• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foulds

Smash Cadet
Before Corrin was ever announced, I remember grumblings about it regarding Lucina and Robin's announcement. But the full blown outcry was a result of Corrin's announcement.
people were definitely having tantrums about too many fire emblem characters when robin and lucina got announced. especially since people were really obsessed with slots back then.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I love Metroid Prime Hunters a lot.
If anyone has the chance, play it.
But not on a 3DS. The heavier console makes the whole hold-with-one-hand-aim-with-the-stylus thing unbearable.

Play it on a DSlite.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
people were definitely having tantrums about too many fire emblem characters when robin and lucina got announced. especially since people were really obsessed with slots back then.
And Lucina was a straight up clone of Marth. Which, before they branded "echo characters", was a huge deal.

But I still don't remember it being a huge, commonly accepted truth among Smashboards the FE had too many characters until Corrin took up a DLC slot despite being from an unreleased game. Then it seemed like the whole community turned their ire collectively, rather than it being a vocal minority.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Being single is better anyways you know

Kinda want to participate in tournaments for Ultimate so maybe having a gf isn't the best course of action anyway.

regardless, lets get this m-money....*sniffles*
Hey man, my PM's are open, alright? Keep your chin up, and PM me if you need to talk about it. We care for ya buddy.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
And Lucina was a straight up clone of Marth. Which, before they branded "echo characters", was a huge deal.

But I still don't remember it being a huge, commonly accepted truth among Smashboards the FE had too many characters until Corrin took up a DLC slot despite being from an unreleased game. Then it seemed like the whole community turned their ire collectively, rather than it being a vocal minority.
People would probably be more ok with the amount of FE characters if 3 weren’t basically Marth clones.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
People would probably be more ok with the amount of FE characters if 3 weren’t basically Marth clones.
I can understand Lucina but who's the third one?
It certainly can't be Roy or Chrom, because one is an Echo of the other and it'd be 4.

D

Deleted member

The FE hate is so weird, there's hate for the numbers clones and there's hate for the numner of uniques. You can't please anyone.
just add hector and everyone will shut up

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Now I know that Sylux is the one who actually has a future, and he is pretty cool. But I'd like to remind people of Fulgore's Cousin Weavel.

Weavel 2.jpg

He's pretty cool too. He can even split himself in two.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not gonna lie guys, I really worry about how stable you guys are irl and if you are even in the condition worry about a videogame.
Wait an hour.
i forgot dst were on lol

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The FE hate is so weird, there's hate for the numbers clones and there's hate for the numner of uniques. You can't please anyone.
just add hector and everyone will shut up
I’m not hating. I’m fine with the choices(just wish we had a spear and axe user)

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Now I know that Sylux is the one who actually has a future, and he is pretty cool. But I'd like to remind people of Fulgore's Cousin Weavel.

View attachment 178822
He's pretty cool too. He can even split himself in two.
If they did then Netherrealm/Midway would have their asses because Fulgore is a carbon copied Cyrax/Sektor/Smoke

Untouch

Smash Master

SMB3 Bowser.
Japanese site calls it.......
SATAN'S KOOPA.

Koji Kondo himself worked on this, interesting.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Not gonna lie guys, I really worry aboit how stable you guys are irl and if you are even in the cindition worry about a videogame.

i forgot dst were on lol
I would’ve been stable if it wasn’t for that spelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom