• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
:ultcorrin:
*Transforms arm into spear, impales the ground then follows with a flying kick*

*Transforms hand into terrifying mouth, launches projectile then bites*

*Sprouts wings and gets a boost of horizontal momentum*

*Shreds opponent with flaming chainsaw sword*

Smash Fans "Swordfighters all play the same. We need Edelgarde, she'll be way more unique because she uses a different type of pointy stick!"

And don't get me started on the people who delude themselves enough to lump Robin into that "boring swordfighter" group.
pretty sure people who do that just dont like FE because its "Taking up slots"

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
The salt would be unreal from this... I really hope this isnt the case. I mean no reason to believe it but itd be a crazy way to anger the fanbase.
Yeah on one hand, if Square doesn't want Geno as playable, then at least bringing back the Mii costume is the right thing to do. But the salt would definitely be unreal.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Corrin is the best Fire Emblem character on the roster and you can't convince me other wise.
(Smash wise, in the actual Fates game Corrin sucks)
In Smash he's the most unique, even past Robin, who is just unique with faithfulness to the series intact. But in everywhere else he can go be killed off, I don't care. Swap his fate with Sigurd.

D

Deleted member

ok wait, where did THIS happen? did I miss something while playing DQB?
Probably a screencap from a trailer.
Point still stands that I found it on a quick trip over to Google Images. It's literally the third row down on the search "dragon quest builders slime".

Welp **** me I got ninja edited.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Honestly. I think 25% is generous for a character like Geno. Many of his fans greatly overestimate his chances. Remember how some of them even claimed Geno would make more sense if he was included in the base roster? We all know how that turned out.
Honestly, I kind of hope he beats the odds stacked against him currently just because of posts like yours.

And I'm someone who is pretty much good with any and all Square reps, but the way some people and users have turned Geno into public enemy number 1 makes me want him to just beat all the others despite the odds stacked against him.

Nothing better than a good egg on my face.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
>a leak of DLC character with the picture as "proof"
>said picture is actually from Dragon Quests builder

****ing come on, we know that DLC is already in development, and suddenly fake picture leak popped up on the spot?
Sorry, anon but we can't be fooled anymore because those 5 DLC characters are very mysterious to us.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
pretty sure people who do that just dont like FE because its "Taking up slots"
Either that or they're trying to find a way to justify a different FE character they want who doesn't use a sword.

If someone wants Hector, Ephraim or even Edelgarde in Smash I'm cool with that, but I think the argument that they'd be extremely unique because of their preferred weapon type is hard to justify when Robin and Corrin, a pair of swordsmen, set such a high bar for "uniqueness" that I can't see any of those characters reaching.

SuperSmashLover

Smash Cadet
A buff to Pokémon is a buff to the characters I play. I just hope there isnt a garbage tier pokemon on this smash cycle. I am also hoping Piranha Plant remains outside the worst tier.
Piranha Plant seems to have the craziest range on smash attacks though. I honestly think a mid-high mid-tier is possible.
Just thinking about it, Piranha will likely be the best edge guarder in the game. Doesn't that make a huge difference?

FreeFox

Smash Lord
So guys

Let's say Sakurai decides to throw a curveball at us to make us mad. And that is making Chrono an Echo of Cloud

Thoughts?
As long as we get the promised not Echo DLC characters, I dont really mind.
So we got four contenders then.

Elma (Assuming Hitagi never heard or played X), Matthew, Saki and Wandering Samurai.
Why only those 4? :confused:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
No see, the problem is he's already being a **** by leaking it in the first place. I'm not gonna lie I have met some cool *** leakers in my life who are really nice guys who just want to get people excited. Vergeben is not one of those people. He's just a jack *** and always has been. Backpedaling isn't even his problem. He is just a douche about it. He's smug as hell and someone I wish would never get fed information. This is a dude who does it for browney points on the internet and whenever someone questions or accuses him of lying he goes full playground mode and starts calling people actually offensive names. Why? Who knows?

I didn't like him when he was leaking MvC: I and Dragon Ball FighterZ stuff so you can imagine my disdain that he hopped into the Smash Speculation. Dude is just an *******. Even when people aren't being ******** to him. He's egotistical to say the very VERY least.
To be fair, this is partially Nintendo's problem as well. They haven't taken any action to punish leakers for leaking their games, so leakers like vergeben have nothing stopping them from leaking information.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
$10 bet that the leaked screenshot was for the Congratulations screen on Classic
Speaking of classic mode; since every one has a personalized story they better have the credits picture/art reflect the ending of said storyline.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Lmao but that's the thing if you don't want to be spoiled for **** revolving the game and you know he's a credible leaker why the **** are you even looking at news involving him to begin with? It's a contradictory action, if you get spoiled by something he says because you made the act of looking at what he had to say than at that point It's your fault i'm sorry. You have free will you can choose what to and what not to look at when it comes to news.
See. Here's the thing. Imagine if you worked very hard to make something and put all your heart and soul in it? Then out of nowhere, someone spoils your work by leaking information about it just to get more attention. That person did not contribute to your project in any way, but he/she is still getting attention and praise for sharing information about it. How would that make you feel? This is exactly what happened with Sakurai. He worked so hard to direct this game, yet someone who didn't even work on it is leaking information about the game and getting lots of attention because of it. How is that fair?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom