• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I change my 5 dream picks
1) Starfy
2) Geno
3) Master Chief
4) Pheromosa
5) Kamek

I totally forgot about Kamek, he’s a big wish for me. And Pheromosa is like my second favorite Pokemon (first favorite is Linoone, but I can’t picture him as a fighter)

Shepherd and Skull Kid would still get me hyped though.

Last edited:

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
It's funny when people say Smash is a game that only gaming icons should be played in when we have :ultroy: literal advertisements :ultcorrin: in here.
And Pokemon, that's always a standard quota no matter where you go.
And guess which two series are gigantic debate magnets anywhere you go in regards to Smash.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
And guess which two series are gigantic debate magnets anywhere you go in regards to Smash.
Ads are ads, no matter how you put it or if they were "worthy" or not.

My only DLC hope for just ONE Yoshi character. The rest could be anyone :yoshi:
Your wish is not likely Sakurai, or for a matter of fact Nintendo's, command.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
What are your moments you post during the first years on the internet that you regret/cringe about?

I remember making a post in the Angry Joe fourms, ranting about some crossover game on the ps3 because "IT HAD A COUNTDOWN" and how disappointing it is. Felt like now that I ranted to a game I didn't even play because I wanted to.
Oh God, first years? I'm gonna date myself a bit here.

The official Sega forums, having strong arguments over which was the better theme song: "Open Your Heart" or "Live & Learn".

All while my sister was complaining she couldn't call her friend because my internet was tying up the phone line.

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
My only DLC hope for just ONE Yoshi character. The rest could be anyone :yoshi:
I got an exclusive DLC leak right here:

Kamek, Raphael the Raven, Boshi, Fly Guy, and Cloud N. Candy. Nintendo pushes the DLC to be only Yoshi to promote the new Yoshi Kart game they’re releasing, which is basically a faster high octane version of F-Zero.

D

Deleted member

By ****ting on leakers.
Let me try.
Leakers are complete attention-whores who just spoil the fun and ruin the surprise for everybody else. They just harm discussion.

(also don’t tell anybody but I have inside information on the roster shhhh)

Last edited by a moderator:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Hey, I've got an unrelated question for you all: where should I go on this site to request that the Ultimate Bowser Jr. profile stock icon get fixed? I haven't said anything about it until now, but it's been about 4 months, and I've still got this ugly glitched 64 Captain Falcon emblem stuck on my profile.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Bayo's moves aren't inherently boring. They're all flashy acrobatic gun-fu moves.
The only reason it's boring is because she's overused to hell, not through any inherent part of her design or animations
FGC: "A balanced fighter would be boring because everyone would play like Mario/Ryu."

Also FGC: "Only 5-10 characters are viable in this game, LOL [proceeds to pretend the other roster doesn't exist]"

That's what I hate about a part of the FGC. When it comes to what character is seen in a tournament, the reactions from both casuals and competitive players fall under the selection process. They make such a conundrum about how effective a character is despite pushing for an intentionally-jank roster so that no one "plays like Mario/Ryu". As a result, we get the Flavor of the Month SSS-Tier who [gasp!] is un-fun to watch! Golly gee gum in my rum-tum! Who saw that coming!?

And that is my hot take.

P.S. I prefer busted characters that aren't annoying and stupid like Diddy Kong. Bayonetta, Snake, Rosalina, etc. are at least entertaining enough characters.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Deserving as a topic of opinion’s completely fine. The issue arises when people push it like it’s an objective fact.

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
I took the plunge and bought Smash with the fighter pass digitally today. After much deliberation, you got me Sakurai. I'm too much of a completionist.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The only characters i'd argue "deserved" to be in Smash were the biggest of the big gaming icons. Pac-Man, Mega Man, Sonic, the big boys.
For everyone else this argument is null, imo.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord

Kamek, Raphael the Raven, Boshi, Fly Guy, and Cloud N. Candy. Nintendo pushes the DLC to be only Yoshi to promote the new Yoshi Kart game they’re releasing, which is basically a faster high octane version of F-Zero.
Honestly, a more Mario Kart-ish (as opposed to F-Zero-ish) racing game based around Yoshi’s abilities could be interesting. You’d be able to grab hazards off of the track and spit them out at opponents, and to drift you’d attach your tongue to the inside wall of the turn like a grappling hook.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
First we lose Shantae, and now Rayman too.
ThePYJ1.jpg

No clue on who's going to be DLC now...
The only characters i'd argue "deserved" to be in Smash were the biggest of the big gaming icons. Pac-Man, Mega Man, Sonic, the big boys.
For everyone else this argument is null, imo.
What about Doomguy and Steve?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

FGC: "A balanced fighter would be boring because everyone would play like Mario/Ryu."

Also FGC: "Only 5-10 characters are viable in this game, LOL [proceeds to pretend the other roster doesn't exist]"

That's what I hate about a part of the FGC. When it comes to what character is seen in a tournament, the reactions from both casuals and competitive players fall under the selection process. They make such a conundrum about how effective a character is despite pushing for an intentionally-jank roster so that no one "plays like Mario/Ryu". As a result, we get the Flavor of the Month SSS-Tier who [gasp!] is un-fun to watch! Golly gee gum in my rum-tum! Who saw that coming!?

And that is my hot take.

P.S. I prefer busted characters that aren't annoying and stupid like Diddy Kong. Bayonetta, Snake, Rosalina, etc. are at least entertaining enough characters.
Why are there so many Tvtropes links? I’m trying to think of a reason for it but I can’t.

Bee Card

Smash Ace

No Pak E. Derm ? Literally unplayable.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

And that is my hot take.

ok but why did you type it out like a youtube essay

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
This is objectively the best five-character DLC roster Smash could get.

And you all know it.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Deserving as a topic of opinion’s completely fine. The issue arises when people push it like it’s an objective fact.
no
the word needs to stop existing

screw it im extending it to the english language at a whole

the word doesn't deserve to exist----
wait

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Remember that 3D Yoshi game Argonaut planned to make but was retooled into Croc?

Do you know what an Argonaut employee called it in a message board?

Yoshi Racing

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Oh, you're a former Sega Forums vet too like yours truly?
Yep! Got on there to find people to play PSO with. Can't remember what the hell my username was back then. But it was on a Windows 98 computer and I had a Knuckles icon.

Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom