• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
God, please be a secret character something. Not that I didn't mind having all of the character designs shown, I just would love something surprising to be found in game.
I dont think its a new character, Im not sure what it is. Maybe its a hint about spirits mode or something? I can't really tell what theyre trying to convey by playing it backwards

D

Deleted member

I'm actually surprised at how amazing the Pokémon look in live action, this coming from a huge Pokémon fan. Especially Pikachu, he's just adorable! And Mr. Mime at the end made me chuckle!
A few of them still feel like they fell into the uncanny valley (psyduck in particular) but they look real enough without sacrificing the Pokemon feel, and it works pretty well.
Also I'm not sure why I never imagined Pikachu being that fuzzy but it makes sense in hindsight.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Waiting for the inevitable Zelda movie to look bad so I can make as many damn CD-i jokes as I want.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I actually love that Detective Pikachu trailer. They captured a real life Pokemon world really well.

And seeing how the Pokemon didn't look horrifically out of place, I'm really excited to potentially see some of my favorites.

Noipoi

Howdy!
A Wario movie though? Just some crazy comedy about a douchebag roping his friends into making games and going on a treasure hunt.
You could combine the Wario Land and Wario Ware premises for this.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Waiting for the inevitable Zelda movie to look bad so I can make as many damn CD-i jokes as I want.
If they **** that up after making real life pokemon look halfway decent then I'm going to be SO damn sad.

D

Deleted member

If the Mario movie doesn't have Charles Martinet I'm suing Illumination for fraud

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Also, I think we can all agree on Xenoblade would make a great live-action movie.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I though Zelda might have a Netflix series.... Or was it just a rumour without anyone confirming/Deconfirming it yet

Pakky

Smash Hero
A Wario movie though? Just some crazy comedy about a douchebag roping his friends into making games and going on a treasure hunt.
You could combine the Wario Land and Wario Ware premises for this.
Captain Syrup

Rated DONG for EXPANDING it ...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So while Detective Pikachu looks alright, I'm going to have the image of Mr. Mime suck in my head all day.

He may never leave.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
So any of you guys have a clue why Sakurai posted a reversed ad?
I think I have a cluuuu~uue.. :)
Microsoft rep is going to be Tim form Braid :D
Only he can rewind like this.
Well, you've heard it first from me :)

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I object to Brie Larson as Samus only on the basis that Uma Thurman would be better in every way possible.

Yes I know she's almost 50.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So what alts are you guys planning to use for your mains?
Be wary, my way of deciding my "mains" is very loose.

Lessee, in terms of my veteran mains:
:ultrob: = Always been a fan of the Bee colour. Will keep using it.
:ultsheik: = Impa or Black costumes were great, though I'm not sure if the former is the same.
:ultbowser: = Blue is probably my fave Bowser skin aside from default.
:ultdoc: = I'm pretty big on the Red and Yellow, aside from the fan fave Black.
:ultganondorf: = Actually kinda think his Old Ganondad skin got ruined by his younger and less square Ocarina look. I'll try his default Ganon Blueskin a few times, but also a bit iffy on that.
:ultgnw: = Light Blue has always been my favorite ever since it was introduced. I hope the other skins will look less boring this time around.
:ultzss: = I'm a sucker for Pink.
:ultpokemontrainer: = Any female trainer skin, really. Probably mainly the Emerald inspired one because 3rd gen is my Nostalgia bait. (Squirtle is one of my Brawl mains)
:ulttoonlink: = Classic look is a must for me. Gotta love those brown sleeves.
:ultwolf: = I'm a sucker for Pink.
:ultbowserjr: = Either Larry or Ludvig, the latter is my favorite Koopaling, and former secondmost.
:ultryu: = Orange or get out.
:ultroy: = I will always go Gold with my boi.

And for the alleged newcomer mains:
:ultinkling: = I'll be boring and say Schoolgirl outfit. But I also like the Hero Uniform (yellow) and Splat2 inspired (Pink) ones, so they'll get some plays.
:ultisabelle: = Pink Summer Vest. Gotta make the gud girl fancy.
:ultpiranha: = I'm torn, but probably most lenient towards Green, Yellow, Black, and Light Blue. All of them are great tbh.
:ultridley: = Super Metroid Boxart (Red) and Gold speak to me. Oh and Zero Mission MechaRidley as well of course.
:ultdarksamus: = Weird Grotesque Pink is gonna be fun to check out.
:ultsimon: = Red with Brown Hair seems to look the most like his NES sprite. Unless something else in-game overtakes it, that'll be my best bet.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I dont think its a new character, Im not sure what it is. Maybe its a hint about spirits mode or something? I can't really tell what theyre trying to convey by playing it backwards
Just rechecked, apparently it was a severe mistranslation. He just says you can watch it backwards lol. Nothing about hints

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
lmfaooooooooooooooooooooooooo Microsoft acknowledged Advance Wars exists whereas Nintendo gets rid of the Advance Wars Assist Trophy. God that's hilarious
Is this in reference to Wargroove?

And yes AW gets more love from Microsoft than Nintendo apparently. They should buy the series.

...on second thought no. I don't want Advance Wars: Nuts & Bolts.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Hold up...the rewind effect crafts the picture together, and the normal video mines the picture up into an active battle.

MINECRAFT CONFIRMED!

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
For Mega Man X: :ultfalco::ultincineroar::ultkrool::ultbowser::ultdk::ultwolf::ultinkling::ultridley:

They'd be vaguely based on bosses from his series, not just one game. Storm Eagle, Neon Tiger, Wheel Gator, Rainy Turtloid, Spark Mandrill, Blizzard Wolfang, Squid Alder, Magma Dragoon.

So maybe a Purple colored Falco starts out with a Jetpack and the Gust Bellows for example. And the stage is Pilotwings.
I could see this being a super cool concept for X-themed Spirit battles. :ultganondorf: could be Sigma, and you both have to fight each other with Beam-swords on Final Destination or Wily's Castle.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
OH my Jesus that movie looked so well done.
I'm impressed. I did not imagine it would be for the type of audience that would see Ted 3, but here you have it.
I'm home sick and I'm off the wall with excitement.

Thank you smashboards, I dont think you have given me this much joy in months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom