• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Who is a really iconic female villain in gaming? I'm still trying to figure out who the boss of my girl's classic mode might be?
I can rattle off a few...
  • Gruntilda
  • ... ... ...um...
...uh... I can rattle off more female villains, like Cackletta, Veran, the Shadow Queen, Ultimecia, Princess Shroob, Queen Sectonia, Susie, and Twinrova, but I don't know how many of them can be called iconic...

Game2018

Banned via Warnings
It's Music Theory 2.0.

People just really like jumping the gun on deconfirmations for some reason.
Okay, so people are just making things up. I thought there was official word from Nintendo saying spirits disconfirm characters...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Just thinking about it,
this day was where everyone's remaining most wanted got massacred in one shot:
Rayman
Elma
Bandana Waddle Dee
Geno (Confirmed as online icon)
Springman (TWICE due to the fact that he got mii costume and got AT'd)

Goku
And other characters that were cofirmed to be spirits
but on other hand,
we got nice details about Classic mode, World of Life, and Spirits. Was it risk that we took to sacrifice our most wanted for infos on those modes?
Geno is not deconfirm still no spirit spotting that’s just a online icon and spirits don’t deconfirm characters

However there’s two in particual that’s I think to point out

And that’s crash bandicoot and sylux

And another interesting one to point out not spirit related but

The Viridi alt for Palutena is gone.

Remember samus and Ike.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
...perhaps you unlock the Profile Icons if you get the Mii Costume said character has.

This is confusing wording lemme try to clarify

Perhaps if you get a character's Mii Costume you get their Profile Icon as a little bonus.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Isn't jumping the gun about spirits de-confirming characters just as bad as spreading misinformation?

D

Deleted member

Oi. All of this talk about female villians and ya'll forget about The Boss from Metal Gear? Bruh.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Isn't jumping the gun about spirits de-confirming characters just as bad as spreading misinformation?
Most of us (I assume) are only theorizing. Theories are never a definitive path. Gotta get that, folks.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Oh ****, Board the Platforms and stuff are back?! Holy ****! That's a spoiler I don't mind hearing.
nah... there is a bonus stage that is more akin to "race to the finish" though... but is universal.

At least is some platforming action... i really hope that world of light may feature some platforming minilevels DX

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Just thinking about it,
Rayman
Elma
Bandana Waddle Dee

Goku
but on other hand,
we got nice details about Classic mode, World of Life, and Spirits. Was it risk that we took to sacrifice our most wanted for infos on those modes?
I think Elma's still possible. No X music is more telling than a simple Spirit, imo.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
About the "Spirits deconfirming characters" thing, I really wish someone at Nintendo would confirm whether or not it does, but I highly doubt they will.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
nah... there is a bonus stage that is more akin to "race to the finish" though... but is universal.

At least is some platforming action... i really hope that world of light may feature some platforming minilevels DX
That's how Melee's Race to the Finish was too, combining the old RTTF from Smash 64 with Board The Platforms. It's not an exact thing, as BTF had a specific number you had to hit, but....

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I mean you can't just bin Elma because of this and not BWD
But if Elma is represented as a spirit battle against Bayo, wouldn't that de-confirm her? And I'm not saying that this does or does not de-confirm BWD, since playable characters apparently have spirit icons as well. I just think his chances have lowered since he's now represented in the game in some way

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Just thinking about it,
Rayman
Elma
Bandana Waddle Dee

Goku
but on other hand,
Spirits don’t mean a character can’t be dlc.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I think Springman is the only one of those (besides Goku) that is actually de-confirmed
But ARMS isn't. Just to be clear.

While highly unlikely, depending on Nintendo's future plans for the franchise, they could elect to put in a more unique character tailored towards their eventual ARMS 2 release, if such a thing exists.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
It is. We don't know if it matters. Moreover, Nintendo is picking the DLC and it sounds like the line-up was finished after the Direct. We don't know how much they care about a character they included having other things but my guess is "not at all."

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure most fighters are fighting only Giga Bowser, Galeom, Rathalos and Dracula or else we'd have seen more bosses by now. I'm gonna be real disappointed if there are only two new bosses and no ATs are even used as ones for WoL :/

Last edited by a moderator:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
But if Elma is represented as a spirit battle against Bayo, wouldn't that de-confirm her? And I'm not saying that this does or does not de-confirm BWD, since playable characters apparently have spirit icons as well. I just think his chances have lowered since he's not represented in the game in some way
...no? I'm very confused

BWD and Elma are both Spirits. But you're saying BWD is still alive. But by your logic, Elma isn't.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
But ARMS isn't. Just to be clear.

While highly unlikely, depending on Nintendo's future plans for the franchise, they could elect to put in a more unique character tailored towards their eventual ARMS 2 release, if such a thing exists.
Here's hoping for Min Min...

monadoboy

Smash Lord
But if Elma is represented as a spirit battle against Bayo, wouldn't that de-confirm her? And I'm not saying that this does or does not de-confirm BWD, since playable characters apparently have spirit icons as well. I just think his chances have lowered since he's now represented in the game in some way
Mewtwo and Lucas had trophies in Smash 4 and it didn't mean a thing.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
...no? I'm very confused

BWD and Elma are both Spirits. But you're saying BWD is still alive. But by your logic, Elma isn't.
I meant to say 'I just think his chances have lowered since he's now represented in the game in some way'. I didn't mean to say not

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The only thing that Nintendo picking the fighters means is that... they picked the fighters.

It doesn't mean Sakurai is going to upgrade an AT, for instance. He's still making the final decision. (Though an AT upgrade is certainly possible).

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
-If spirits deconfirm DLC, Elma and BWD are out
-If spirits don't deconfirm DLC, Elma and BWD have a chance

There's no real middle ground here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom