• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm going to work. Don't crash and burn with some new fake leak while I'm gone.

Because he stole my sense of humor, obviously
Your compliments mean nothing if they're lesser than your insults.

That's a shame, and really stupid. I hope by now we know not to generalize fanbases, though.
Never forget

Last edited:

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Let me try to compile what Xenother has said
To directly quote him...

"- Steve is still in. Accept it.
- There is still a Square Enix character coming. We're in the process of narrowing down who exactly it is, but it's a work in progress.
- Banjo, Geno, Sora, Melmetal, and Bandanna Waddle Dee are all unfortunately not a part of the fighters' pass. Any leaks containing these characters are fake.
- No assist trophies are being upgraded to fighter status. Sorry."
"Chun-Li was supposed to be a part of the main roster. She was cut because they couldn't come up with a proper moveset in time and they ended up going with Ken instead. "
"There are no Zelda characters as DLC unfortunately "
I've been away from the thread too long.

Who exactly is Xenother, and what has he said in the past that gives him credibility in this realm? Just wondering how much weight to give this claim.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I've been away from the thread too long.

Who exactly is Xenother, and what has he said in the past that gives him credibility in this realm? Just wondering how much weight to give this claim.
Potential new GameFAQ's leaker. Yet to prove himself or be backed up. Don't rely on him. But his info's been matching up with Hitagi's for a bit.
Don't give him much weight.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
The majority of Isaac fans are chill now because they know being disappointed one time doesn't warrant lashing out.

This community's attitude towards disappointment is kinda nutty, especially with Ultimate. It's why I say hype to the fullest and if what you want doesn't happen, then look to the future. Is that me being naive and believing that most Smash fans have the decency to not act like assholes? Maybe.

But I've crashed and burned over disappointment concerning video games, and I've grown from that. It's not worth it. Being disappointed over a video game doesn't make me act like a child, because there's more important things to cry over.

There's nothing wrong with hyping up a game and hoping for the best, and no one should try to police you on your hype levels. What matters is how you present yourself during specula, and how you act when all is said in done.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
User was warned for this post; censor dodging
Funny thing about Ashely is that she shares a lot in common with Waluigi.

- Both associated with Wario
-Both were thought to be likely til they got AT’d
-A few toxic ***** threatens Sakurai ruining their fanbases reputation

However, Ashely lacks meme status and huge outcry like Waluigi so the latter will probably be more likely to get in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
I'm going to work. Don't crash and burn with some new fake leak while I'm gone.

Your compliments mean nothing if they're lesser than your insults.

Never forget

You know what the saddest part of this is?
He's right. Castlevania IS a dead franchise.
Thanks, Konami!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Funny thing about Ashely is that she shares a lot in common with Waluigi.

- Both associated with Wario
-Both were thought to be likely til they got AT’d
-A few toxic ***** threatens Sakurai ruining their fanbases reputation

However, Ashely lacks meme status and huge outcry like Waluigi so the latter will probably be more likely to get in the future.
Another difference is one fanbase gets **** on whereas the other doesn't. Though tbf Waluigi kind of is the butt of all jokes in Mario lore
Two things, one: oh no
Secondly: Someone in a server I'm in has the actual rom itself, it was from a deleted 4chan thread that can't be accessed anymore. She's trying to rip the music
You know regardless if this is true or not I just want to know what happened with Sonic, Kirby, Mega Man, Fire Emblem, Metroid and Metal Gear in terms of music so I better see youtube uploads of the entire Ultimate OST

Last edited by a moderator:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I got celebrate Thanksgiving, come home and watch some UFC, only to come back here to see arugments about toxic fans.

*sips Dr. Pepper* Just another day at the office.
just another day on Smashboards

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Castlevania has been alive for a while now. The fact it got an anime proves it. Dead franchises do not get new works at all. EarthBound is finished(though not dead instead). Banjo & Kazooie is dead and has gotten no new works. Castlevania on the other hand has never been dead and has continuously gotten new works over and over again.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Propenents of the box theory were only ever in it for gloating rights later. Let him reap his spoils.
I wouldn’t have believed it even if the box had ten more slots, it had nothing to do with hopes for me. If anything I’m more baffled by Nintendo’s blunder than anything.

Smash 4 pre-release wasn’t really this bad since all of the real leaks were obviously real, at least to me, and there wasn’t as much doubt or confusion or enmity. The only real upset was Gematsu being “wrong”, but it was still technically a real leak.
The only people who really did want it to be true did so out of spite because of all the hate they were getting. I mean that, or they're trolls who want the Smash community to spiral into chaos and despair because it's funny to them.
I find it hilarous that there is once again demonization against box theorists. As an added bonus, we have people acting like they were "victims", poor innocent victims of the nasty and spiteful box theorists. Box theorists were always a minority. Oh no! A small group of people were right, they dont deserve to brag about it after being run down the mud. How dare them! :rolleyes:

It is really pathetic that people think that a small comment like "Look, now we will always have a reminder of the box theory" is being compared to the disgusting stuff that came from grinch leakers. Grinch leakers were total douchebags and it is a FACT. They went ahead and attacked as many groups as posible in the defense of their leak. Box theorists were treated like wackos. Insiders were called liars and accused of being paid by Nintendo to lie, there were many disgusting pieces of art laughing at the expense of the incineroar fandom. If you want to accuse any group of being nasty look no further. And you dont need my word, lets ask insiders, lets ask box theorists, lets ask the incineroar fan club.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
I never got the Ashley support. She's cool, but I'd much prefer the other characters like Mona, Jimmy, or 9-Volt. I'd be happy though, since more WarioWare representation would've been great.

Speaking of WarioWare, I hope we get good remixes. I really need a Body Rock remix.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
>When people tell me to wait for the next Smash again as they have been doing for the past ten years.
despair.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom