• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Yoshi's feet in that pic Zinith posted are actually pretty adorable and fit with the art style. Stop reacting in faux horror.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Which Persona 5 track do you wish it was made into a Smash Bros. styled remix?

Is it a medley, or a singular track?

I kind of want to have some sort of medley of the music tracks from the conversation scenes, and the overworld

D

Deleted member

Dream DLC lineup
  1. Crono(CT is my favorite game of all time so any CT content is good content)
  2. Wonder-Red(great character from an underrated gem that deserves more love)
  3. Hector(favorite Lord from the series and would provide an unique fightying style)
  4. Protector(EO is my current favorite series and I love the Protector's design and tanks as a whole, a shield-based fighter would be super fun)
  5. Shovel Knight(favorite AT, guy deserves all the love he can get and it would also shut up the Smash fanbase with their fan rules)
Anyway, if we somehow get a Tekken character that ISN'T a Mishima, it's gotta be Yoshimitsu. Dude's been in every Tekken and almost every Soul Calibur. If he only gets one design, I'd pick Tekken 3's version, since it's the most popular. But it'd be great if they pulled a Bowser Jr., with each alt being a different model. Since almost every game he has a totally different look.

View attachment 178810
Dude's stancing so hard he's shaking the ground wtf

D

Deleted member

.. It was a rhetorical invitation. Like a rhetorical question. I'm sure some horrible stuff of ROB exists, but franky I don't wanna know.
I was just making sure. Wouldn’t want to leave a guy hanging.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Perhaps we should change the subject... (is late)

So, what Spirit fight do you guys think will actually be kind of fun?
Pit with that "speed boost" he's supposed to be getting from that Bayo enemy that's his spirit... if I understood right?

It reminds me that I wanna know if there's multiple evil clones of a single character in WoL, or if there isn't, can it change what spirit the character gets each time you play?

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
All of them.
Except Gordo.
If they do one for Trace from Metroid, he'd also be a huge pain to fight.

- Invisible
- Has that new Sniper weapon that acts like the Imperialist
- On the Ice Climber stage since you first fight him on an Ice Planet.
- They probably have someone else to act as Noxus who get's up in your face.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I was just making sure. Wouldn’t want to leave a guy hanging.
Thank you for your public service: I can rest easy tonight

Anyways, bringing back things into the realm of sanity, my top 5 dlc picks are:
- Paper Mario
- Rayman
- Master Hand
- Professor Layton
- I can't really think of anyone else, as anyone else I want is an Assist so is 99.9999% out the running (big F to Skull Kid and Midna)

Assuming for now that spirits aren't hard deconfirms, otherwise it's basically just Master Hand and Layton in the running (and maybe Funky; he'd be cool and is supposedly MIA)

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The topic of feet reminded me of when someone posted that Tweet of Etika wanting to slurp Zelda's toes
Annnnnd the new Zelda design is now ruined for me.

Dumping her off my mains list.

Forever.

Foulds

Smash Cadet
Thank you for your public service: I can rest easy tonight

Anyways, bringing back things into the realm of sanity, my top 5 dlc picks are:
- Paper Mario
- Rayman
- Master Hand
- Professor Layton
- I can't really think of anyone else, as anyone else I want is an Assist so is 99.9999% out the running (big F to Skull Kid and Midna)

Assuming for now that spirits aren't hard deconfirms, otherwise it's basically just Master Hand and Layton in the running (and maybe Funky; he'd be cool and is supposedly MIA)
"realm of sanity" "master hand dlc"

those two things do not go hand in hand.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If they do one for Trace from Metroid, he'd also be a huge pain to fight.

- Invisible
- Has that new Sniper weapon that acts like the Imperialist
- On the Ice Climber stage since you first fight him on an Ice Planet.
- They probably have someone else to act as Noxus who get's up in your face.
There's a guy called Trace? Is this some Mandela stuff or am I behind in the lore?

D

Deleted member

This is what that link sends you to.

It is a sexual assault to a wonderful meme, ruined by normies.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Anyway, if we somehow get a Tekken character that ISN'T a Mishima, it's gotta be Yoshimitsu. Dude's been in every Tekken and almost every Soul Calibur. If he only gets one design, I'd pick Tekken 3's version, since it's the most popular. But it'd be great if they pulled a Bowser Jr., with each alt being a different model. Since almost every game he has a totally different look.

View attachment 178810
His Tekken 3 design is nice, but if he does get in I hope he has a SC6 alt. I love that design, really unique and cool-looking.

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
I know this has probably done plenty of times before, but I’d wanna know what would be y’alls dream DLC? Explain why you like the character and want them too if you feel like it! I’ve gotten too deep on the pessimistic side of how it’ll turn out and I thought of what characters I think would be the perfect DLC if it were catered to me specifically. I also want to see if anyone shares a dream character with me.

(Goomba would’ve been on here before, but I’ve been perfectly satisfied with Piranha Plant)
My 5 picks:
1) Starfy: I have a very nostalgic connection to The Legendary Starfy, I’ve been in love with the underrated character ever since I played the game almost a decade ago. He’s such a cute little starfish, and I crave the day a game is made where he and Kirby work together or fight one another.

2) Geno: It’s not even that I personally love him or want him in, but that so many others have been asking for him for so long that I’d love to see people finally get this character in the game. Fits in right alongside Ridley and K Rool!

3) Skull Kid: Mostly I just want another Zelda Rep, I love The Legend of Zelda and I think getting another fighter other than a triforce wielder would be really cool, and since Majoras Mask is tied for my favorite Zelda with BOTW, Skull Kid is easily one of my top picks

4) Master Chief: During the Wii Era, I switched to the 360 and found a love in the original Halo trilogy, so even though Master Chief has a slim to nothing chance of making it in, he’d be on the same kind of surprise level to me as Cloud, and I’d love that.

5) Commander Shepherd: I love Mass Effect, it’s given me a lot of inspiration for my own sci-fi stories and Commander Shepherd is the best bad *** in the cosmos. Having him in smash would be a dream come true for me, and he has Mass Effect 3 on the Wii U so it IS somewhat feasible.
1. Crash: Honestly, I think he’s the biggest Smash-like character who isn’t in the game yet. Would be cool to be able to put him against Mario and Sonic to complete such a long console war. If they just add Crash to this roster, I’d be pretty set.

2. Banjo: I think Banjo makes so much sense for Smash as well but is more niche than Crash IMO.

The remaining three I would never ask for or be upset about if they never got in, but I’d love it for personal reasons.

3. Agumon: I’m surprised there’s actually some traction for this. As someone who grew up loving Digimon and Pokemon, this would be awesome.

4. Spyro: Not many characters in the game that walk on four feet. Great look, especially on the latest remaster.

5. Captain Toad: I want to see Sakurai get creative with rope to make it so he can jump.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Perhaps we should change the subject... (is late)

Pit with that "speed boost" he's supposed to be getting from that Bayo enemy that's his spirit... if I understood right?

It reminds me that I wanna know if there's multiple evil clones of a single character in WoL, or if there isn't, can it change what spirit the character gets each time you play?
The spirits are the same each time, but yes, fighters can be puppets any number of times until they’re rescued. Zelda is possessed by both Charlotte Aulin and Yuri Kozukata, for example. So there are probably hundreds of battles in total.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The moment Cooking Mama is confirmed I will flex on you all with the might of 1,000,000 Anikis.
i dont even know if she could get a moveset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom