• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
There’s official art of Yoshi without the shoes on. Boshi doesn’t wear shoes either.
Still, perhaps the shoes were part of his body, just detached? Kinda like how you can cut off your hair or fingernails but the fact remains that they were part of your body.
Or maybe my theories are just becoming sillier, IDK

Noipoi

Howdy!
So what alts are you guys planning to use for your mains?

I'm usually use Swimsuit Shulk for... personal reasons... but I might have to go with Melia (grey hair) Shulk or Dunban (black hair) Shulk because those look great. I'll also use red Champion's Tunic Link bc it looks metal
:ultincineroar: Black and Grey, though I like default the best
:ultinkling: Purple School Uniform
:ultisabelle: Default
:ultkrool:Default
:ultridley: White Green meta Ridley
:ultpokemontrainer: Leaf
:ultpichu:Team Skull
:ultpikachu:Pikachu Libre (did you notice she was a girl?)
:ultmewtwo:Shadow
:ultcorrin: Toothless

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm usually use Swimsuit Shulk for... personal reasons... but I might have to go with Melia (grey hair) Shulk or Dunban (black hair) Shulk because those look great. I'll also use red Champion's Tunic Link bc it looks metal
I'll be sticking with white/Fiora for Shulk and bumblebee/Hanshin Tigers for Ness.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Something is bothering me. Sakurai posted that there's a secret message about the new trailer when played in reverse. The Japanese website has the trailer playing in reverse but I'm not clever enough to find the secret
Sakurai hid a backmasked message that explains why he considered Katalina to be superior to Geno and Banjo.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I tend to switch around a bit. But I mostly stick to Red/Orange Mega Man and Default Mega Man.

Sticking with Meta Ridley when I use him, even if it's only casual. Light Suit for Samus. Red Daisy. Black and Yellow for Ryu. Not sure for Simon.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord

IDK what my mains will be yet, if I continue to play R.O.B. as my main and Kirby as one of my favorite casual picks, I play the Virtual Boy R.O.B. and the default pink Kirby.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Something is bothering me. Sakurai posted that there's a secret message about the new trailer when played in reverse. The Japanese website has the trailer playing in reverse but I'm not clever enough to find the secret
God, please be a secret character something. Not that I didn't mind having all of the character designs shown, I just would love something surprising to be found in game.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
:ultincineroar: Black and Grey, though I like default the best
:ultinkling: Purple School Uniform
:ultisabelle: Default
:ultkrool:Default
:ultridley: White Green meta Ridley
:ultpokemontrainer: Leaf
:ultpichu:Team Skull
:ultpikachu:Pikachu Libre (did you notice she was a girl?)
:ultmewtwo:Shadow
Purple school uniform is the best skin objectively

Pakky

Smash Hero

Mains
:ultkrool:-Normal (prays for costume DLC)
:ultincineroar:-Shiny version
:ultmewtwo:-normal
:ultinkling:- Original Woomy

2nds
:ultyounglink:-He's too GOD DAMN DANK
:ultridley:-Meta pehaps
:ultpiranha:-lol
:ultpokemontrainer:-Leaf probably

(Pocket Blondes :ultpichu::ultisabelle::ultsimon:)

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

I usually use Swimsuit Shulk for... personal reasons... but I might have to go with Melia (grey hair) Shulk or Dunban (black hair) Shulk because those look great. I'll also use red Champion's Tunic Link bc it looks metal
TP colours for Zelda because I'm a trash for that game.
Flower for Jigglypuff because as far as I'm concerned it's her only alt.
Pink Isabelle
Viridi colours for Palutena

And default for :ultrobin::ultmewtwo::ultness::ultwiifittrainer::ultrichter:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432

I usually use Swimsuit Shulk for... personal reasons... but I might have to go with Melia (grey hair) Shulk or Dunban (black hair) Shulk because those look great. I'll also use red Champion's Tunic Link bc it looks metal
For Mewtwo, I’ll switch between default and the Shadow Lugia recolor (I’m honestly surprised Shadow Mewtwo didn’t make it in since we have Pikachu Libre)

Ridley on the other hand, I don’t know what I’ll pick since all his alts look so good. I’ll probably dabble in all of them and see which ones I like best.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace

I don't know about the others (aside from Inkling) but I'll definitely be using one of the winter Isabelles.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
If there's ever a smash brothers movie, Pikachu should look like how he does in this movie.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Because it's so goooooooooood

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
So this was just posted.

Makes me wonder what if a Super Smash bros live action movie would be like now.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
The biggest mistake I made in Sm4sh was I picked up puff day 1 and solo mained her for about a year.
She ended up being really really bad. So to avoid that mistake now, I've compiled a list of characters I'm going to avoid.

:ultsamus::ultdarksamus:- Dash attack was nerfed, less combos out of throws

:ultbowser:-No more up throw to up air so her has no kill confirms

:ultbowserjr:-Don't even get me started

:ultlink:-Young link does everything better

:ultmegaman:-No more footstool combos which means no more cheap jab locks

:ultvillager:-Villager's good spacing tools were given to Isabelle, but she has better specials, so my boi is kinda pointless

:ultpacman:-Haha

:ultkingdedede:-Hopeful for him but he doesn't look too good

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
What are you so indecisive about?
I said I wanted a name change in a thread, but also didn't want a name change at the same time.

Someone said I just change it to Indecisive Fisher.

I guess I suppose I thought it was a great idea maybe,

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars

Black & Gold Corrin, White Marth, Flower Puff, Purple Zelda, and boy there are a lot of characters I want to play this time around

D

Deleted member

Goku's chances are literally 0. Sakurai outright came out and said he won't put manga characters in Smash. He's dead.
I don't want Goku in Smash either but I have to play devil's advocate here.

Sakurai's statements, aside from contractual obligations, are to be taken as a grain of salt because 1. he's human and is bound to change his opinion on things (like our lovely Bigley and Big Thicc Croc), 2. Nintendo's licensing rights and marketing plans may develop towards new arrangements for the sake of profit and growth.

In regards to 2, I think this is especially prevalent because in the end Smash is one of the most effective marketing tools a company with a long legacy can have. It was at first Nintendo's greatest, it is now Video Game History's greatest, and it may be more than that later.

Perhaps not for Ultimate, perhaps not in the next iteration, but no matter what it is not impossible.

Pakky

Smash Hero
If there's ever a smash brothers movie, Pikachu should look like how he does in this movie.
MY GOD!

My childhood, **** I'm a work you can't do this

:ultpikachu:LOOK AT HOW CUTE HE IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ultgreninja: Look at the boy!

:4charizard::4charizard: YEYEYYEYEYYE

D

Deleted member

:ultinkling:: Pink and purple for girl, sky blue and green for boy.
:ultisabelle:: Whatever blue alt she has.
:ultkrool:: Blue and black.
:ultdarksamus:: The violet looking one. I also really like the white and red.
:ultluigi:: Purple and base green. I'll use the baby blue one a lot too.
:ultwario:: All his alts are pretty much terrible IMO, so base Wario Ware outfit, base overalls, and maybe red and blue overalls.
:ultganondorf:: Blue.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
As weirdly good as that looks, it wouldn’t work in a Smash Bros movie.

The reason all the characters look fine next to each other in a Smash is because they all have a consistent style. So unless they go for a super hyper realistic style, with all the animal-like characters looking like that and all the humans being played by actual humans, it wouldn’t work.

I’d rather have a movie in the same style as the character reveals and that trailer yesterday.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220

:ultinkling: - School Uniform

:ultzelda: - Default

:ultincineroar: - Default

I could keep going, but everyone else would be default

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

Red version of ROB; default Olimar; Ludwig for Bowser Jr and old school alts for Toon Link.

And considering using the black and white version of Piranha Plant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom