• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Dude, FF is the best.
Every game keeps trying to top the other in terms of cool swords starting with 7.

"OH, WHAT IF WE ATTACHED A REVOLVER BARREL TO THIS SWORD."
"OH, WHAT IF WE ATTACHED TWO SWORDS TOGETHER."
"OH, WHAT IF WE GAVE HIM ALL THE WEAPONS."
"OH, WHAT IF WE GAVE HIM A SOCCER BALL AND A WATER SWORD."
"OH, WHAT IF WE GAVE HER A BUTTERFLY KNIFE GUN-BLADE"
"OH, WHAT IF WE MADE HIM GILGAMESH FROM FATE."
DUDE WHAT IF IT WAS LIKE A LIGHTSABER IN A SWORD BUT THE SWORD IS ALSO A SHEATH :4shulk:

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
FF just be stupid like that, huh.
The sheer hokeyness of it adds to its charm though. A swiss-army sword containing even more swords, that assemble each other like jigsaw pieces? That's pretty badass.

Dude, FF is the best.
Every game keeps trying to top the other in terms of cool swords starting with 7.

In fact, weapons of all types have inspired how I tend to draw mine :D

Last edited:

beans

Smash Lord
The day Fire Emblem has a ****ing balloon on Thanksgiving is the day I realize that we've been brainwashed by Nintendo.
Gotta praise the big Lynn in the sky.
And the next one, praise the other Lynn too.
And another balloon, goddanmit Lynn why do you have so many balloons.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Let me try to compile what Xenother has said
To directly quote him...

"- Steve is still in. Accept it.
- There is still a Square Enix character coming. We're in the process of narrowing down who exactly it is, but it's a work in progress.
- Banjo, Geno, Sora, Melmetal, and Bandanna Waddle Dee are all unfortunately not a part of the fighters' pass. Any leaks containing these characters are fake.
- No assist trophies are being upgraded to fighter status. Sorry."
"Chun-Li was supposed to be a part of the main roster. She was cut because they couldn't come up with a proper moveset in time and they ended up going with Ken instead. "
"There are no Zelda characters as DLC unfortunately "
Whilst I'm not exactly 100% certain about its legitimacy, I still would've prefered to have Chun-Li over Ken. Let's say if she was indeed cut (even though I do find it hard to believe that they would have difficulties coming up with a move set) maybe they could put her in a future Fighters pass?

D

Deleted member

Which tech that is based on your dream newcomer do you want to exist?

Example: I kind of want Junko to have "Downer Dashing" where you slide through the floor after your opponent gets a Despair status effect.
I would like to see the mixed move from Warped and Crash 2 where you can jump higher by sliding and quickly tap jump after doing so.

It feels great to use.

D

Deleted member

I was always neutral.
I took Kencineroar and Grinch in the same way, so i wouldn’t be dissapointed with any of the two options (and i actually wanted to see Incineroar because of my Pokémon friend).

Maybe Piranha Plant shocked me too much, but i got over that and to this day i liked the Direct a lot.

I can’t wait to play with my friend some matches between K.Rool and Incineroar.
My stance on the box theory when it first popped up was that I was pretty doubtful of it, cause I was thinking ‘it’s only a digital image and Nintendo wouldn’t telegraph that easily’, but at the same time the deal with how the characters were organised and ken definitely made me consider it and keep it in mind. But I also thought box theory was irrelevant because in my mind after Isabelle got announced I was always thinking ‘Ken, incineroar and Geno as either base or free dlc is what’s left’, so box theory just kinda fit in with what I already thought. I was kinda right with a Mario character being free DLC I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
People who actually know anything about Dragon Quest:
If Erdrick got in as the DQ rep, would the Luminary from the latest game work as an Echo of Erdrick?

beans

Smash Lord
Dude, FF is the best.

Just like Megaman in a way
Astro Boy but he doesnt get screwed in the end
Astro Boy but in the futurer future
Astro Boy's friend in the futurer in the futurest
Astro Boy HENSHIN
Astro Boy browses the internet

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Example: I kind of want Junko to have "Downer Dashing" where you slide through the floor after your opponent gets a Despair status effect.
I think "Chorus Canceling" explains itself

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Oh man, Junko would be awesome in Smash
Me too, mostly because of what she brings to the table is unique for potencially being a Status-Debuff based "Smart IQ" character. I imagine that her tilts, a few aerials and Smash attacks are all based on the deaths throughout the Danganronpa series.

Such as her down air has her dropping a knife, and it stays there when landing on the floor, acting as a trap then gets opponents in a crumble state (Similar to Ryu's focus attack).

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Digital
Devil
Summoning
It's in the name.
SMT Demons pink.png

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>Chun-Li moveset
>hard to make

dude watch this
Neutral Special
Up Special

Side Special
This is her Focus Attack but I can't get a small enough image of it so imagine this but without the energy thingies

Final Smash #1

Final Smash #2

D

Deleted member

>Chun-Li moveset
>hard to make

dude watch this
Neutral Special
Up Special

Side Special
This is her Focus Attack but I can't get a small enough image of it so imagine this but without the energy thingies

Final Smash #1

Final Smash #2
my brain hurts. how could you make a moveset out of this?????

D

Deleted member

Gotta praise the big Lynn in the sky.
And the next one, praise the other Lynn too.
And another balloon, goddanmit Lynn why do you have so many balloons.
So they can be popped with extreme prejudice.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
>Chun-Li moveset
>hard to make

dude watch this
Neutral Special
Up Special

Side Special

Final Smash #1

Final Smash #2
I always wondered why they did focus moves instead of any other mechanics in Street Fighter...

Then again, while it would be cool to see somebody recreate Evo Moment #37 in Smash... I think it's for the better that we don't have somebody who can parry literally every attack in the game.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
>Chun-Li moveset
>hard to make

dude watch this
Neutral Special
Up Special

Side Special

Final Smash #1

Final Smash #2
She can also do charge motions to make stronger versions of her specials since she also has the 1v1 facing front mechanic like Ryu and Ken have.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Then again, while it would be cool to see somebody recreate Evo Moment #37 in Smash... I think it's for the better that we don't have somebody who can parry literally every attack in the game.
K. Rool superarmor tho :denzel:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I want Capcom to consider this guy as their next choice, if they make one:

Strider Hiryu's the name. Again, I would love more ninja rep (him and Ryu Hayabusa for a rivalry?). Owned by Capcom, but still technically start off as a manga character (but his game came out literally the next year).

I'm not sure what to say about what Sakurai could think when presented with this character...

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I still remember people doing mathemathical calculations of ammount of characters reveals based on the Direct lenght...

To this day i hope that those were joke posts
Well, I did a calculation, just to prove that it was possible to fit 5 characters into a single direct.

It was under the assumption that Sakurai wouldn't spend like 10 minutes talking about the Options. :laugh:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace

Again, I would love more ninja rep (him and Ryu Hayabusa for a rivalry?). Owned by Capcom, but still technically start off as a manga character (but his game came out literally the next year). I'm not sure what to say about what Sakurai could think when presented with this character...
If that quote about Nintendo prioritizing nostalgia I keep hearing is true, he might be more likely than you think.

D

Deleted member

Strider Hiryu's the name. Again, I would love more ninja rep (him and Ryu Hayabusa for a rivalry?). Owned by Capcom, but still technically start off as a manga character (but his game came out literally the next year).

I'm not sure what to say about what Sakurai could think when presented with this character...
As cool as Strider is, doesn't he have some weird ownership issues?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

>literally anything else than the dad from RE7 Captain Commando
He was literally the mascot of the company.

Untitled.png

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I always wondered why they did focus moves instead of any other mechanics in Street Fighter...

Probably because they seem easy to do a down special with especially considering Street Fighter 4 was the latest one in the series when they were making Ryu.

D

Deleted member

As cool as Strider is, doesn't he have some weird ownership issues?
I mean, I can’t imagine he’s too difficult to getm cause he always appears in MvC games and his likeness was used on SF5.

Strider would be dope as **** though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom