

D

Deleted member

You barely avoided being roasted like every turkey today.
I was always neutral.
I took Kencineroar and Grinch in the same way, so i wouldn’t be dissapointed with any of the two options (and i actually wanted to see Incineroar because of my Pokémon friend).

Maybe Piranha Plant shocked me too much, but i got over that and to this day i liked the Direct a lot.

I can’t wait to play with my friend some matches between K.Rool and Incineroar.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
You're darn right...

When you post one notable thing on this thread, people are gonna remember, and you're gonna be a bit infamous for it.

You dodged a bullet on that one.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The day Fire Emblem has a ****ing balloon on Thanksgiving is the day I realize that we've been brainwashed by Nintendo.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
we only knew exactly who those characters were due to leaks. withouth leaks ken slot could been medusa, or zack fair.. or even Celica, for all we knew

So if you don't factor leaks, the only thing the box revealed was the total number of characters.
I know, but that’s still kind of a big leak. And it heavily suggested an echo of one of several characters, regardless of the leaks. But I guess it’s only as bad as Lucario, Ness, and Jigglypuff getting leaked back in the Brawl days

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
FF just be stupid like that, huh.
Dude, FF is the best.
Every game keeps trying to top the other in terms of cool swords starting with 7.

"OH, WHAT IF WE ATTACHED A REVOLVER BARREL TO THIS SWORD."
"OH, WHAT IF WE ATTACHED TWO SWORDS TOGETHER."
"OH, WHAT IF WE GAVE HIM ALL THE WEAPONS."
"OH, WHAT IF WE GAVE HIM A SOCCER BALL AND A WATER SWORD."
"OH, WHAT IF WE GAVE HER A BUTTERFLY KNIFE GUN-BLADE"
"OH, WHAT IF WE MADE HIM GILGAMESH FROM FATE."

D

Deleted member

The direct would probably be an hour long if the Grinch was real.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Which tech that is based on your dream newcomer do you want to exist?

Example: I kind of want Junko to have "Downer Dashing" where you slide through the floor after your opponent gets a Despair status effect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom