• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
Now that I think, Hyness and the Jambastion mages are also missing (as far as I know).

So, if Spirits deconfirm characters (IF), the options are:
Adeleine&Ribbon, Taranza, Sectonia, Jambastion Mages and Hyness.

What about the -Knights? Galacta Knight and so on? Are they spirits already?

I think Hyness has a chance too, honestly... he comes from a recent game and I can totally see Nintendo promoting him through Smash.
The Mages are spirits

Last edited:

R O F L

Smash Ace
I respect your opinion, though, I'm pretty sure that she's not obscure anymore thanks to Star Allies, and anyway she appeared in 2 games before, having a pretty relevant role in the first one (she was one of the 5 bosses in Kriby's Dream Land 3 and had the staff roll all dedicated to her), and a main character in Kirby 64. So I think that she's just as deserving as characters such as Taranza and Susie.
I still feel like Bandana Dee, Hyness, Taranza, Susie, and Magolor should be in instead of Adeleine because they could represent "new Kirby." And we all know that the "new Kirby" era needs more representation than just Kirby's final smash. Also, I completely forgot about Ado, silly me.

Anyway, even in case she's considered obscure, the thing is that her summons aren't obscure at all. She can summon some of the most iconic enemies from the series, including Kracko who has been in almost every Kirby game (when he's not in he's usually replaced by a mechanical clone or something).
It all depends on who they will make her summon in the moveset.
That could work, but I feel like Kracko would work better as a boss or assist. Also, isn't Kracko the only iconic Kirby character that appears in Adeleine's summons? I'm pretty sure Ice Dragon, Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright, and Sweet Stuff aren't iconic.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
>Not obscure
>In one game as one of many DLC characters after over a decade.

There's a difference between "relevant" and "obscure."
The DLCs of those game have been the main marketing point of said game for almost a year, and they are getting a new mode just recently where you play as all of them.
In addition, of all the DLC characters, she has been the most hyped one so far, and even now that's Magolor's wave, even Magolor is getting less hyped because the new mode is stealing the spotlight from him.

And it's still a playable character in the most recent Kirby game, where so far there are 13 of them, not that many if you think... the Sonic cast is way larger, for example.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I still feel like Bandana Dee, Hyness, Taranza, Susie, and Magolor should be in instead of Adeleine because they could represent "new Kirby." And we all know that the "new Kirby" era needs more representation than just Kirby's final smash. Also, I completely forgot about Ado, silly me.

That could work, but I feel like Kracko would work better as a boss or assist. Also, isn't Kracko the only iconic Kirby character that appears in Adeleine's summons? I'm pretty sure Ice Dragon, Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright, and Sweet Stuff aren't iconic.
Can't believe you have the ****ing NERVE to forget *checks notes* Waiu, the ninja dude she summons

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
This Kirby talk makes me want to play Kirby star allies again.

Fun Kirby game overall.
It's shorter than the 3DS games, with the tradeoff of being able to play as all the other characters. Don't regret purchasing it, especially with that climactic ending, but the 3DS games definitely had more to do.

At least we're getting some more actual content in the new update next week, right in time to play for the home stretch of the wait for Ultimate.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I was editing my previous post, but it already got flooded so I'll post as a new post:

Ice Dragon is kinda iconic too, less than Kracko but in the recent years he haas been brought back a lot. Mr Shine and Mr Bright are super iconic IMO, even if they are unused recently.
But you shouldn't only limit yourself to what she summoned in the few appearances she did.
In Star Allies she summons a monster from the anime.
She can summon ANY character from the Kirby series, there aren't specific rules in that. If they want they can make her summon a Whispy Woods.

Anyway, she also summoned Waddle Dee, Bronto Burt and Bouncy (through wall drawings in a level of KDL3) and Dark Matter in Kirby 64.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
At least we're getting some more actual content in the new update next week, right in time to play for the home stretch of the wait for Ultimate.
My home stretch game is Gears 4. They've added so many achievements and new content, and I'm afraid that between Smash, the Bravely games I just got, Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Shenmue I, II & III, I'm not gonna touch the game again before Gears 5 releases.

I've been playing a lot of horde mode.

EDIT: Goddammit double posted again! I have to stop posting after midnight PST.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
A summoner character that uses iconic and memorable characters that are present throughout the series to attack, eh?
I know a few characters that fulfill that role...
The Hero
SMT1 Hero with Jack Frost.jpg

The Demi-fiend
Jack Frost riding on Demi-fiend's head.jpg

Details in the signature below.

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I am unapologetic about my love for Awakening. I adore and appreciate every game in the series except Fates and I wish Awakening or old school FE wasn't a line fans drew.

There is a line though. It's "games that are still Japanese-exclusive" and the ones that aren't.

*shakes fist at unreleased Genealogy of the Holy War*

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I am unapologetic about my love for Awakening. I adore and appreciate every game in the series except Fates and I wish Awakening or old school FE wasn't a line fans drew.

The only line here is between good games and bad games. Whether it comes before or after a certain date is inconsequential to the quality of the game.

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
Just jumping back into things. So Hitagi leaked a list but isn’t sure now? Am I following this right? Who was on the list?

NineS

Smash Lord
Just jumping back into things. So Hitagi leaked a list but isn’t sure now? Am I following this right? Who was on the list?
No list.
Same as before.
- Square Enix rep
- Namco rep
- Nintendo Swordfighter
- Steve from Minecraft
- ???

Nothing has changed. Katalina is out. According to them, Spirits are also deconfirmed for the Fighters' pass.

The biggest new thing that's come up is that leakypandy says we're getting 3 new games for the switch developed by Platinum Games, one of them being Bayonetta 3. Not sure about the other two, they don't know if they're ports or entirely new.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Looks like the Blog updated again tonight, with a character instead of a stage for once. I'm surprised it took so long for her to get a post considering her changes. :ultzelda:

I know it says "A Link Between Worlds" and that there diehard fans who argue "A Link to the Past," but her design seems to be original/a fusion of both similar to Roy.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Looks like the Blog updated again tonight, with a character instead of a stage for once. I'm surprised it took so long for her to get a post considering her changes. :ultzelda:

I know it says "A Link Between Worlds" and that there diehard fans who argue "A Link to the Past," but her design seems to be original/a fusion of both similar to Roy.
Seems pretty blatant aLttP to me. Can't really see any aLBW specific design elements in there.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Seems pretty blatant aLttP to me. Can't really see any aLBW specific design elements in there.
I remember seeing a fan chart comparing the two and that there were a couple things that were shared; It is mostly aLttP though.

Watching Twitter arguments play out was pretty funny.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
In all seriousness I'd be incredibly confused if Kirby got anyone else before Bandana Dee. Though Adeline would disappoint me a bit cause I'm still a bit salty after her Star Allies gameplay
Adeline would be funny just to see Brawl in the Family's Kirby cast become canon!

NineS

Smash Lord
Someone just posted this about the new song

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...ting_about_the_new/?utm_source=reddit-android

The intro to the new song is apparently from SMRPG, while the rest is from SMB3.

Geno plz
I wouldn't look into it too much.
That isn't to say that I wouldn't look into it. This is definitely something interesting, but I wonder.

Who owns the rights to that specific track from SMRPG? The "Fight Against Koopa" track?
It is Koji Kondo behind Smash Ultimate's arrangement. I wouldn't take it as evidence for or against Geno at this point, as the song is said to Originate from Super Mario Bros. 3 according to the website, not SMRPG.

This would mean that, while it could potentially hint at Geno's inclusion, you must take a few things into account:

1. It shares a bit of the theme from SMRPG, but what necessarily means that they can't do it without hinting at Geno specifically? Nothing in the rulebook says that Koji Kondo can't take bits of pieces of the renditions he likes, and mash them together into an entirely new one without Geno's involvement. It is Mario music after all.

2. This song confirming/hinting at Geno might be a bit much, especially considering that these songs aren't usually last-minute made. We know there's been talks of a Square Enix rep with Nintendo for the few past months, but we don't know for how far back they've actually been. Assuming this piece of music, along with others, were made far before these talks between Square Enix and Nintendo for DLC have happened, then this has absolutely nothing to do with Geno other than referencing the rendition of this track from SMRPG.

3. Taking into account Geno is already in the game (albeit as a spirit/fighter icon), this doesn't really hint at Geno at all. Rather, it really is just referencing the SMRPG rendition of this track.
And a very nice reference at that.
In fact, I'm not sure why I didn't just start with this third one instead. It would've gotten the point across faster, and it would've been far more straight-forward... Oh well.

EDIT: I need to make a habit out of double-checking my spelling.

Last edited:

Pyr

Smash Lord
Someone just posted this about the new song

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...ting_about_the_new/?utm_source=reddit-android

The intro to the new song is apparently from SMRPG, while the rest is from SMB3.

Geno plz
According to the thread, a transition in the song is from SMRPG, not the intro. That said...

Since the SMRPG version is a remix of SMB3 the version, I'd imagine Nintendo would own the rights to the SMRPG version, so it doesn't really confirm anything outside of the devs throwing a nod our way.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
According to the thread, a transition in the song is from SMRPG, not the intro. That said...

Since the SMRPG version is a remix of SMB3 version, I'd imagine Nintendo would own the rights to the SMRPG version, so it doesn't really confirm anything outside of the devs throwing a nod our way.
There was two Golden Sun tracks in the Smash For without nothing else, right? It's certainly possible. Though with this and Geno icon, I wonder how much SMRPG content there will be in the game.

Graizen

Smash Champion
This is the thirdy time that japanese minecraft twitter page posted something about Smash and got retweeted by the Smash oficial japanese twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom