• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Isn't that just his reoccurring nightmare? :p
And the Spirit they all use is a Nightmare from Link's Awakening, or Vaati if that's not an option(Vaati's monster design is one of the shadows in the final boss fight, so it's clear where his design came from. But it's not the first time a previous game inspired something. The Six Sages got their names in Zelda II, Link's Awakening Marin and Tarin got upgraded to Malon and Talon(with extremely similar roles in OOT), and the guy who looked similar to Luigi also dealt with Cuccos, becoming Ingo. So I doubt it was a coincidence).

I can't think of many examples though. it happens, but it's not that common.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Basically, What I am trying to say is that, If they want to use rayman as one of five DLCs, they could reuse this (He's next to that floating bucket from color splash) as very likely chance.

But I don't think that's possible now, looking at Kaptain K Rool and Wii Fit Trainer's Tree, which both are confirmed to be spirits and there's chance that we may see fighter spirits of King K Rool and Wii Fit Trainer that is different from those two.

For King K rool's fighter spirit, it would be this or that.

For Wii Fit trainer's fighter spirit, it would be this.

See what I am getting at all, if there's different version of smasher, there's chance that smasher will have its own fighter spirits.
That didn’t stop Mewtwo and Lucas from being trophies and dlc characters in 4.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
But have we seen a spirit battle that represents BWD? I think that would de-confirm him, since if they were planning on making him DLC they wouldn't use a spirit battle to give the illusion of fighting BWD. That is why I think Elma is de-confirmed, because the spirit battle against Bayo gives the illusion of fighting Elma. If she were planned for DLC, they wouldn't have put in that spirit battle against her. Does that make sense?
To get a spirit don't you have to do the little fight?

Polan

Smash Lord
But have we seen a spirit battle that represents BWD? I think that would de-confirm him, since if they were planning on making him DLC they wouldn't use a spirit battle to give the illusion of fighting BWD. That is why I think Elma is de-confirmed, because the spirit battle against Bayo gives the illusion of fighting Elma. If she were planned for DLC, they wouldn't have put in that spirit battle against her. Does that make sense?
BWD almost definitely has a spirit battle too. will that deconfirm him or are the goalposts gonna move?

D

Deleted member

Guys, I dunno if Mario can ever be in this game. He has PNGs on the website. If he's already being used there, why on earth would Sakurai make him playable? Him having PNGs on the website clearly indicates he already has a purpose that can't ever change.

This is just a joke post, please don't take it too seriously...

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Ok, I just realized, but Palutena's Guidance is back, right?

I can't wait to see Palu and co. react to Chrom making it in despite their ****talking
Looks like the far superior Codec conversations may be gone though.

I like the Guidence's but the Codecs were just so much more fun.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Basically, What I am trying to say is that, If they want to use rayman as one of five DLCs, they could reuse this (He's next to that floating bucket from color splash) as very likely chance.

But I don't think that's possible now, looking at Kaptain K Rool and Wii Fit Trainer's Tree, which both are confirmed to be spirits and there's chance that we may see fighter spirits of King K Rool and Wii Fit Trainer that is different from those two.

For King K rool's fighter spirit, it would be this or that.

For Wii Fit trainer's fighter spirit, it would be this.

See what I am getting at all? If there's different version of smasher, there's chance that smasher will have its own fighter spirits.
No, I still don't understand. But it's okay. lol

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I'm seeing ARMS characters and female villains get talked about, yet no mention of Dr. Coyle, the best of both worlds? smh.

Disclaimer: I'm not actually upset. You guys do you.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
To get a spirit don't you have to do the little fight?
I think. I mean, I'm not sure if you have to do a fight for every single spirit, but if so I would like to think that it would de-confirm that character. But then again, I think we have a spirit battle against K Rool, so I'm not really sure

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Some people really need to learn the difference between soft, circumstantial evidence and hard, definite evidence. There's a chance that spirits deconfirm characters but there's not much solid to suggest that they actually do. It's all just guesswork.

This was one of the issues with the Grinch hoax actually, people where treating theories made to explain the "leak" like they were actual proof.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
BWD almost definitely has a spirit battle too. will that deconfirm him or are the goalposts gonna move?
If he has a spirit battle, which like you said he probably does, then I guess that would de-confirm him as well. But I'm not really sure if it 100% de-confirms them now, since I forgot that K Rool has a spirit battle as well as them.

D

Deleted member

Would be so good to be able to have an avatar right now....What I get for trying to change it to a Drake meme.

I liked both.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Would be so good to be able to have an avatar right now....What I get for trying to change it to a Drake meme.

I liked both.
I actually never experienced the codecs in Brawl because I never knew how to activate them (and kind of forgot they were in the game)

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
They were pretty awesome.
I've never really been a Metal Gear Solid fan, so I never really had any interest in them, but if you liked them then that's fine. However, I really did like Palutena's Guidance. But I don't have a Wii U, so I only got to experience them through YouTube videos

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I'm sad the codecs didn't make a return. Guidance is fun, but it honestly wasn't as funny as some of the codecs to me.

Especially Luigi's. Luigi's codec was the best thing ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I've never really been a Metal Gear Solid fan, so I never really had any interest in them, but if you liked them then that's fine. However, I really did like Palutena's Guidance. But I don't have a Wii U, so I only got to experience them through YouTube videos
1. I cannot believe you're not a Metal Gear fan.
2. Yeah, definetly check them out. I think both the Codecs and Guidences are well written.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I actually never experienced the codecs in Brawl because I never knew how to activate them (and kind of forgot they were in the game)
Watch them. If you didn't already love Snake as a character and his supporting cast alongside him, those will do you in. They're so good.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
That didn’t stop Mewtwo and Lucas from being trophies and dlc characters in 4.
Trophy =/= Spirits,

Trophy are for collection back in Smash 4, Melee, and Brawl

Spirit is what powers fighters in the spirit battles or in World of Light.

Yes, I understand that Mewtwo and Lucas made it in despise the fact that they have trophy.

Spirit is different story there, there's many images of characters from all games that appears on nintendo consoles. See Elma's spirit here and now compare it to here

"But! If there's different image of character that can be used for DLC's fighter spirit!"

I'm very skeptical on this ****, it's less chance that they can use different version of character for DLC's fighter spirit. I will be proven so wrong hard if it's confirmed that DLC fighter spirit are same as the spirit in the game.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
1. I cannot believe you're not a Metal Gear fan.
2. Yeah, definetly check them out. I think both the Codecs and Guidences are well written.
I can believe that they're probably really well done, but it's true that I've never been a fan of Metal Gear Solid. Of course, I've never played a MGS game so that may be part of the reason why

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If Arms gets a rep now?

It's Min Min or Twintelle.

Simple as that. They're popular as hell. Even more so than the ''main" characters.

And yet can still fit the playstyles of Arms into the world of Smash.

D

Deleted member

I can believe that they're probably really well done, but it's true that I've never been a fan of Metal Gear Solid. Of course, I've never played a MGS game so that may be part of the reason why
Play MGS 1. NOW.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Watch them. If you didn't already love Snake as a character and his supporting cast alongside him, those will do you in. They're so good.
I can believe that they probably are good, but I've never been a fan of Snake and have never had any interest in him nor his games. But that's just me. Sorry if that triggers anyone.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm not really a Metal Gear Solid fan though, so I never had any interests in the codecs
You don't have to be. They're ever so charming that even if your not the biggest fan of Metal Gear you'll still enjoy then. Some highlights are DeDeDe (Are you sure he's not a penguin?), Kirby (Watch out for what? That pink marshmallow?), and Zero Suit Samus (Colonel! Samus took her clothes off!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom