• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Ashley gets significantly less **** from what I've seen. Though Ashley doesn't have a personality that's as easy to lovingly mock
Waluigi fans certainly get more ****, but for like a week after the direct those Ashley fans tweets were a bit of a meme. I saw them being parodied a lot.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I never got the Ashley support. She's cool, but I'd much prefer the other characters like Mona, Jimmy, or 9-Volt. I'd be happy though, since more WarioWare representation would've been great.

Speaking of WarioWare, I hope we get good remixes. I really need a Body Rock remix.
Because she's cool! She's a little girl who practices the black arts and tames demons, that's rad.

D

Deleted member

Newcomer speculation will never not be a cluster****. No matter who the character is, they'll always have some crazy fan or two backing them. That's just how it is.

D

Deleted member

Honestly I’d prefer 9-Volt as a warioware character. I feel like he could have a cool moveset that could represent nintendo’s history before video games.

Biased part of me wants Orbulon though.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
I never got the Ashley support. She's cool, but I'd much prefer the other characters like Mona, Jimmy, or 9-Volt. I'd be happy though, since more WarioWare representation would've been great.

Speaking of WarioWare, I hope we get good remixes. I really need a Body Rock remix.
I agree, Ashley never appealed to me either which is ironic because I like cutesy characters and wicked witches but she just doesn't seem interesting or cute at all in my opinion. Kat and Ana are my favorite Wario Ware characters personally but Mona, Jimmy, or 9-Volt would be cool too.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I find it hilarious that around after the August Direct, K.Rool fans were accused of “bullying” Ashely fans for making the typical salty “this character got in and yours didn’t lol” fan art.

It’s kinda funny cause nobody seems to be victimizing the Isaac/Shadow/Geno fans after the November Direct finished lol.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I find it hilarious that around after the August Direct, K.Rool fans were accused of “bullying” Ashely fans for making the typical salty “this character got in and yours didn’t lol” fan art.

It’s kinda funny cause nobody seems to be victimizing the Isaac/Shadow/Geno fans after the November Direct finished lol.
Well, it was kinda mean...
you just got the character you've been waiting a decade for, why do you have to put others down?

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Well, it was kinda mean...
you just got the character you've been waiting a decade for, why do you have to put others down?
Because, get this: they could get away with it.
No one would call them out because all that most Smash fans seem to think matters in the long run is the fact that their character is in Smash and other people's characters are not.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I find it hilarous that there is once again demonization against box theorists. As an added bonus, we have people acting like they were "victims", poor innocent victims of the nasty and spiteful box theorists. Box theorists were always a minority. Oh no! A small group of people were right, they dont deserve to brag about it after being run down the mud. How dare them! :rolleyes:

It is really pathetic that people think that a small comment like "Look, now we will always have a reminder of the box theory" is being compared to the disgusting stuff that came from grinch leakers. Grinch leakers were total douchebags and it is a FACT. They went ahead and attacked as many groups as posible in the defense of their leak. Box theorists were treated like wackos. Insiders were called liars and accused of being paid by Nintendo to lie, there were many disgusting pieces of art laughing at the expense of the incineroar fandom. If you want to accuse any group of being nasty look no further. And you dont need my word, lets ask insiders, lets ask box theorists, lets ask the incineroar fan club.
I believe Andre from Gamexplain compared grinch truthers to trump supporters and tbh it got aaaaaawfully close to that level the closer we were to the direct's date

D

Deleted member

I believe Andre from Gamexplain compared grinch truthers to trump supporters and tbh it got aaaaaawfully close to that level the closer we were to the direct's date
Yeah once team real started talking about building a wall between the US and Mexico I knew things were heating up. /s

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I don't think the Layton fanbase was in any way shape or form certain he was gonna be in, so they were low key...
The smaller support threads are always pleasant to watch. They don't get pissy or frantic over evidence and make huge walls of text on why they should be in. Obviously they want the character but mostly they just talk about the character. Why they like them, what they could do, that kinda stuff.

D

Deleted member

Like everyone else said, Layton fans don't seem like the kind of people to cause trouble.
More like Tumblrites and Game Journalists after Doom Eternal got revealed :troll:
Okay, I'll say it; that grinch leak was mean to us. Like, really, there are people who even laughs about the big cat. I was team maybe; but I WISHED it was fake.
The Grinch Leak was a Trojian Horse, and we fell for it.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Am Geno supporter

We ****in suck
I always get annoyed when I see a video criticizing a group and then someone in the comments goes "As a member of (group) I fully agree with you"
I dunno why, I guess it might be because I automatically assume that person is trying to act like they're different than the rest when they really aren't.

D

Deleted member

Luckily, as the only Sigma supporter in existence my actions dictate the entirety of the support group’s attitude.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Back in July I really, legit thought Ashley had a chance, clearly I was a moron.

I was pretty zealous about her, she was a character I loved since I was small. I got really crazy.

I just wanna apologize for my past self. You guys had to put up with some real stupidity.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Back in July I really, legit thought Ashley had a chance, clearly I was a moron.

I was pretty zealous about her, she was a character I loved since I was small. I got really crazy.

I just wanna apologize for my past self. You guys had to put up with some real stupidity.
You weren't a moron for thinking she had a chance, dude. Anyone who isn't explicitly shown as an AT has a chance.
Your actions during that period of time might've been stupid, but your assumptions weren't.

KMDP

Smash Legend

Don't worry about it.
Look girl it isn't my fault Geno's still stuck in the roof since Bowser kicked him through a ceiling
FREE WILL, *****!

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Everyone has a chance.

It's not wrong to have hope.

D

Deleted member

Don’t beat yourself up over it. Man, we’ve all done some things we regret, no need to apologise.

D

Deleted member

He did do that.
Wow. Thought Andre would have more sense than that. But oh well. Don't follow Gamexplain that much anyways, so if he's stupid, then he's stupid.

Hey man, I may not have been there to see it, but we all make mistakes. It's fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom