• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

oh yea, don't get it twisted I know Nintendo isn't the reason we have a whopping two songs from Final Fantasy and Cloud not getting any promotional material

this is just an argument that could be made to appease people who are dissatisfied with their favorite character's contributions to the trailer
And then Zinith says

Also, to anyone trying to respond to by saying "X character is not used in promotion either" save your breath
Rise Up Yoshi fans

Noipoi

Howdy!
I assume everyone has read Sakurai's statement about no manga characters.

However, there is one inconsistence. I'm not saying I don't believe Sakurai's statement, but for the record, didn't Legend of Zelda get a manga?
Mangas based on video games don't count as long as the video game came first.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Got a game for us to play. Here's a list of notable Nintendo franchises that didn't receive a unique newcomer.

:ultlink::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultmarth::ultpit::ultshulk:

List these franchises from most to least likely to get a DLC character (and before anyone tries to point out that this doesn't narrow down who we could get, I already know. I just want to see what everyone thinks).

For example, here's mine:

:ultkirby::ultlink::ultshulk::ultmarth::ultfox::ultyoshi::ultpit:
I'm gonna throw in my two cents.

:ultkirby::ultshulk::ultmarth::ultlink::ultpit::ultyoshi::ultfox:

B. Dee's possible, or any Kirby boss that's popular enough.
Elma's still got a shot, or another major XBC1 or XBC2 character.
FE's got a new game coming out, could potentially pull another Roy/Corrin.
Zelda's popular, but we've gone this long without a brand new character so I'm not banking on it.
KI's got a ton to pull from just because of Uprising alone.
Yoshi's got....Poochy I guess.
I doubt we're getting Andross or Slippy and Krystal's an AT.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
I just realized Yoshi is naked...

Its made worse do to the shoes...

:ultkrool::ultpacman::ultyoshi::ultsonic::ultbayonetta:...

Call the police

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know, Ash-Greninja being :ultgreninja:'s Final Smash raises a question: could characters like Captain N or even Escargoon happen?

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
I just watched a bunch of Incineroar matches. He didn't win a single one.

I'm scared lads.
I've been doing the same thing.
Yeah, I guess I should wait until people get used to his unique play style first.
I just don't want him to be bad because I want to play him all the time, but I also don't want to lose all the time.
If there's one thing I actually don't like about his moveset, it's his recovery. He has not one but two recovery options, and still he never makes it back to the stage. I'm worried.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I've been doing the same thing. Ate pe

If there's one thing I actually don't like about his moveset, it's his recovery. He has not one but two recovery options, and still he never makes it back to the stage. I'm worried.
His recovery makes me cringe. If you get him far enough from the stage he's dead, that's it.
I'm gonna have to be careful.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Yeah, I guess I should wait until people get used to his unique play style first.
I just don't want him to be bad because I want to play him all the time, but I also don't want to lose all the time.
At least Inklings look pretty good - and people probably haven't got fully used to their play style, either.

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
You know, Ash-Greninja being :ultgreninja:'s Final Smash raises a question: could characters like Captain N or even Escargoon happen?
so I think the big difference is that Ash Greninja had a major role in a video game, whereas Escargoon had a cameo appearance in one Kirby game and Captain N...

well, he'd probably be the most WTF character justifiable, but I don't know anything if he was in a video jame or not

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
She is technically naked. Her clothing is....HAIR..

Be honest, going naked is MUCH better than covering yourself with your own hair. DISGUSTING.
You shush. My girl probably has a shower filled with the finest of hair care products. She's probably got the cleanest hair of any human.

I'm just imagining Bayonetta and Jeanne going to a money counseling seminar and the counselor being all ''It says here you use 12, 000 dollars in hair care products. Each."

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
You shush. My girl probably has a shower filled with the finest of hair care products. She's probably got the cleanest hair of any human.

I'm just imagining Bayonetta and Jeanne going to a money counseling seminar and the counselor being all ''It says here you use 12, 000 dollars in hair care products. Each."
What are you so indecisive about?

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
She is technically naked. Her clothing is....HAIR..

Be honest, going naked is MUCH better than covering yourself with your own hair. DISGUSTING.
Bayonetta's not the only one covering herself with her own hair

edit - seductive_donkey_kong_cg.jpg

SmashBoards AKA the eater of images

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hmm, that's a tricky one! Probably Incineroar, as Inkling or Zelda will be my primary mains.
That's tough for me as well. I know Mega Man's my main dude. But who my back up will be is honestly gonna be left to who's fun to fight with.

Maybe Ridley, or a really fast character like Ken.

Pakky

Smash Hero

Best couple, put JEANNE IN SMASH D:<

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Got a game for us to play. Here's a list of notable Nintendo franchises that didn't receive a unique newcomer.

:ultlink::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultmarth::ultpit::ultshulk:

List these franchises from most to least likely to get a DLC character (and before anyone tries to point out that this doesn't narrow down who we could get, I already know. I just want to see what everyone thinks).

For example, here's mine:

:ultkirby::ultlink::ultshulk::ultmarth::ultfox::ultyoshi::ultpit:
in order of most likely to least:
:ultkirby: I can see kirby getting a new char. He has many a lot of great options especially if you have seen all the playable characters in start allies.
:ultmarth:I may not be a fire emblem fan but I wouldnt be surprised if they got a new char. It would be nice if the carácter wasnt a swordsman for once though.
:ultshulk:I am a bit shocked they havent received anything. There seems to be a big vocal fandom begging for more.
:ultpit:I could see this franchise getting a new char. There are still missing a few chars taht could be used for such event.
:ultfox: Not that likely but I hope that if they get a newcomer, it doesnt have to be derivative of Fox for once. Something fresh would be cool.
:ultlink: Why is LoZ down here? Because most of the popular characters are already deconfirmed. I can only think of the BotW heroes as the only options left. (and Impa if they can think of a non echo moveset)
:ultyoshi:Most of the characters are in a pretty awkward spot. With only one true option on my mind, Poochy is like the only single choice I can see happening.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
If their not giving my boi any attention in promotion leading up to release relative to his actual recognition and influence, why should I (or anyone else for that matter) expect the same in-game, which if the Story Mode trailer is anything to go by, seems to be the case...
I feel like Yoshi's getting tons of love this time! From remaking all of his animations to make him more expressive, adding a Crafted Yoshi skin, Egg Throw bouncing off the ground, and changing his victory animations. I feel pretty satisfied with Yoshi this time.

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
Something is bothering me. Sakurai posted that there's a secret message about the new trailer when played in reverse. The Japanese website has the trailer playing in reverse but I'm not clever enough to find the secret

D

Deleted member

So what alts are you guys planning to use for your mains?

I usually use Swimsuit Shulk for... personal reasons... but I might have to go with Melia (grey hair) Shulk or Dunban (black hair) Shulk because those look great. I'll also use red Champion's Tunic Link bc it looks metal

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom