• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It's suppose to sound wrong in context.

I don't mean pictures of Yoshi's feet, I mean pictures of Yoshi's feet.
New topic new topic new topic new topic!

What's your favorite color guys? Mine's not feet.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I don't think I've ever been this confused by something and I was just reading a conversation about yoshi feet.

I only started posting here 15 minutes ago or so and I'm already regretting my life choices.
Hi...

....Not exactly the best conversation to jump into (especially in regards to my boi), but enjoy your stay :yoshi:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Really? Where? I'm curious... Can you send me a link?

Still looks better than Kirby without his feet... remember that trend? *Shiver*
It was indirectly but here it goes. https://www.sourcegaming.info/2016/01/21/sakuraixnomuraparttwo/

Sakurai: Yes (laughs). If you pull up a list of game designers born in 1970, there’s quite a few big names: Hideki Kamiya (Bayonetta), Fumito Ueda (ICO), Yoko Taro (NieR series), Jin Fujisawa and Yosuke Saito (Dragon Quest X), Chiyomaru Shikura (Steins;Gate), and the late Kenji Eno (D and others). Internationally, you have John Carmack, the father of FPS’s, as well. As a generation, a lot of us were directly impacted by the dawn of the PC and the home gaming console. For me personally, it was the year 1986, when games like The Legend of Zelda and Castlevania were released, and I experienced physically interactive games. They had a big impact on me. What about you, Mr. Nomura?

LetterO

Smash Lord
I know this has probably done plenty of times before, but I’d wanna know what would be y’alls dream DLC? Explain why you like the character and want them too if you feel like it! I’ve gotten too deep on the pessimistic side of how it’ll turn out and I thought of what characters I think would be the perfect DLC if it were catered to me specifically. I also want to see if anyone shares a dream character with me.
Neku, Doomguy, Phoenix Wright, Tibby, and 9-Volt.

All of these share the same reason. I either love the character, love the game/franchise they come from, or both.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
I know this has probably done plenty of times before, but I’d wanna know what would be y’alls dream DLC? Explain why you like the character and want them too if you feel like it! I’ve gotten too deep on the pessimistic side of how it’ll turn out and I thought of what characters I think would be the perfect DLC if it were catered to me specifically. I also want to see if anyone shares a dream character with me.

(Goomba would’ve been on here before, but I’ve been perfectly satisfied with Piranha Plant)
My 5 picks:
1) Starfy: I have a very nostalgic connection to The Legendary Starfy, I’ve been in love with the underrated character ever since I played the game almost a decade ago. He’s such a cute little starfish, and I crave the day a game is made where he and Kirby work together or fight one another.

2) Geno: It’s not even that I personally love him or want him in, but that so many others have been asking for him for so long that I’d love to see people finally get this character in the game. Fits in right alongside Ridley and K Rool!

3) Skull Kid: Mostly I just want another Zelda Rep, I love The Legend of Zelda and I think getting another fighter other than a triforce wielder would be really cool, and since Majoras Mask is tied for my favorite Zelda with BOTW, Skull Kid is easily one of my top picks

4) Master Chief: During the Wii Era, I switched to the 360 and found a love in the original Halo trilogy, so even though Master Chief has a slim to nothing chance of making it in, he’d be on the same kind of surprise level to me as Cloud, and I’d love that.

5) Commander Shepherd: I love Mass Effect, it’s given me a lot of inspiration for my own sci-fi stories and Commander Shepherd is the best bad *** in the cosmos. Having him in smash would be a dream come true for me, and he has Mass Effect 3 on the Wii U so it IS somewhat feasible.
Aight let's get this in.

1. Phoenix Wright - He literally already has a moveset and his games have been published almost exclusively on Nintendo handhelds. Of course that's changing, but he's just as much of an icon as Simon Belmont in my eyes. While the AA series itself is rather niche, nearly everyone knows that memetic "OBJECTION" sound effect and speech bubble, so recognition is there.

2. Dante - While not really associated with Nintendo, he's appeared in Project X Zone, so that should count for something. Also you can say DMC isn't recognizable all you want, but that's even less true than it is for Ace Attorney.

3. Reimu - I could put Quote from Cave Story here, but I'm going with who I want, not who I expect. Also let's be honest here: Reimu has more of a chance than either Shovel Knight or Shantae simply due to the fact she's a Japanese character, and there's no western characters in Smash. At least, not yet. Plus, Touhou actually does have games on the Switch, so it's not even that farfetched.

4. Wonder Red - The Wonderful 101 was ****ing robbed. One of my favorite games of all time, honestly, yet it sold literally nothing because Nintendo barely marketed it. Hopefully when it gets ported to the Switch it'll sell more, and perhaps it'll even get a sequel.

5. Doomguy - If Bethesda HAS to have a rep in Smash, it's gotta be Doomguy. Doomguy's weapons are less realistic in Quake Champions, so Sakurai could just use those. Also, not only was the Switch port of NuDoom heavily promoted, but Doom has a game exclusive to Nintendo consoles: Doom 64.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Aight let's get this in.

1. Phoenix Wright - He literally already has a moveset and his games have been published almost exclusively on Nintendo handhelds. Of course that's changing, but he's just as much of an icon as Simon Belmont in my eyes. While the AA series itself is rather niche, nearly everyone knows that memetic "OBJECTION" sound effect and speech bubble, so recognition is there.

2. Dante - While not really associated with Nintendo, he's appeared in Project X Zone, so that should count for something. Also you can say DMC isn't recognizable all you want, but that's even less true than it is for Ace Attorney.

3. Reimu - I could put Quote from Cave Story here, but I'm going with who I want, not who I expect. Also let's be honest here: Reimu has more of a chance than either Shovel Knight or Shantae simply due to the fact she's a Japanese character, and there's no western characters in Smash. At least, not yet. Plus, Touhou actually does have games on the Switch, so it's not even that farfetched.

4. Wonder Red - The Wonderful 101 was ****ing robbed. One of my favorite games of all time, honestly, yet it sold literally nothing because Nintendo barely marketed it. Hopefully when it gets ported to the Switch it'll sell more, and perhaps it'll even get a sequel.

5. Doomguy - If Bethesda HAS to have a rep in Smash, it's gotta be Doomguy. Doomguy's weapons are less realistic in Quake Champions, so Sakurai could just use those. Also, not only was the Switch port of NuDoom heavily promoted, but Doom has a game exclusive to Nintendo consoles: Doom 64.
Another great list of choices tbh, especially #2 and #3. Phoenix Wright would be a lot of fun though, if we get another Capcom rep at all that is.

Ay, FINALLY, a man of culture.
Bonus points for 2hu
Well I have stated my support in the past, have I not? ;D

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Hey, it’s better than the time we discussed which smash characters were virgins and which ones weren’t.
I vehemently disagree.

One conversation is about the sex lives of fictional characters and how we project our own insecurities and assumptions about people onto them.

The other is about feet.

D

Deleted member

I vehemently disagree.

One conversation is about the sex lives of fictional characters and how we project our own insecurities and assumptions about people onto them.

The other is about feet.
Listen man I’m just trying to make the best out of this discussion.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord

(Goomba would’ve been on here before, but I’ve been perfectly satisfied with Piranha Plant)
My 5 picks:
1) Starfy: I have a very nostalgic connection to The Legendary Starfy, I’ve been in love with the underrated character ever since I played the game almost a decade ago. He’s such a cute little starfish, and I crave the day a game is made where he and Kirby work together or fight one another.

2) Geno: It’s not even that I personally love him or want him in, but that so many others have been asking for him for so long that I’d love to see people finally get this character in the game. Fits in right alongside Ridley and K Rool!

3) Skull Kid: Mostly I just want another Zelda Rep, I love The Legend of Zelda and I think getting another fighter other than a triforce wielder would be really cool, and since Majoras Mask is tied for my favorite Zelda with BOTW, Skull Kid is easily one of my top picks

4) Master Chief: During the Wii Era, I switched to the 360 and found a love in the original Halo trilogy, so even though Master Chief has a slim to nothing chance of making it in, he’d be on the same kind of surprise level to me as Cloud, and I’d love that.

5) Commander Shepherd: I love Mass Effect, it’s given me a lot of inspiration for my own sci-fi stories and Commander Shepherd is the best bad *** in the cosmos. Having him in smash would be a dream come true for me, and he has Mass Effect 3 on the Wii U so it IS somewhat feasible.
1) Sakura/FE Soldier: Both FE reps that I find interesting because one: I like playable mooks a lot, and two: I find them both to be interesting characters in terms of being unique in comparison to other FE chracters, not to mention Sakura having the possible archer summons, and support based ranged playstyle.

2) Junko Enoshima/Monika (DDLC): Never played the games but the potential they can have within their moveset as potential status-debuff based characters is awesome to think about.

3) The Rabbids (From Go Home): I really like Rabbids Go Home, as well as the way you in how the cart works within the levels, as well as how the mechanics work overall. It felt like a collection of finding every object in every corner so you can get higher and higher (Not to mention a Junk Tower stage being great as well).

4) The Professor (Toukiden 2): From what I played in the Free-Alliences version, I fell in love with the rifle weapons. Those ones have really good mechanics such as: Reloading at any time w/ different types of ammo depending of what gun you have, organized your ammunition to what goes first, the ammo variations themselves being quite different from one another, and that their reload animation is really cool. Not to mention the green hand mechanic being also cool, and taking advantage of items.

5) Carmelita Fox: I only really wanted her in just for the projectile based rushdown playstyle that will suit me.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Spirits do NOT deconfirm characters. There are HUNDREDS of spirits. If a character being a spirit deconfirmed them, then the only viable options for DLC would be five third-parties minus Rayman, and I just can't see that happening. "What about promotional characters like Edelgard or a Gen 8 Pokemon?" If Rex was deemed too recent to be included as a DLC character, then I can't see how those other characters would have a chance.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm worried that the mention of "fat juicy Dino toe nails" is giving you flashbacks in the first place.
I mean, do you want me to recount all the horrible foot-fetish art I’ve seen over the years?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

My 5 picks:

1. Geno. That's it chief. If I get Geno I will never ask for anything in Smash ever again. I loved SMRPG as a kid and rediscovered my love for Geno recently. He just means a lot to me. I want to believe.

2. Paper Mario. Paper Mario still has a series to go back to; Geno doesn't. Don't mind as much if PM isn't in, but he's one of the 2 characters where, if he got in, I'd ask for like nothing ever again lol.

3. Bandana Dee. Feel so bad for this little guy. Could have a brilliant moveset, love the design, love the character, love me some Kirby.

4. Dragonborn. Bethesda and Nintendo already have a very strong relationship, Skyrim's one of the most influential games ever made, plus it has a lot of personal connection for me.

5. Steve. I love this dude. This weird block man. He's the best. MC was my LIFE as a kid and I want to see it immortalized in what will probably be my favorite game ever made.

...AND NUMBER 6 BABY

6. KATALINA!!!! KATALINA LADIES AND GENTLEMEN **** Y'ALL

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anyway, if we somehow get a Tekken character that ISN'T a Mishima, it's gotta be Yoshimitsu. Dude's been in every Tekken and almost every Soul Calibur. If he only gets one design, I'd pick Tekken 3's version, since it's the most popular. But it'd be great if they pulled a Bowser Jr., with each alt being a different model. Since almost every game he has a totally different look.

yoshimitsu-tekkentag1-hd-gif.gif

Pyr

Smash Lord

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Go ahead and try lewd ROB's nonexistent feet, ya ****ing deviants

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
New topic new topic new topic new topic!

What's your favorite color guys? Mine's not feet.
Yellow is great. Very pretty color. It's why Giorno is my favorite JoJo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom