• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Dark Pit is actually a pretty decent character who goes through some development in Uprising. That and he has a pretty good theme.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
This. And I honestly can't imagine there are that many actual fans of Dark Pit.
Dark Pit is a fun character in the game he came from. Being a parody of the edgy dark rival and all. My biggest issue with him in Smash is how much of a wasted opportunity him being a clone is. There are so many weapon types that could have been represented with him from Uprising that could have made him super unique like claws or clubs or the like. Even just from his few fights in the game you could get a few unique weapons out of it for a moveset.
It feels like a massive waste of potential.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Then your ignorance holds no excuses.
Oh, it's absolutely a willful ignorance. Again, I'm arguing against Dark Pit as a fighter aesthetically, not as a character in his own lore. It's just Pit if he were sad when he picked his wardrobe that day.

Which makes for a fantastic costume/alternate color.

Last edited:

Foulds

Smash Cadet
here's my dlc predictions

1. :4miisword::bubblebobble: Bub with a sword

Day 1 prediction for me. We're getting a swordfighter and Bubble Bobble is owned by square. Everything lines up

2. :GCRT::bubblebobble: Bub with a GameCube R Button

Obvious choice for most of you I'm sure. Wanted him in since 64

3.:EvilBub: Evil Bub

Clearly Going to need a villain for the bubble bobble series, and this guy is the best villain in entertainment history, being trailed only by Heath Ledger's Joker.

4.:bubblebobble:Bub with depression

He doesn't get out of bed.

5.:bubblebobble::bubblebobble: Bub climbers

Do I even have to explain this?
more likely than most peoples predictions tbh

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I know this has probably done plenty of times before, but I’d wanna know what would be y’alls dream DLC? Explain why you like the character and want them too if you feel like it! I’ve gotten too deep on the pessimistic side of how it’ll turn out and I thought of what characters I think would be the perfect DLC if it were catered to me specifically. I also want to see if anyone shares a dream character with me.
Ehhh, I guess I can give it a go. I'll list my Top 5 based on who I'd like to see make it into Smash (this time in order from Most-Wanted to Least-of-Most-Wanted)
1.) KOS-MOS: I've always been drawn to machine-type fictional characters and she's one of the coolest-designed ones out there. Couple her 90's anime space opera/western look (i.e. Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Ghost in the Shell, etc.) with her stylish flare and there is something satisfyingly-nostalgic about her. It helps that I have other favorites who I eventually got acquainted with through their games, so I'm the type of person who confirms their admiration for a character once I get the chance to see what makes them so interesting.

2.) Dante: A realizable choice, an excellent character, a fan-favorite, and a rival to Bayonetta whose presence in the roster would bring the "Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry™ Series" gag in full circle. It helps that he's voiced by Reuben Langdon as well, so we would be able to hear him twice in the roster, and his campiness is so hilariously-awesome that he'd fit right in with the rest of the Smash characters. Like KOS-MOS, seeing him with the likes of Mario, Samus, Link, Sonic, Mega Man, Cloud, etc. is a dream-come-true scenario.

3. Demi-Fiend: A niche, yet popular choice from the MegaTen series who started the 3D MegaTrend and jumpstarted Dante's road to crossoverdom. He's packed with many moves to make him an interesting brawler, but with attributes of other characters that would make him feel like a more aggressive rushdown version of the Gerudo King. He also has a very cool look to him and his world being inside-out would make for an excellent stage backdrop. On top of that, Demi-Fiend is one of those characters who I admired before playing their game, which only served to amplify/confirm those feelings.

4. Arturia: A very popular character in her own right, setting aside her notoriety as a choice in the fandom. Regardless of what anyone thinks about her, she comes from a company I fell for in my high school years. Although I actually prefer Arcueid to Arturia, the latter is far more recognizable and has been part of a very successful franchise that continues to grow by the day, even outselling the likes of Pokemon GO and Granblue Fantasy in terms of mobile revenue. Success stories aside, she's just really damn cool too, like the above 3. With her, there's that dream-feeling of seeing her with other characters.

5. Reimu: Seriously, tossing dumb meme stereotypes and negativity aside, she's great. Touhou is (in)famous for its crossover culture, is loaded to the brim with characters, has a lot of deep lore within it (which is only expanded upon by a very passionate fanbase), has been around for more than two decades, is the grandmommy of all Indie icons, has an outstanding library of music, and is so ingrained in internet culture that seeing Reimu playable in Smash would be akin to bringing all the crossover culture back in full circle, ala Dante. [Inhales] She might have a low presence in the West, but are we seriously arguing for complete recognition when hardly any Burger over here knows that Link is Link and not Zelda, or knowing who Fox McCloud is at all? Seriously, if a character has a huge enough fanbase, it would only increase when newbies are given proper exposure to those characters, like Marth and Roy back in Melee. It's proof of concept; it can work!

And that's about it.
It's written like those hyperlinks would have its content pop up visually at those specific times like it was a youtube essay.
Most youtube comments I run into are bite-sized, but I will take your word for it :v

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Characters we don't like? Well, I don't like Wii Fit Trainer, Villager isn't someone I play, so I'll also probably skip Isabelle too. I don't care for Marth/Roy/Lucina. So I might not play Chrom either. Olimar's weird, but I respect the hustle.

I mostly use Mega Man and Ike as my main two. Mario, Ryu, Samus, Little Mac and Ganon I use fairly often. With a few others getting occasional uses. Hoping to add Ridley and Simon to that list. I wonder what differences will Dark Samus will have, if she's noticeably different that is. Ken looks sick.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I had an idea for and Uprising sequal. But it'd be drastically different from Uprising. Hell, you wouldn't even play as Pit.
Does it use different controls? That's kind of all I care about.

Seriously, though, Kid Icarus isn't really my jam and I know that. If I want that sort of aesthetic I've got other choices.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ehhh, I guess I can give it a go. I'll list my Top 5 based on who I'd like to see make it into Smash (this time in order from Most-Wanted to Least-of-Most-Wanted)
1.) KOS-MOS: I've always been drawn to machine-type fictional characters and she's one of the coolest-designed ones out there. Couple her 90's anime space opera/western look (i.e. Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Ghost in the Shell, etc.) with her stylish flare and there is something satisfyingly-nostalgic about her. It helps that I have other favorites who I eventually got acquainted with through their games, so I'm the type of person who confirms their admiration for a character once I get the chance to see what makes them so interesting.

2.) Dante: A realizable choice, an excellent character, a fan-favorite, and a rival to Bayonetta whose presence in the roster would bring the "Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry™ Series" gag in full circle. It helps that he's voiced by Reuben Langdon as well, so we would be able to hear him twice in the roster, and his campiness is so hilariously-awesome that he'd fit right in with the rest of the Smash characters. Like KOS-MOS, seeing him with the likes of Mario, Samus, Link, Sonic, Mega Man, Cloud, etc. is a dream-come-true scenario.

3. Demi-Fiend: A niche, yet popular choice from the MegaTen series who started the 3D MegaTrend and jumpstarted Dante's road to crossoverdom. He's packed with many moves to make him an interesting brawler, but with attributes of other characters that would make him feel like a more aggressive rushdown version of the Gerudo King. He also has a very cool look to him and his world being inside-out would make for an excellent stage backdrop. On top of that, Demi-Fiend is one of those characters who I admired before playing their game, which only served to amplify/confirm those feelings.

4. Arturia: A very popular character in her own right, setting aside her notoriety as a choice in the fandom. Regardless of what anyone thinks about her, she comes from a company I fell for in my high school years. Although I actually prefer Arcueid to Arturia, the latter is far more recognizable and has been part of a very successful franchise that continues to grow by the day, even outselling the likes of Pokemon GO and Granblue Fantasy in terms of mobile revenue. Success stories aside, she's just really damn cool too, like the above 4. With her, there's that dream-feeling of seeing her with other characters.

5. Reimu: Seriously, tossing dumb meme stereotypes and negativity aside, she's great. Touhou is (in)famous for its crossover culture, is loaded to the brim with characters, has a lot of deep lore within it (which is only expanded upon by a very passionate fanbase), has been around for more than two decades, is the grandmommy of all Indie icons, has an outstanding library of music, and is so ingrained in internet culture that seeing Reimu playable in Smash would be akin to bringing all the crossover culture back in full circle, ala Dante. [Inhales] She might have a low presence in the West, but are we seriously arguing for complete recognition when hardly any Burger over here knows that Link is Link and not Zelda, or knowing who Fox McCloud is at all? Seriously, if a character has a huge enough fanbase, it would only increase when newbies are given proper exposure to those characters, like Marth and Roy back in Melee. It's proof of concept; it can work!

And that's about it.

Most youtube comments I run into are bite-sized, but I will take your word for it :v
Ay, FINALLY, a man of culture.
Bonus points for 2hu

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Ramen you understand me chief
I'll have you know that I wanted Katalina in, before that fateful Sunday

Edit: Oh wait, you were referring to Steve
Edit 2: Or were you?
What about Doomguy and Steve?
At the very least, Steve, definitely...

I'm, not too sure on Doomguy though... is Doom big in Japan? If not, that's really his biggest factor holding him back

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
If it helps, Sakurai has mentioned Doom.
Really? Where? I'm curious... Can you send me a link?
Interestingly enough, I despise almost ALL fan art with his shoes off because it always looks wrong. That pic I showed is the only one I like because professionals made it :yoshi:
Still looks better than Kirby without his shoes... Remember that trend? *Shiver*

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't think I've ever been this confused by something and I was just reading a conversation about yoshi feet.

I only started posting here 15 minutes ago or so and I'm already regretting my life choices.
Leave if you value your sanity.
If you don’t value your sanity, leave anyway because there isn’t much worthwhile here.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I don't think I've ever been this confused by something and I was just reading a conversation about yoshi feet.

I only started posting here 15 minutes ago or so and I'm already regretting my life choices.
Howdy! Folks call me Noipoi! Welcome to the boards!

I'd tell you we're not always this weird but...we're always this weird.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master

Dude it gets weird. We run out of things to talk about and then we get delirious

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom