• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I like blue, red, purple.

:ultkrool:- Default, Blue
:ultlittlemac:- Hoodie, Red, White, Blue
:ultinkling: - Default M, Agent 3, Purple Boi
:ultfalcon: - Blood Falcon, Default
:ultolimar: - Default, Red
:ultshulk: - Default, Meila.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't want Goku in Smash either but I have to play devil's advocate here.

Sakurai's statements, aside from contractual obligations, are to be taken as a grain of salt because 1. he's human and is bound to change his opinion on things (like our lovely Bigley and Big Thicc Croc), 2. Nintendo's licensing rights and marketing plans may develop towards new arrangements for the sake of profit and growth.

In regards to 2, I think this is especially prevalent because in the end Smash is one of the most effective marketing tools a company with a long legacy can have. It was at first Nintendo's greatest, it is now Video Game History's greatest, and it may be more than that later.

Perhaps not for Ultimate, perhaps not in the next iteration, but no matter what it is not impossible.
Wait...
Are you saying...

There's a chance?

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Who are you guys gonna pick as a secondary character? I'm personally going to try Roy.
Mains: :ultincineroar:(Shiny color):ultpiranha:(Base color):ultduckhunt:(B&K colors):ultpokemontrainer:(Maybe Johto version):ultpikachu:(Pika Libre)
Secondaries::ultpichu:(Ear Notched Pichu):ultjigglypuff:(Nurse):ultlucario:(Realistic colors):ultgreninja:(Shiny color)

I will play :ulticeclimbers: and :ultinkling: for funsies and not serious matches.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
A large part of my heart swooned at Detective Pikachu.

Jesus christ. I'm so glad to see a Nintendo character in a live action movie and the movie doesn't even look awful.

Praise.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Still, perhaps the shoes were part of his body, just detached? Kinda like how you can cut off your hair or fingernails but the fact remains that they were part of your body.
Or maybe my theories are just becoming sillier, IDK
They were just born with shoes on. Plain and simple.

In Dragon Ball when King Piccolo hatches his children some of them are born with clothes on. Clothes have this habit of materializing from nothing in fiction.

So what alts are you guys planning to use for your mains?

I'm usually use Swimsuit Shulk for... personal reasons... but I might have to go with Melia (grey hair) Shulk or Dunban (black hair) Shulk because those look great. I'll also use red Champion's Tunic Link bc it looks metal
:ultridley: Meta-Ridley.

:ultkrool: Blue Kritter.

:ultbowser: Green.

:ultincineroar: Big The Cat.

:ultsonic: Black.

:ultfalcon: Blood Falcon.

:ultzss: Sports Blue.

:ultlucas: Masked Man.

:ultness: Title pattern.

:ultganondorf: Blue Ganon.

D

Deleted member

Wait...
Are you saying...

There's a chance?
I mean, yeah, if that OC somehow becomes renowned enough to have a marked effect on the franchise and whatnot.

I know, I'm answering your joke straight, but it's really how I'd see it to be possible.

D

Deleted member

I mean, yeah, if that OC somehow becomes renowned enough to have a marked effect on the franchise and whatnot.

I know, I'm answering your joke straight, but it's really how I'd see it to be possible.
She... isn't an OC.
She's the ****ing mascot of the franchise
Get your facts straight

Pakky

Smash Hero
A large part of my heart swooned at Detective Pikachu.

Jesus christ. I'm so glad to see a Nintendo character in a live action movie and the movie doesn't even look awful.

Praise.
What a time to be alive.

20 years.

And the Mr.Mime bit was great.

I hate theaters but I might go see this.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I wonder if more of the playable Pokémon from Smash Bros will appear in this movie. We have Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Greninja, Charizard and Squirtle (in a poster at least) so far.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I wonder if more of the playable Pokémon from Smash Bros will appear in this movie. We have Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Greninja, Charizard and Squirtle (in a poster at least).
Mewtwo... might appear in it. Which might be pretty interesting.

D

Deleted member

So what alts are you guys planning to use for your mains?

I usually use Swimsuit Shulk for... personal reasons... but I might have to go with Melia (grey hair) Shulk or Dunban (black hair) Shulk because those look great. I'll also use red Champion's Tunic Link bc it looks metal
Black and White :ultkingdedede:
Purple :ultisabelle:
Crafty :ultyoshi:
Purple:ultlucario:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I really want this movie to do good at the box office. This along with the Mario movie could decide whether or not Nintendo continue to experiment in the movie industry with other franchises.

I mean, could you imagine a live-action Metroid movie? That's a movie I think people would genuinely be interested in, regardless of whether or not they play the games.

D

Deleted member

I’d say Mewtwo is likely to pop up at some point. It would generate quite a bit of hype seeing Mewtwo in live action.
Just as long as it has the modern design and not the ugly-ass design they used in Melee
that **** was ****ing disgusting

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
A live action Smash would be a mess unless they really limited cast: a 70+ character extravaganza could just about work for a game (barely), but wouldn't fly in a film which people usually expect to have more coherent plots.

... Would still love to see what all the cast looks like in live action, though. Yes, even Wario. Especially Wario.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I’d say Mewtwo is likely to pop up at some point. It would generate quite a bit of hype seeing Mewtwo in live action.
I hope he's just a big asshole

Like a really big Garfield.

A big ornery cat, classic = best film of the year.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A live action Smash would be a mess unless they really limited cast: a 70+ character extravaganza could just about work for a game (barely), but wouldn't fly in a film which people usually expect to have more coherent plots.

... Would still love to see what all the cast looks like in live action, though. Yes, even Wario. Especially Wario.
I want it animated

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
If there's ever a smash brothers movie, Pikachu should look like how he does in this movie.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Because it's so goooooooooood
I'm actually surprised at how amazing the Pokémon look in live action, this coming from a huge Pokémon fan. Especially Pikachu, he's just adorable! And Mr. Mime at the end made me chuckle!

D

Deleted member

Just remove the Third Parties and it'd still work. Still got nearly 70 characters.
hell I'd watch it even if it only had the og 8

wait

First a Mario movie... and then a Pokemon movie... and I'm assuming a Zelda movie will follow if those two are good...

Nintendo cinematic universe confirmed with Smash Bros. as the "Avengers" of the franchise

honestly I'd be down with that

Pakky

Smash Hero

:ultbayonetta:: hey guys what's up

RATED PG-13

:ultbayonetta:I brought Jeanne

RATED R

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

wait

First a Mario movie... and then a Pokemon movie... and I'm assuming a Zelda movie will follow if those two are good...

Nintendo cinematic universe confirmed with Smash Bros. as the "Avengers" of the franchise

What we need is a crossover with Kirby, the Last Smasher and Rocket, the Last Guardian teaming up to save everyone from Galeem's and Thanos' clutches.

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars

wait

yo get ready for a Fast and the Furious style F-Zero movie and a Star Wars knockoff Star Fox movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom