• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I hope I can see more neat spirits haha.
I'm really happy seeing some of the characters I wanted in the game, in the game. Even if it's as a png that possesses another character. Haha

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's a good song, it's just hard to take it seriously with all the "dahs"
Eh, you can like a goofy song unironically.

I hope I can see more neat spirits haha.
I'm really happy seeing some of the characters I wanted in the game, in the game. Even if it's as a png that possesses another character. Haha
Same, even though I have to keep Dixie in her base form.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Same, even though I have to keep Dixie in her base form.
someone showed me the Goku spirit and it made me pretty excited haha
When I first found out about spirits I was like "arrrrggggh" but then I actually took the time to learn about them and I foresee myself spending wayyyy too much of my time on it and I'm excited haha

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
We seen many Paper Mario Spirits other than Paper Mario himself?

Also is Funky still MIA? Learnt the hard way with Skull Kid that not being seen doesn't mean they won't eventually be seen, but if Funky doesn't get a spirit while many of the other Kongs do? That's at least worth a HMMM

osby

Smash Obsessed
someone showed me the Goku spirit and it made me pretty excited haha
When I first found out about spirits I was like "arrrrggggh" but then I actually took the time to learn about them and I foresee myself spending wayyyy too much of my time on it and I'm excited haha
Not gonna lie, it took me a while to get what exactly they are, but their sheer number and Spirit matches made me love the idea. I've always wanted trophies to have an effect on gameplay and I really liked Stickers in Brawl.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
We seen many Paper Mario Spirits other than Paper Mario himself?

Also is Funky still MIA? Learnt the hard way with Skull Kid that not being seen doesn't mean they won't eventually be seen, but if Funky doesn't get a spirit while many of the other Kongs do? That's at least worth a HMMM
I'd put money on the fact that we've probably not even nearly seenthe full list of Spirits, and I would also put money on there being a Funky spirit.

(Well, besides Jimmy T. I think he's a spirit, and I know he's also pretty funky)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really hope once the game is datamined, people release all the spirit images. There’s some nice artwork in there at a high-quality.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I saw Shadow Queen in there somewhere.
Awesome. Hope we get Mr L. and Dimentio haha
I would love that as a throw back to way back when I wanted them in Smash.

You're right.

Goku as a Spirit is pretty cool.
aw **** there's also a King Kai spirit?????
That's a very easy idea to Cell to me

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Awesome. Hope we get Mr L. and Dimentio haha
I would love that as a throw back to way back when I wanted them in Smash.

aw **** there's also a King Kai spirit?????
That's a very easy idea to Cell to me
I'd love Chip from Sonic Unleashed as a Spirit. Give Super Leaf to a tiny Fox and make him rush for food.

Bee Card

Smash Ace
This is the thirdy time that japanese minecraft twitter page posted something about Smash and got retweeted by the Smash oficial japanese twitter.
For me it's not a secret anymore, Steve will be in smash and no one can do anything against that.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I'd put money on the fact that we've probably not even nearly seenthe full list of Spirits, and I would also put money on there being a Funky spirit.

(Well, besides Jimmy T. I think he's a spirit, and I know he's also pretty funky)
Funky seems to be one of the view non-ultra-obscure first party characters left who hasn't been seen as a spirit yet. And his inclusion would sort of make sense as a relevancy pick. But then Elma was MIA until a few days ago and Shadow 'made sense' as a fighter until a few days ago, and look how that turned out for him. So you're probably right about Funky being a Spirit. I just wanna hear his dulcet tones tbh

I saw Shadow Queen in there somewhere.
Nice. Hope we get her music, too.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
What's this about Minecraft twitter now?

osby

Smash Obsessed
The minecraft twitter said “STEVES ****ING IN SMASH BOYS” but they deleted the tweet.
That's like a hint towards... Banjo-Kazooie being in Smash! You know how much of a troll Minecraft Twitter is, this is such a Microsoft thing to do.

D

Deleted member

That's like a hint towards... Banjo-Kazooie being in Smash! You know how much of a troll Minecraft Twitter is, this is such a Microsoft thing to do.
Turns out the Xbox One was just a really long joke all along.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
They posted something, and the Japanese Smash twitter retweeted it...
It's not THE Minecraft page though. And it was retweeted cause those people are gonna be at Nintendo Live Kyoto in a few days to do a Smash and Splatoon event for their show.

I'm not super familiar with who they are but I've definitely seen them before (in little scenes leading up to Nintendo Japanese streams, etc).

EDIT: Ah yeah that's where I've seen them recently, they were at Nintendo Live Tokyo earlier this month.

Anyone posted this yet?
you're like the 40th first person to post this

it's a joke don't take me seriously

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom