• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure most fighters are fighting only Giga Bowser, Galeom, Rathalos and Dracula or else we'd have seen more bosses by now. I'm gonna be real disappointed if there are only two new bosses and no ATs are even used as ones for WoL :/
I totally see at least rayquaza coming back though...

Weve only seen the Wolf, Rob, CFalcon, Mario and duckhunt final bosses though because thats specifically waht nintendo choose to show to people.

There is a small chance that the reason is cause this characters had previously known bosses.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Which is part of the reason why I think BWD still has a chance
BWD is in the same situation, we've seen him only used to assist the player, but there's a big chance he also has a fight like Elma's. Trophies and Spirit means nothing at all, imo.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
This thread for me today has been nothing but nonstop war flashbacks to that month and a half of people telling me Mewtwo couldn't be DLC because of his 3DS trophy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

At this point, I don't care who the final 5 fighters are. Hell, they could pick a non-hype pick like Tracer for DLC and I'd still be cool. Because I got Snake, Ridley, and Simon Belmon in the same Smash game, so I'm good lol.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I totally see at least rayquaza coming back though...

Weve only seen the Wolf, Rob, CFalcon, Mario and duckhunt final bosses though because thats specifically waht nintendo choose to show to people.

There is a small chance that the reason is cause this characters had previously known bosses.
Who was Captain Falcon’s boss?

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
-If spirits deconfirm DLC, Elma and BWD are out
-If spirits don't deconfirm DLC, Elma and BWD have a chance

There's no real middle ground here.
But have we seen a spirit battle that represents BWD? I think that would de-confirm him, since if they were planning on making him DLC they wouldn't use a spirit battle to give the illusion of fighting BWD. That is why I think Elma is de-confirmed, because the spirit battle against Bayo gives the illusion of fighting Elma. If she were planned for DLC, they wouldn't have put in that spirit battle against her. Does that make sense?

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
BWD is in the same situation, we've seen him only used to assist the player, but there's a big chance he also has a fight like Elma's. Trophies and Spirit means nothing at all, imo.
I agree that trophies and spirits mean nothing, but if it's a spirit battle then it means everything.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm pretty sure most fighters are fighting only Giga Bowser, Galeom, Rathalos and Dracula or else we'd have seen more bosses by now. I'm gonna be real disappointed if there are only two new bosses and no ATs are even used as ones for WoL :/
Reportedly they prevented people from playing certain characters, so you could argue there's some that they're keeping in their pocket. Regardless, we've only seen a few out of 75 characters in their Classic Mode so throwing in the towel with such a small fraction revealed is a little pessimistic at the moment.

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
But ARMS isn't. Just to be clear.

While highly unlikely, depending on Nintendo's future plans for the franchise, they could elect to put in a more unique character tailored towards their eventual ARMS 2 release, if such a thing exists.
Right. I think fighting games don't necessarily have to have the main character. Min Min and Twintell are both popular characters. Additionally, they could always go with Ribbon Girl (the game's other main character) or just have Spring Man as both.

As for ARMS the series, I think it will continue. Was the best selling fighting game in Japan in three years and still sold 2 million. If Pikmin got a sequel, ARMS probably will.
The only thing that Nintendo picking the fighters means is that... they picked the fighters.

It doesn't mean Sakurai is going to upgrade an AT, for instance. He's still making the final decision. (Though an AT upgrade is certainly possible).
We don't know how much of a say he had or if we was given multiple characters or just 5. I will say in Spring Man's case, he can always be replaced with Springtron so it's less of an issue for him. There isn't a rule that say an AT can't also be a character beyond what we have seen in the past which was just one round of DLC and all the characters were vets, new series or came out after Smash (in Corrin's case). We already have Rahtelos as a boss and AT and Chrom as a character, a Mii costume and part of Robin's FS. I think they care less and less about the continuity of these things. Moreover, Nintendo may be more inclined to pick from characters who are already in the game (which was done to have those characters be a part of the game in some way). They will probably favor their own series so they'll be picking characters who are costumes, Spirits or even ATs. We should get a better idea once the first character is shown

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Spirits don’t mean a character can’t be dlc.
Press x = doubt to that, There's fighter spirits for example:
Daisy was confirmed to have its own fighter spirit, and want to know what kind of image was it?
It was this.
now, Look at characters' main art and compare them to spirit. See how they are similar? If you think that spirit don't mean a character can't be DLC, that's where you're wrong.

If they want to use character that already have spirit, should they reuse same image or not?

Therefore, there's no way that we would know if DLC characters would have same image that was used for the spirit as their fighter spirits.

D

Deleted member

Okay, what's with everyone suddenly being 100% sure spirits meaning disconfirmation?
This fanbase's compulsive desire to jump the gun and craft headcanons that they feel the need to enforce upon the rest of the fandom.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Press x = doubt to that, There's fighter spirits for example:
Daisy was confirmed to have its own fighter spirit, and want to know what kind of image was it?
It was this.
now, Look at characters' main art and compare them to spirit. See how they are similar? If you think that spirit don't mean a character can't be DLC, that's where you're wrong.

If they want to use character that already have spirit, should they reuse same image or not?

Therefore, there's no way that we would know if DLC characters would have same image that was used for the spirit as their fighter spirits.
So do you think spirits can be DLC or no? I couldn't quite understand what you were saying in your post. The only thing I understood is that Daisy's icon is an older picture than her model for this game

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I cant believe we went a few pages speaking of female villains and no one mentioned them. Dont worry m´ladies. I am here to fix that injustice:

I see a princess, Red Riding Hood, and Susie, who was mentioned by me and a few others

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I cant believe we went a few pages speaking of female villains and no one mentioned them. Dont worry m´ladies. I am here to fix that injustice:

I only know who one of these is. And I wouldn't really consider B.B. Hood, like, a primary villain. She's more of a Juri Han level.

Just sort of evil-by-concept and hanging out.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I only know who one of these is. And I wouldn't really consider B.B. Hood, like, a primary villain. She's more of a Juri Han level.

Just sort of evil-by-concept and hanging out.
Well, she actually gets to star as main villain.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I swear to God, the final boss for Ike better be either Ganondorf with a Rathalos assist trophy and ore sword or a Palutena with super star.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
I too like broken images. But on a more serious note it would be great to have Devilotte in anything and BB Hood is great imo. Susie reminds me that I need to pick up Star Allies at some point

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I swear to God, the final boss for Ike better be either Ganondorf with a Rathalos assist trophy and ore sword or a Palutena with super star.
Ganondorf's final boss should be Link, Toon Link, Young Link, Zelda, and Sheik all at once. :troll:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Ok, I just realized, but Palutena's Guidance is back, right?

I can't wait to see Palu and co. react to Chrom making it in despite their ****talking

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Something tells me that everyone's Classic Mode boss is going to be an actual dedicated boss rather then just a standard fighter or assist trophy.

Some of these ideas being thrown around would make for some good Spirit Battles though.

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
So do you think spirits can be DLC or no? I couldn't quite understand what you were saying in your post. The only thing I understood is that Daisy's icon is an older picture than her model for this game
Basically, What I am trying to say is that, If they want to use rayman as one of five DLCs, they could reuse this (He's next to that floating bucket from color splash) as very likely chance.

But I don't think that's possible now, looking at Kaptain K Rool and Wii Fit Trainer's Tree, which both are confirmed to be spirits and there's chance that we may see fighter spirits of King K Rool and Wii Fit Trainer that is different from those two.

For King K rool's fighter spirit, it would be this or that.

For Wii Fit trainer's fighter spirit, it would be this.

See what I am getting at all? If there's different version of smasher, there's chance that smasher will have its own fighter spirits.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom