• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hey people , imagine if Sakurai got Marvel and Capcom to put Marvel character in Smash as DLC.

Oh i would play the **** of Ironman and Wolverine!

And imagine if they put Marvel vs Capcom music in Smash!
Imagine this on the Character Select in Smash:
They would pick Spidey if that was even close to being a thing

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
How bout Vaati? He's your next Capcom character and your next Zelda rep. Fill two arbitrary quotas for the price of one!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
y'all sleeping on Chris. He's an RE character too.
I'm frankly just sick of him. He got pushed a little too hard. Both he and Leon.

I don't mind either, but like Jill, Claire, Ada, etc.

The females of RE exist Capcom. They do indeed exist.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Watched GameXplain's spirits showcase.

No Piranha Plant yet, eh?
-Spirits Theory intensifies- :yeahboi:

Notable absentees thus far from a first party perspective are Funky, Mipha, Sylux, and Celica. Obviously they could still be Spirits, but considering minor characters or enemies are getting spirits it would be quite telling if they weren't included at all.
I would honestly be super happy if Mipha were to be added as a playable character. New Zelda rep and one of my favorite characters from BotW

D

Deleted member

SmashBoards, fix your images please. I want to change my avatar to celebrate Goku finally getting into Smash.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Watched GameXplain's spirits showcase.

No Piranha Plant yet, eh?
-Spirits Theory intensifies- :yeahboi:

Notable absentees thus far from a first party perspective are Funky, Mipha, Sylux, and Celica. Obviously they could still be Spirits, but considering minor characters or enemies are getting spirits it would be quite telling if they weren't included at all.
No way that the healer of all the characters from BOTW is getting in.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Hey people , imagine if Sakurai got Marvel and Capcom to put Marvel character in Smash as DLC.

Oh i would play the **** of Ironman and Wolverine!

And imagine if they put Marvel vs Capcom music in Smash!
Imagine this on the Character Select in Smash:
Unfortunately, if Manga characters can't be in Smash, Comic characters can't be either.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm frankly just sick of him. He got pushed a little too hard. Both he and Leon.

I don't mind either, but like Jill, Claire, Ada, etc.

The females of RE exist Capcom. They do indeed exist.
I adore Chris. Favorite RE character. And I couldn't have been happier that Chris-- specifically RE5's Chris with Roger Craig Smith voicing him-- got into MvCi.

But that said, Jill or Leon should be in Smash, not Chris. They hold much more significant ties to Nintendo's history.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Does anyone have that pic? I'm pretty sure that icon used Geno's one official render - if he got a spirit, I'd assume that that's the render they'd use. But I also know that the Moon icon they showed at another time in the direct uses the official art for it's assist from Ultimate, and I assume that all of the assists' spirits will use the official art...
Smashboards is being a real ***** right now with images.
Just search "Geno Spirit" in Google Images and you'll find it.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Say, just had a thought.

Anybody know who owns the music to the MvC series? Specifically MvC2 and 3? Cause ngl, if I could get the Clock Tower stage theme in Smash, my life might just be complete.

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman
I feel ya.
I can get that way a lot.

But this would beg the question, if Geno isn't a Spirit, then what exactly is he? We saw him in the Nov. 1st Direct. He certainly wasn't a character there.
If he isn't a Spirit, what was he?
If it's Mii Costume or nothing I'll just take the Mii Costume.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Another point I always like to bring up

There is literally
No
Other
Render
For Geno, beyond his SMRPG render.

His SS appearance wasn't a render.

So it's just...legit, only his SMRPG render can be used from what I understand. For Spirits or anything.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Idk how many times we have to go over that spirits do not deconfirm anyone. Quit making up stupid fan made rules.

NineS

Smash Lord
Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
Idk how many times we have to go over that spirits do not deconfirm anyone. Quit making up stupid fan made rules.
People aren't saying this due to fan rules. Or at least, the majority of us on here aren't.

We're saying this due to Hitagi's claim that Spirits will not be fighters from what he's heard, at least for this round of DLC.

So, technically. Not a fan rule. A leaker's rule.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Ok, but Geno isn't happening.

I am as confident in this statement as I was in my prior statements about Incineroar being in. It's important to remember that prior to his reveal everyone doubted him. Especially during the height of the Grinch hoax.

I hope "Incineroar is leaker bait!" becomes the next "Shulk is a photoshopped Little Mac!"
You’re comparing two very different situations.

With Incineroar we had multiple call him out on being a newcomer that made Incineroar more likely and in many eyes a guarantee. That’s what makes it reasonable.

The only thing we have for Geno is literally just “There’s an SE character”. That’s it. Everything else is made up of your assumptions, your perspective of the current situation, and your interpretation of circumstantial “evidence” that is also up to interpretation.

Incineroar =/= Geno being unlikely.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I haven't played any games in either series, but I'd rather have Phoenix Wright tbh. We already have a bunch of fighters who are known for fighting monsters, and I don't really see Monster Hunter bringing anything new to the table. But I'd love to have a lawyer who fights for JUSTICE! His moveset would probably be incredibly creative and funny.
All too true. And Phoenix Wright would do wonderfully in giving the roster variety as well as throw Ace Attorney fans a bone that they painfully need after how Capcom got hopes needlessly up this year.
But does Phoenix have a tiny cat that follows him everywhere in bad *** armor and a weapon of it's own?
Nah, but he has a dog just as useful in Ultimate. XD

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Who is a really iconic female villain in gaming? I'm still trying to figure out who the boss of my girl's classic mode might be?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So my updated DLC prediction list AGAIN for the umpteenth time.

SE Character(DQ or Lara)
Lloyd Irving
Microsoft Character(Steve or Banjo)
Ryu Hayabusa
Crash

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly the most surprising thing about Ultimate so far is not only the fact that Tatanga and Sarasaland are actually being mentioned by a modern Nintendo game, but that they actually have an official pronunciation now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom