• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

This is objectively the best five-character DLC roster Smash could get.

And you all know it.
Ew, RE5 Jill.
FGC: "A balanced fighter would be boring because everyone would play like Mario/Ryu."

Also FGC: "Only 5-10 characters are viable in this game, LOL [proceeds to pretend the other roster doesn't exist]"

That's what I hate about a part of the FGC. When it comes to what character is seen in a tournament, the reactions from both casuals and competitive players fall under the selection process. They make such a conundrum about how effective a character is despite pushing for an intentionally-jank roster so that no one "plays like Mario/Ryu". As a result, we get the Flavor of the Month SSS-Tier who [gasp!] is un-fun to watch! Golly gee gum in my rum-tum! Who saw that coming!?

And that is my hot take.

P.S. I prefer busted characters that aren't annoying and stupid like Diddy Kong. Bayonetta, Snake, Rosalina, etc. are at least entertaining enough characters.
There's a reason I don't play Smash comptetively.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Is there any character in Smash that you (Or the fans in general) genuinely don't like that they're in as of now? I can't think of any.

Edit: And no, overreactions from announcements don't count.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Deserving as a topic of opinion’s completely fine. The issue arises when people push it like it’s an objective fact.
imsoshocked.png

Oww... I felt that.
ok but why did you type it out like a youtube essay
A youtube essay? Do youtube essays include hyperlinks? No? Didn't think so~

Checkmate, youtubists!
Why are there so many Tvtropes links? I’m trying to think of a reason for it but I can’t.
I am a big, stupid doo-doo head and I occasionally pepper responses with unnecessary citations here and there. For no reason other than I can.

:D

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
A youtube essay? Do youtube essays include hyperlinks? No? Didn't think so~
It's written like those hyperlinks would have its content pop up visually at those specific times like it was a youtube essay.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I know this has probably done plenty of times before, but I’d wanna know what would be y’alls dream DLC? Explain why you like the character and want them too if you feel like it! I’ve gotten too deep on the pessimistic side of how it’ll turn out and I thought of what characters I think would be the perfect DLC if it were catered to me specifically. I also want to see if anyone shares a dream character with me.

(Goomba would’ve been on here before, but I’ve been perfectly satisfied with Piranha Plant)
My 5 picks:
1) Starfy: I have a very nostalgic connection to The Legendary Starfy, I’ve been in love with the underrated character ever since I played the game almost a decade ago. He’s such a cute little starfish, and I crave the day a game is made where he and Kirby work together or fight one another.

2) Geno: It’s not even that I personally love him or want him in, but that so many others have been asking for him for so long that I’d love to see people finally get this character in the game. Fits in right alongside Ridley and K Rool!

3) Skull Kid: Mostly I just want another Zelda Rep, I love The Legend of Zelda and I think getting another fighter other than a triforce wielder would be really cool, and since Majoras Mask is tied for my favorite Zelda with BOTW, Skull Kid is easily one of my top picks

4) Master Chief: During the Wii Era, I switched to the 360 and found a love in the original Halo trilogy, so even though Master Chief has a slim to nothing chance of making it in, he’d be on the same kind of surprise level to me as Cloud, and I’d love that.

5) Commander Shepherd: I love Mass Effect, it’s given me a lot of inspiration for my own sci-fi stories and Commander Shepherd is the best bad *** in the cosmos. Having him in smash would be a dream come true for me, and he has Mass Effect 3 on the Wii U so it IS somewhat feasible.
1) Tap Trial Girl: I love rhythm games... There's just something satisfying about getting a note just right... In my opinion, the best rhythm game series is Rhythm Heaven. It's just chock-full of charm and fun. And imo, the best way to represent it in Smash, is with the Tap Trial Girl. She's been with the series since day 1, and she's kind of a blank slate, so it would'nt feel too out of place for her to use some items throughout the series. While Tap Trial Girl is my first choice for Rhythm Heaven representation, I'd be fine with almost anyone...

2) Steve: Not gonna lie, I already have some nostalgia for Minecraft. The game hasn't even been around for ten years, and I'm already looking back on some fond memories of my 13 year old self just placing blocks everywhere and fooling around with the mobs. I don't play it much nowadays, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't have a huge impact on me as a gamer. So unlike most people, I'll gladly welcome Steve into Smash with open arms. Besides, he'd likely bring a unique move set with him, as well as a pretty fun stage. And in my opinion, Steve is one of the last remaining gaming all-stars yet to be in Smash. Hopefully, this will change.

3) Crash Bandicoot: I never played a Crash Bandicoot game in my life... But that isn't stopping me from wanting Crash in Smash. We already have both Mario and Sonic in, so why not have Crash to round out the 90's console wars? I think it's also worth noting that unlike most western gaming franchies, Crash Bandicoot is pretty big in Japan, with the N. Sane Trilogy selling very well over there. So I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai had him on his mind

4) Elma: I haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles X, but from what I've seen, Elma would be such a fun character. Weilding both dual guns and dual swords, Elma would bring a lot of uniqueness to the battle. Besides, she's got a pretty obvious Final Smash with her Skell. What's not to love?

5) Katalina: So apparently, she isn't happening after all, but I don't care. She's got a great design, and she'd just be so fun to use... I want Katalina, and you should too...

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
If there any character in Smash that you (Or the fans in general) genuinely don't like that they're in as of now? I can't think of any.

Generally speaking only Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Corrin I suppose. They get the most flack, anyway.

Surprisingly Young Link and Pichu seem to be welcome back with open arms nowadays. I'll take it for the latter.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I at least hope the concept for getting echos is simple enough.

Want Daisy? Peach's classic mode.
Want Richter? Simon's.

Etc, etc.
Want emancipation?
And guess which two series are gigantic debate magnets anywhere you go in regards to Smash.
I don’t recall the Pokémon series being a huge debate topic in Smash aside from Incineroar.

I suppose Greninja too, but that all died down after Mewtwo was announced to be returning.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
1) Tap Trial Girl: I love rhythm games... There's just something satisfying about getting a note just right... In my opinion, the best rhythm game series is Rhythm Heaven. It's just chock-full of charm and fun. And imo, the best way to represent it in Smash, is with the Tap Trial Girl. She's been with the series since day 1, and she's kind of a blank slate, so it would'nt feel too out of place for her to use some items throughout the series. While Tap Trial Girl is my first choice for Rhythm Heaven representation, I'd be fine with almost anyone...

2) Steve: Not gonna lie, I already have some nostalgia for Minecraft. The game hasn't even been around for ten years, and I'm already looking back on some fond memories of my 13 year old self just placing blocks everywhere and fooling around with the mobs. I don't play it much nowadays, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't have a huge impact on me as a gamer. So unlike most people, I'll gladly welcome Steve into Smash with open arms. Besides, he'd likely bring a unique move set with him, as well as a pretty fun stage. And in my opinion, Steve is one of the last remaining gaming all-stars yet to be in Smash. Hopefully, this will change.

3) Crash Bandicoot: I never played a Crash Bandicoot game in my life... But that isn't stopping me from wanting Crash in Smash. We already have both Mario and Sonic in, so why not have Crash to round out the 90's console wars? I think it's also worth noting that unlike most western gaming franchies, Crash Bandicoot is pretty big in Japan, with the N. Sane Trilogy selling very well over there. So I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai had him on his mind

4) Elma: I haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles X, but from what I've seen, Elma would be such a fun character. Weilding both dual guns and dual swords, Elma would bring a lot of uniqueness to the battle. Besides, she's got a pretty obvious Final Smash with her Skell. What's not to love?

5) Katalina: So apparently, she isn't happening after all, but I don't care. She's got a great design, and she'd just be so fun to use... I want Katalina, and you should too...
Ramen you understand me chief

D

Deleted member

And guess which two series are gigantic debate magnets anywhere you go in regards to Smash.
? Pokemon was center of huge debate at certain points? I thought it was just Incineroar that cause all of the debate.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Is there any character in Smash that you (Or the fans in general) genuinely don't like that they're in as of now? I can't think of any.

Corrin and incineroar are the ones I’m the least impressed by I guess. Also I was completely indifferent to Isabelle.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I did too. Just some of my older posts were really, really cringey. Here's some examples , and these aren't even as bad as it gets.

>midevil

I should ****ing nerf your favorite character

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Corrine and incineroar are the ones I’m the least impressed by I guess. Also I was completely indifferent to Isabelle.
I still maintain that Corrin is the worst character to ever be added to Smash. Not even actual Fire Emblem fans were hyped because the game wasn't out yet in America, and then it did come out and the localization was ****.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I did too. Just some of my older posts were really, really cringey. Here's some examples , and these aren't even as bad as it gets.

Didn't say this before but that last one is some mega ironic ****post tier quality.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
:ultdarkpit:

Even as an echo, I just... He's just... I mean... It's just Pit if he walked out of a Hot Topic.

I dislike him less now that "echoes" are a thing, but I still very much dislike him. Nothing against Dark Pit fans, happy you guys got him, but. I mean. C'mon. They didn't even bother removing Pit's Dark Pit costume. And Dark Pit has a Pit costume, jfc.

Bee Card

Smash Ace
I'm sorry but you're all wrong with your smash dlcs predictions, I will show you the light, the truth with this official and beyond reproach predicitons :

1 - Bomb Chicken from Bomb Chicken

2 - Pak E. Derm from Yoshi's Story

3 - Sukiya Podes from Puyo Puyo series

4 - Wurmple from Pokémon series

5 - Sandbag from Smash

I'm sorry for those who don't wanted to be leaked.

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I know this has probably done plenty of times before, but I’d wanna know what would be y’alls dream DLC? Explain why you like the character and want them too if you feel like it! I’ve gotten too deep on the pessimistic side of how it’ll turn out and I thought of what characters I think would be the perfect DLC if it were catered to me specifically. I also want to see if anyone shares a dream character with me.

(Goomba would’ve been on here before, but I’ve been perfectly satisfied with Piranha Plant)
My 5 picks:
1) Starfy: I have a very nostalgic connection to The Legendary Starfy, I’ve been in love with the underrated character ever since I played the game almost a decade ago. He’s such a cute little starfish, and I crave the day a game is made where he and Kirby work together or fight one another.

2) Geno: It’s not even that I personally love him or want him in, but that so many others have been asking for him for so long that I’d love to see people finally get this character in the game. Fits in right alongside Ridley and K Rool!

3) Skull Kid: Mostly I just want another Zelda Rep, I love The Legend of Zelda and I think getting another fighter other than a triforce wielder would be really cool, and since Majoras Mask is tied for my favorite Zelda with BOTW, Skull Kid is easily one of my top picks

4) Master Chief: During the Wii Era, I switched to the 360 and found a love in the original Halo trilogy, so even though Master Chief has a slim to nothing chance of making it in, he’d be on the same kind of surprise level to me as Cloud, and I’d love that.

5) Commander Shepherd: I love Mass Effect, it’s given me a lot of inspiration for my own sci-fi stories and Commander Shepherd is the best bad *** in the cosmos. Having him in smash would be a dream come true for me, and he has Mass Effect 3 on the Wii U so it IS somewhat feasible.
I'm a little Late to this party but I guess i can spill whats on my mind as of this Current Second.

I'll even go one better restrict myself to what we know so far

1) Sora: Sorry Graizen and Sorry Geno fans but I am of the firm belief that Sora might be our Square Rep, and makes a ton of sense being he probably is the most hyped Square character after Cloud Strife himself. I have been replaying Kingdom Hearts as of a few days ago (along with Mario RPG, gotta secure my bets and all) and he just feels Made for Smash if you know what i mean.. Also made for Dissidia but thats another story.

2) Lloyd Irving: Never touched a Tales game before, but whoever it was who made that Lloyd for Smash DLC video, well he sold me on it. Also it would be a much better choice than Heihachi in my opnion.. Mostly because of my personal distaste for the old fart, but partly because it would be really difficult to give a Tekken Character the Ryu Treatment as Tekkens Combat is based on 4 buttons correspndng to each of the limbs on the fighter and is heavily focused on long combos and juggles at least in the metagame.

3) Doom Guy: Is the Godfather of the FPS genre, Rips demons apart with his bare hands, too angry to die, better than the Chief. Next.

4) Elma: Personally I am of the (albiet probably Desperate) belief that Hitagi just never played Xenoblade Chronicles X and doesnt know who she is. Afterall the only other character who fits the bill of First Party Sword not Zelda FE or Xenoblade is Heracles. And who the heck wants him?

5) Ryu Hayabusa: Last of the NES All Star Team, though this is a long shot...

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
? Pokemon was center of huge debate at certain points? I thought it was just Incineroar that cause all of the debate.
I've just seen a lot more arguing and ambivalence over Pokemon representation in Smash in general; may not have been as much here.

I still maintain that Corrin is the worst character to ever be added to Smash. Not even actual Fire Emblem fans were hyped because the game wasn't out yet in America, and then it did come out and the localization was ****.
No worse than Awakening's; Radiant Dawn by far takes the cake, for screwing up the difficulty names and cutting the Hard Mode extended script that fleshed out the antagonists more.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
:ultdarkpit:

Even as an echo, I just... He's just... I mean... It's just Pit if he walked out of a Hot Topic.

I dislike him less now that "echoes" are a thing, but I still very much dislike him. Nothing against Dark Pit fans, happy you guys got him, but. I mean. C'mon. They didn't even bother removing Pit's Dark Pit costume. And Dark Pit has a Pit costume, jfc.
This. And I honestly can't imagine there are that many actual fans of Dark Pit.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

I feel bad given your PFP, but I still don't like Corrin.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Before Incineroar there seemed to be pockets of people who would argue pokemon would not or should not get any new reps at all. Some of the bigger arguments being "they already got so many why they need more?(while counting PT as three slots)" and "just because they always got a new rep before doesn't mean they will now".

D

Deleted member

Hmm, well, I don't like :ultrobin:or:ultcorrin:.:ultroy:and:ultchrom: kinda sucks too.

Foulds

Smash Cadet
What are your moments you post during the first years on the internet that you regret/cringe about?

I remember making a post in the Angry Joe fourms, ranting about some crossover game on the ps3 because "IT HAD A COUNTDOWN" and how disappointing it is. Felt like now that I ranted to a game I didn't even play because I wanted to.
I said some pretty cringe worthy things on friendcodes.com back in the day. I probably get a pass because I was a kid though.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

play this and then come back to me with that bull
I tried. Hated the controls, returned it for something else.

To be clear, I understand Pit is an entirely different person and he has genuine fans. But aesthetically, it's like making Dark Link his own character. Even Shadow has more to distinguish himself from Sonic, and he's just Dark Sonic. But he's an AT. (Not that I wanted Shadow, just the closest example I could think of.)

D

Deleted member

Before Incineroar there seemed to be pockets of people who would argue pokemon would not or should not get any new reps at all. Some of the bigger arguments being "they already got so many why they need more?(while counting PT as three slots)" and "just because they always got a new rep before doesn't mean they will now".
Ah. See, I wasn't here when that happened.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
here's my dlc predictions

1. :4miisword::bubblebobble: Bub with a sword

Day 1 prediction for me. We're getting a swordfighter and Bubble Bobble is owned by square. Everything lines up

2. :GCRT::bubblebobble: Bub with a GameCube R Button

Obvious choice for most of you I'm sure. Wanted him in since 64

3.:EvilBub: Evil Bub

Clearly Going to need a villain for the bubble bobble series, and this guy is the best villain in entertainment history, being trailed only by Heath Ledger's Joker.

4.:bubblebobble:Bub with depression

He doesn't get out of bed.

5.:bubblebobble::bubblebobble: Bub climbers

Do I even have to explain this?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To be clear, I understand Pit is an entirely different person and he has genuine fans. But aesthetically, it's like making Dark Link his own character. Even Shadow has more to distinguish himself from Sonic, and he's just Dark Sonic. But he's an AT. (Not that I wanted Shadow, just the closest example I could think of.)
I had an idea for and Uprising sequal. But it'd be drastically different from Uprising. Hell, you wouldn't even play as Pit.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
here's my dlc predictions

1. :4miisword::bubblebobble: Bub with a sword

Day 1 prediction for me. We're getting a swordfighter and Bubble Bobble is owned by square. Everything lines up

2. :GCRT::bubblebobble: Bub with a GameCube R Button

Obvious choice for most of you I'm sure. Wanted him in since 64

3.:EvilBub: Evil Bub

Clearly Going to need a villain for the bubble bobble series, and this guy is the best villain in entertainment history, being trailed only by Heath Ledger's Joker.

4.:bubblebobble:Bub with depression

He doesn't get out of bed.

5.:bubblebobble::bubblebobble: Bub climbers

Do I even have to explain this?
Nah, Bub can't get in before Tentacool does. :072:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord

I guess, I'm pretty good with my fingers on controllers, because the controls in Uprising don't really frustrate me at all. Guess that's part of a minority. :)

Noipoi

Howdy!
The character I hate the most is :ultyoshi:. I hate his disgusting face, his revolting green color, his stupid-Nah i'm just kidding.

I don't really hate anyone on the roster. :ultken: and :ultsimon: are kinda boring to me, but I don't hate them. I'm too full of joy to hate anyone!

Bee Card

Smash Ace
I'm sorry but you're all wrong with your smash dlcs predictions, I will show you the light, the truth with this official and beyond reproach predicitons :

1 - Bomb Chicken from Bomb Chicken

2 - Pak E. Derm from Yoshi's Story

3 - Sukiya Podes from Puyo Puyo series

4 - Wurmple from Pokémon series

5 - Sandbag from Smash

I'm sorry for those who don't wanted to be leaked.
I was joking but now I see them, if they put these characters I would be very happy lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom