• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
I don't think anyone who supported the box theory wanted it to be true, lol.
The only people who really did want it to be true did so out of spite because of all the hate they were getting. I mean that, or they're trolls who want the Smash community to spiral into chaos and despair because it's funny to them.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

It's too late. You've been infected.

Joker doesn't do **** cuz he's a normal-*** teenager when he's not in metaphorical brains.
I don't watch the P5 anime :4pacman:

and he uses the money made from p5 and assorted spinoff and merch to bury demi fiend and steal his look.

D

Deleted member

As someone who got into arguments about the box, and truly thought believing it was silly and accused people of wanting it to be real so they could be right...

Yeah, that was dumb. I was dumb. Please do not do that.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Box theory always had a leg to stand on. People just didn't want it to happen thus rebuked any arguments for it.

If the box had five open spaces nobody would have argued against it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The only reason to want something to be true is bragging rights.

i'm gonna flex on y'all so ****ing hard if steve gets in i know who all the fake fans were when vergeben stole my glory smh

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

While at the time i found it weird that Nintendo would straight on confirm with a box that only two reveals were left, i have to admit that i always took in consideration the idea of box theory being true.

When you are a fan of Crash Bandicoot, Metroid, Godzilla and the Fantastic Four; you learn a lot about patience and the fact that it is important to have an open mind to any possibility that is presented on the table.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The only reason to want something to be true is bragging rights.

i'm gonna flex on y'all so ****ing hard if steve gets in i know who all the fake fans were when vergeben stole my glory smh
I don't think anyone at this point is doubting his inclusion.
I think the proper word would be "dreading"

D

Deleted member

At least now we can all collectively look back and think ‘wow did we really get into arguments and act smug over a ****ing box?’

beans

Smash Lord
Box theory always had a leg to stand on. People just didn't want it to happen thus rebuked any arguments for it.

If the box had five open spaces nobody would have argued against it.
Honestly, I didnt have any problem with the slots, just the fact that Nintendo would inadvertely leak the character count trough box art was something that I tought too stupid to be real.
Welp just look at where we are

Noipoi

Howdy!
I thought it was silly simply because I thought Nintendo wouldn't give away the remaining amount of characters on a box.
Clearly I overestimated Nintendo.

That said, I always kept it in the back of my mind. I even started to defend it when the box detractors started attacking those who believed it.
And hey, it gave me Incineroar so I can't be mad at it.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Yeah and adding Ridley pandered to a slightly larger than small amount of toxic people.

The overall net PR was, to put it lightly, positive.

Dumber arguments have happened, but that doesn't mean you should keep pushing this one.
We shoudn't add K Rool, some parts of his fanbase are toxic and we don't wanna pander to those guys.
We shouldn't add Ridley, some parts of his fanbase are toxic and we don't wanna pander to those guys.
We shouldn't add Mario, some parts of his fanbase are toxic and we don't wanna pander to those guys.
Seriously, talk about misplaced retribution here. People can be so myopic about what happens in a character's fanbase that they feel the need to punish everyone in it regardless of how small the bad eggs are. They need to go, like, far away. It got especially nasty when K.Rool got confirmed and the bad part of his fanbase started making fun of other people's Most-Wanted. Truth is, every character who took years to get into Smash had loud, toxic fanboys, including the ones who are in Assist Trophy hell. Remember kiddies, every character has their false-flaggers. Tread lightly and judge things through your lenses, not someone else's.

Some people here said:
[Grumble, grumble]

Chun-Li!

[Grumble, grumble]

Capcom!

[Grumble, grumble]

Ninjas!

[Grumble, grumble]
So what's with all the hubbub? Did I miss anything lately?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Literally no one would care. You overestimate how many "toxic" people there are in both characters' fandoms and the amount of people who care about those people.
This so much.

Literally no one would care about that upon their reveals. People (especially supporters of said characters) would be stoked to have them playable.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
So according to Reddit, the full game got leaked cause someone got it early.

Anyone have any info they want to share with me?

Iridium

Smash Hero
The moral of the story here is that the Box Theory was very safe given the statements by Sakurai himself about the base roster size, and nothing that could easily rule it out at all. I tried to deny it (and pretty much every "leak"), but it still survived for so long.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
This so much.

Literally no one would care about that upon their reveals. People (especially supporters of said characters) would be stoked to have them playable.
I want to believe that so badly, I really do, but when it comes to Waluigi specifically, I don't think that's going to be true.

D

Deleted member

I thought it was silly simply because I thought Nintendo wouldn't give away the remaining amount of characters on a box.
Clearly I overestimated Nintendo.

That said, I always kept it in the back of my mind. I even started to defend it when the box detractors started attacking those who believed it.
And hey, it gave me Incineroar so I can't be mad at it.
As someone who got into arguments about the box, and truly thought believing it was silly and accused people of wanting it to be real so they could be right...

Yeah, that was dumb. I was dumb. Please do not do that.
Hah, look at these utter fools who decided to take a stance on something. Heed my advice:never ever have an opinion on anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

beans

Smash Lord

Honestly, I want this guy to take the fall for the team and get someone to datamine it.
If Ryu and Roy were discovered like that, and Bayonetta was already in the works aswell, then I 80% on the fact theres something of atleas 2 DLC characters there.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I want this guy to take the fall for the team and get someone to datamine it.
If Ryu and Roy were discovered like that, and Bayonetta was already in the works aswell, then I 80% on the fact theres something of atleas 2 DLC characters there.
Inb4 it's just some model data for Piranha Plant.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh I know, but I recall within this thread a whole conversation a couple of days ago about how "rabid" Isaac fans were after the final Direct.
Again, doesn't matter if it's a minority or not, people will treat it like it's a majority.
"Rabid" Isaac fans were indeed the minority, making immediate reactions.

After the initial shock, most of them calmed down and said: "*sigh* Now what?"

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I want to believe that so badly, I really do, but when it comes to Waluigi specifically, I don't think that's going to be true.
Half a dozen fans being toxic does not equal to the tens, if not hundreds of thousands of people that would be excited for the character's inclusion.

I'd be more suprised if the general public even knew or cared about the incident.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Good old smashboards.
Post something they don't like , they bully you like a piece of garbage.
And the Moderators? What Moderators?

Untouch

Smash Master

Nothing notable has leaked, the only thing we don't know yet is the order that some characters are unlocked and that Yoshi's classic mode is called "The Jurassic Tour".

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Half a dozen fans being toxic does not equal to the tens, if not hundreds of thousands of people that would be excited for the character's inclusion.

I'd be more suprised if the general public even knew or cared about the incident.
Waluigi is a special case because the general public DID know about his deconfirmation because, again, ****ing big mainstream media news sites were making articles about it. Even restaurants and other companies were making tweets referencing it.
It's not just the toxic fanbase; people would probably hate Waluigi getting in simply because it's cool to hate on him now because "normies" like him.

Last edited:

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
That would suck tho.
Like, with leaks we have some discussion and we never for 100% know if they’re true this time. Just having surprises ruined for sure with datamining is lame both for the discussion and for Sakurai himself

EDIT: forgot to put the quote in and I don’t think I can do that editing. I was respondimg to the person that saying that the early copy guy should get it datamined so we know some dlc info early from the code.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That would suck tho.
Like, with leaks we have some discussion and we never for 100% know if they’re true this time. Just having surprises ruined for sure with datamining is lame both for the discussion and for Sakurai himself
Hey, at least you’d kinda know what you’re paying for with the pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom