• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'd just think she'd have the issue of Sakurai would probably want classic Lara and Square would probably try to pawn reboot! Lara off on him.
Like how Capcom wanted them to instead use that impersonator known as Donte aka DINO (Dante In Name Only) for PSASBR who was and never was Dante to begin with having no ties to the character.

Difference is Reboot Lara is worthy of the characters name.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Speaking of classic mode; since every one has a personalized story they better have the credits picture/art reflect the ending of said storyline.
Gotta see Ryu walk on that road.

Though it's less of a story, and just specific fights.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Like how Capcom wanted them to instead use that impersonator known as Donte aka DINO (Dante In Name Only) for PSASBR who was and never was Dante to begin with having no ties to the character.

Difference is Reboot Lara is worthy of the characters name.
Yeah but the problem is the characters name shes worthy of is Nathan Drake. :p

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'd just think she'd have the issue of Sakurai would probably want classic Lara and Square would probably try to pawn reboot! Lara off on him.
She could be a mishmash of both
Kinda like how Smash 4 Roy is a mix of both his Binding Blade design and his Awakening design...
Perhaps reboot Lara's aesthetics, but with the weapons and play style of the original Lara

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Don't mind reboot! Lara, but I feel she lost quite a bit of classic! Lara's charming personality in an attempt to make everything more serious and grounded.

I also hate the reboot's aversion to the dual pistols that were her thing as well in place of a bow and arrow during a time where everyone and their mother was a fictional character who used a bow and arrow.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
It's the Sad Arc currently. Who knows when the true Tots will come back. :drshrug:
I can't wait for the redemption arc.

It's weird how sad people treat sadness by listening to sad music, it's a weird concept.
I treat happiness by listening to sad or peaceful/relaxing music.
Then I get sad because I begin to think too much, and my own thoughts make my sad because of what they're about.
Then I listen to intense music and get hyped back up again.

It's a vicious cycle.
I call it the "Circle of no-Life".

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Sakurai: "Nah, I can't have both Pyrosphere and Ridley playable, and I can't just remove his boss version from the stage"
Also Sakurai: "lol chrom is in robins final smash"
Shame. It would've been amazing to see Ridley show his clone who's the boss, if only to stick it to Other M.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
My guess is Lara would be similar to Snake in setting traps, but having a bow and arrow as a main weapon. I already know it sounds silly because of Bayonetta, but if Snake can't use real guns, then I doubt Lara would use her pistols.

Overall I think her design would be a mix of classic and new Lara. I think that would be a decent direction to go in anyway.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Don't mind reboot! Lara, but I feel she lost quite a bit of classic! Lara's charming personality in an attempt to make every more serious and grounded.

I also hate the reboot's aversion to the dual pistols that were her thing as well in place of a bow and arrow during a time where everyone and their mother was a fictional character who used a bow and arrow.
So you're telling me Hawkeye for Smash?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Wait...Bub and Bob are also owned by Square? Well, **** I didn't know/remember that.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Sakurai: "Nah, I can't have both Pyrosphere and Ridley playable, and I can't just remove his boss version from the stage"
Also Sakurai: "lol chrom is in robins final smash"
If you can prove that Chrom is still being sent out while a Chrom is already fighting on the stage and that Robin's FS isn't replaced with another character, I'll like that post mega hard. Because Chrom being sent out while Chrom's not in battle impacts nothing.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Speaking of listening to music...

I had to stay late at work today to get some stuff done, so I just hooked up my headphones and played Lifelight pretty well on repeat.

That song is AWESOME!!

I am so hyped for Smash at this point. I can’t believe that we’re only a few weeks away!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Do you realize how many echo fighters we could have of a purely bow & arrow user moveset if we allowed in just ONE non-game video game character that used a bow & arrow?

It'd be....

You think swords are a problem?

Woo, boy.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Don't mind reboot! Lara, but I feel she lost quite a bit of classic! Lara's charming personality in an attempt to make everything more serious and grounded.

I love that the recent movie just couldn't wait to give Lara the dual pistols, like the people who made it were frustrated they were being asked to base the movie on the reboot and not the more iconic classic games.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'll take modern Lara and just give her dual pistols. Everything else can stay the same and, y'know, give her a Classic alt.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
They could just as easily tailor Roidley to Ridley's original boss position. Gotta wish hard for that, I guess.
Or he could be replaced by the Ridley clone.

Someone also mentioned him being possibility replaced by Dynablade due to said boss fight being similar to it in Kirby games although I always took it the Ridley boss fight in Brawl was more Master Hand.

Untouch

Smash Master
Does Taito really own the rights to Cooking Mama?
Seems like they just publish the games in Japan.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Petey could very well still show up...
:ultchrom: proved that you can be in both a playable and non playable role at the same time
Not "at the same time", because nobody showed footage of Chrom beating up Chrom yet.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
There are people who hate Cloud? I may have never played a single Final Fantasy game in my life, but even I understand the significance of the character to the franchise itself as well as his influence on the opinion of Western gamers with regards to the RPG genre.
I hope this doesnt change people´s opinion on me but yes I didnt want Cloud in Smash. (I think there are probably more out there). I am fine with him now that he joined but I wasnt exactly thrilled by the idea when I first saw support for him during brawl. My hate mostly stem from how he acted in the KH games and the movies which was the only contact I had with the character. My opinion (edgiest character ever) changed when a friend bought me his game to try it out. My opinion changed completely after playing the game. He is a totally different guy. Anyway, by smash 4, I actually was curious and happy to see the guy.

The years and experiences have taught me that smash caters to many people and everyone has a character that they want. I dont always understand why there is interest for some characters but I stay around and think that there might actually be something of value behind the character. I dont always get it but it is fine since it is imposible to understand every single person in the world. I just go back to the experience with Cloud and move on thinking that I should give people the benefit of the doubt at the very least.

Funnily enough, life went ahead and show me the hard reality. I have met many people (some of those people are friends I play smash in real life) irl that hate the characters I love. Characters I found amusing like Game and watch, ROB, Duck Hunt or Incineroar have detractors. I even know a few people that absolutely hate Pokémon. Knowing that not everything I enjoy is of the like of others, makes me realize that I am not in a better position than any other person on the planet. We all have things that we like, we all have things that we hate.

That is probably why I try to stay away from arguments of disapproval for other characters. I dont know. There are still some characters I dont approve but it is mostly related to what floodgates they open when they join rather than the character themselves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom