• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Speaking of classic mode; since every one has a personalized story they better have the credits picture/art reflect the ending of said storyline.
A bold claim from something that doesn't exist.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Honestly, I kind of hope he beats the odds stacked against him currently just because of posts like yours.

And I'm someone who is pretty much good with any and all Square reps, but the way some people and users have turned Geno into public enemy number 1 makes me want him to just beat all the others despite the odds stacked against him.

Nothing better than a good egg on my face.
Don't act like Geno fans have been completely innocent either.

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
I really think people are overselling the probability of a DQ rep. I can't find the sales numbers available anywhere but I have a hunch that the west is the bigger market for DLC characters and I really don't think they're going to go with a rep that makes literally everyone outside of Japan turn their heads in confusion.

For all of the "DQ is more popular than Chrono Trigger, even in the west": I know a bit about Chrono Trigger just from hanging around gamers because it's a cult classic with a vocal following that will pay homage to its image. I never once held a conversation about Dragon Quest until people brought it up for Smash. I think you're really underestimating how little the west cares about Dragon Quest.

I'd love to see Geno but realistically Sora seems pretty likely. And hey, I'm sure he'd be a great character. But I really am doubtful of Dragon Quest popping up, especially as the first DLC reveal.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I miss seeing you stirring anarchy Shi come back and muckle about with us more
Or must I venture to NintenZone more often?
I come here on off days usually and when the NZ is slow. Love stirring anarchy here as well.
How do you fare?
id love to see more of you in the nz tho

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Don't act like Geno fans have been completely innocent either.
I mean? They mostly have. They keep to their thread. They don't start **** about other Mario characters. They stay in their lane.

They only try to counter the other Square reps with their own logic and thoughts, which why wouldn't they? They are in a battle to get in against them.

But I never see them bad mouthing other users in the name of Geno. Sooo....

Yeah. I'm gonna say they're a considerable amount more innocent.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You're darn right we like Ike.

Probably one of my most favorite FE character designs, that one. I should really get around to playing his games...
I should've picked up that copy for PoR for five bucks when I was 10
at least i have metroid prime for 3 bucks

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I mean? They mostly have. They keep to their thread. They don't start **** about other Mario characters. They stay in their lane.

They only try to counter the other Square reps with their own logic and thoughts, which why wouldn't they? They are in a battle to get in against them.

The problem is that a lot of their logic is faulty and doesn't always match with reality. That's all. I'm not saying Geno has no chance. He absolutely does, and he would be a fun, unique character. But sometimes it feels like people delude themselves to feel better about their character getting in. This isn't exclusive to Geno, but I see it happen the most with this particular character.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Ike is literally the best FE character. Like, of all time. He's one of the few FE protagonists that isn't "Let's save the world with friendship!" I mean like, yeah, he definitely still is that to a point but he's so blunt and has like no sense of humor that it's hilarious.

What I'm trying to say is Ike is the best because he's actually a character unlike the rest of the characters present. Though special props to Chrom and Lucina. They're both pretty good for the most part.

Basically Ike is best in and out of Smash and if you say differently you're objectively wrong and you won't change my mind.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The problem is that a lot of their logic is faulty and doesn't always match with reality. That's all. I'm not saying Geno has no chance. He absolutely does, and we would be a fun, unique character. But sometimes it feels like people delude themselves to feel better about their character getting in. This isn't exclusive to Geno, but I see it happen the most with this particular character.
I mean the funny thing is you are also in no space to say what is or isn't faulty logic is the thing.

And the reason this is is because all of our logic could and has potential to be faulty, because we're all trying to predict the outcome of the minds and actions of human beings we are not.

The most unpredictable of creatures....

So, you know.

I'm just saying.

D

Deleted member

Here's my motto for this kinda stuff:

Don't hate,
emulate.
My brother owns both of Ike's games, so I kinda luck out in that regard in having access to 'em.

I think he has most of the western released FEs, now that I think about it...

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I mean the funny thing is you are also in no space to say what is or isn't faulty logic is the thing.

And the reason this is is because all of our logic could and has potential to be faulty, because we're all trying to predict the outcome of the minds and actions of human beings we are not.

The most unpredictable of creatures....

So, you know.

I'm just saying.
Yeah. Fair enough. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
My brother owns both of Ike's games, so I kinda luck out in that regard in having access to 'em.

I think he has most of the western released FEs, now that I think about it...
And if you ask me, he is probably also the Fire Emblem character with the most western appeal

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
I support Agumon dood
People treat me like a delusional kid for more than 10 years now.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ike is literally the best FE character. Like, of all time. He's one of the few FE protagonists that isn't "Let's save the world with friendship!" I mean like, yeah, he definitely still is that to a point but he's so blunt and has like no sense of humor that it's hilarious.
Is the Friendship Ike uses considered a tool or a weapon (and vice versa for the rest of the series) to you?

I support Agumon dood
People treat me like a delusional kid for more than 10 years now.
You ain't gonna be a kid 10 years from now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A lot of people in general seem to have made Geno/Banjo/Isaac fans out to be the bogeymen when like you've said they've sorta just been keeping to themselves since the direct. If anything Steve/Sora/etc. supporters seem way more antagonistic towards them than the other way around, but maybe I'm not looking in the right places.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
Stop trying to treat vague, nebulous "fans of a character" groups as some kind of atomic unit with alignments of good and evil and realize that it's just a bunch of random people on the internet voicing their own opinions autonomously.

"XYZ-fans" are never "antagonistic". Random ****heads who like XYZ are antagonistic and the more fans a character has the more likely that some of these people are ****heads and the more you see them. It's as simple as that.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ike is just Nintendo's Guts and you can't change that for me.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Gonna be real here and I never really admitted it to anyone, I pretty much had a crush on Ike back when I was like 11.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Honestly. I think 25% is generous for a character like Geno. Many of his fans greatly overestimate his chances. Remember how some of them even claimed Geno would make more sense if he was included in the base roster? We all know how that turned out.
I betcha think his fanbase is a Vocal Minority (TM) huh
If not, sorry for making assumptions

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh I’m sure it was mentioned

Sakurai revealed why he picked incineroar over the other sun and moon pokemon

He wanted to try to make a wrestler character and his blessing to the voice actor of professor oak who just passed away recently and ultra sun and ultra moon saved the Pokémon rep as wrll

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Oh look, I inadvertently got people to talk about a character that hasn't gotten a lot of attention otherwise...

You're welcome Ike fans :yoshi:
I'll give Ike all the attention he wants.

Hey, don't look at me like that, you can't possibly have forgotten my post from a few days ago already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom