• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
B-but Miyamoto answered a question about it again after Hey! Pikmin's release, saying it was being worked on or something :urg:

"Hey! Pikmin" makes me think of a Pikmin version of "Hey You, Pikachu!"
We must hold onto hope for 4

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
This. I like Edelgard's design, but I think Robin is really underappreciated. They represent Fire Emblem well, use more than just a sword, and even with a sword, it feels ****ing good when you hit with the Levin Sword. It legit bugs me when people lump in Robin with the Marth clones.
The Marth clones and Ike.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Wii U had amazing games...but was a **** console with amazing games
Lucky for me, most of said amazing games moved on to the Switch (though all I need left are Super Mario 3D World and Rainbow Curse.

This. I like Edelgard's design, but I think Robin is really underappreciated. They represent Fire Emblem well, use more than just a sword, and even with a sword, it feels ****ing good when you hit with the Levin Sword. It legit bugs me when people lump in Robin with the Marth clones.
Yeah, at least Robin uses magic. The sword is only incidental. Corrin though...

CaptainMac

Smash Cadet
Alright, I've got a hypothetical for all of you. Suppose you guys get your Most-Wanted, but you must choose one of the following:

1. Every day from now on until the Fighter's Pack bundle is released, you must accept a laugh track. You can choose any laugh track, and everyone within earshot of you will hear it. Example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E32I4Biu2bE&t=0m40s

2. Sans is now a Family Guy character, and there is a new episode every single week. You are forced to watch those episodes until the Fighter's Pack bundle is released. Miss one episode and the deal is off.View attachment 176776

Pick your poison.
I would do either one if it meant getting Muddy Mole in Smash.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
As of a few days ago, Ike became a Marth clone because...?
No, he's saying that Ike isn't a Marth clone, because the previous comment implied that all the other FE characters are Marth clones.

Though, I would like to mention Corrin isn't a Marth clone.
He's just a bad character.

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
D

Deleted member

No, he's saying that Ike isn't a Marth clone, because the previous comment implied that all the other FE characters are Marth clones.
I'm aware of what he was trying to say. I'm just making fun of the people that call Ike a clone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
It's not exactly perfect, but it's a tier list based on the settings that took placed from the games and/or how dangerous the settings that the characters are in:

View attachment 176780
The Mario universe characters ARE the danger. Imagine what would happen if my boi has even the slightest case of the munchies...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Axe's should be fine as is. having wider swings than swords and the like. But throwing them like Tomahawks for their projectile could spice things up more.

If we're talking about unique weapons, what Nintendo character has some Nunchucks?

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Axe's should be fine as is. having wider swings than swords and the like. But throwing them like Tomahawks for their projectile could spice things up more.

If we're talking about unique weapons, what Nintendo character has some Nunchucks?
Reckless Wiimote Man

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Reminder that Cloud is one of the only two characters in Smash that is a mook, with the second one being Piranha Plant.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Umm...

Those ninjas from Super Mario Land?

Maybe even Shy Guys in the upcoming Yoshi game?

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I haven't read every page so it might've already been posted, but past just Zero's impressions, this chart amalgamates his with Nairo's, Abadango's, Marcbri's, and Dabuz'.

As someone who has one character in average, two in strong, and then five in the top two, I'd be all smiles with this.
I'm bored. I'll comment on this not-official, too early to mean anything tierlist...

Lucario has always been near the top, but never top tier. That's its curse. So close to the stars, never breaks the stratosphere.
Wolf bettere be a real contender.
Loving Pit's low placement. All the more satisfying to win with him.
Jigglypuff's low, where it belongs.
I can't see Inkling actually being that high.
I'm assuming Ken has less practical power compared to Ryu. Funny how they are on polar opposite ends.

D

Deleted member

Reminder that Cloud is one of the only two characters in Smash that is a mook, with the second one being Piranha Plant.
Oh god you're right. God I hate this
Same note: I personally hate that Cloud evolved into a brooding ultra-badass when in FFVII he was this dorky wannabe who only thought he was an ultra-badass.

Last edited by a moderator:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
>"DURR MORTH STINKEE! NO LIKE SWORDS!"
>"HEE HEE, ME LIKE FUNNI ANIMAL AND BUFF PUNCHY-BOY"

The Smash fanbase in a nutshell. Thankfully, the Pokemon and Mario defense force don't brown nose their franchises as often. Remember that in Sm4sh? it's always something like, "Yeah but Pokemon and Mario are relevant and sell more! So they deserve more reps!" Stupid logic like that.

KiBom

Smash Journeyman

The Smash fanbase in a nutshell. Thankfully, the Pokemon and Mario defense force don't brown nose their franchises as often. Remember that in Sm4sh? it's always something like, "Yeah but Pokemon and Mario are relevant and sell more! So they deserve more reps!" Stupid logic like that.
...how does that logic not make sense?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Same note: I personally hate that Cloud evolved into a brooding ultra-badass when in FFVII he was this dorky wannabe who only thought he was an ultra-badass.
You and me both. Cloud's actual character and story is way better than what people think his character and story is.

I realized around last year some time that Final Fantasy VII really is that good.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Okay, so; Graizen Graizen asked for an Agumon moveset, and I'm willing to deliver.

Almost all of his :GCA: Attacks are Claw Attacks, Bites and Kicks, though a couple make use of the Battle Hawk.

As for his Specials,
Neutral Special: Pepper Breath (JP: Baby Flame); Agumon shoots a fireball from his mouth; this attack can be charged up, after a brief charging period, it becomes Triple Pepper Breath, shooting three fireballs. At Maximum Charge, the attack becomes Pepper Burner (JP: Baby Burner), this version is larger and much more powerful, but also does a small amount of recoil damage. The attack cannot be charged in the Air, but can be angled instead.
Side Special: Cross Fight; Agumon lunges forward and bites anyone unlucky enough to get in the way.
Up Special: Uppercut; exactly what it sounds like.
Down Special: Evolution; a charging move like Cloud's Limit Break. Agumon has a gauge which, when filled, allows him to temporarily evolve into Greymon. This attack cannot be used in the air.

Greymon is larger and more powerful, but much slower; he doesn't have Smash Attacks, but the basic attacks he does have are damaging enough as it is, they involve bites and tail sweeps. Greymon has until the gauge empties to do his stuff.
When playing as Greymon, his Specials become:
Neutral Special: Mega Flame; shoots a large fireball. If the attack button is tapped instead of held, it becomes Bit Fire, shooting three fast fireballs instead of one.
Side Special: Great Antler; rushes forward with his head down, hits multiple times before launching.
Up Special: Great Horn Attack; leaps and swings his horn upwards
Down Special: Fire Wall; creates a barrier of flame, this barrier will stop projectiles and damage those it touches, though it eats into the evolution gauge slightly faster.

Agumon's Final Smash is WarGreymon; who uses Gaia Force to attack from the background (think a firey Spirit Bomb).

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
Alright, I've got a hypothetical for all of you. Suppose you guys get your Most-Wanted, but you must choose one of the following:

1. Every day from now on until the Fighter's Pack bundle is released, you must accept a laugh track. You can choose any laugh track, and everyone within earshot of you will hear it. Example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E32I4Biu2bE&t=0m40s

2. Sans is now a Family Guy character, and there is a new episode every single week. You are forced to watch those episodes until the Fighter's Pack bundle is released. Miss one episode and the deal is off.View attachment 176776

Pick your poison.
Poisons? Unless I really like poison for some reason, these both sound like gold to me!

You mean I get to have 2B in Smash, AND finally have someone laugh at my horrible unfunny jokes any and every time I tell one? I could become the first successful comedian without an audience!

Having Sans in Family Guy isn't so bad either. I mean, I don't like them together, but at least now this means Family guy is indirectly on a Nintendo console.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
From a business perspective, yes. That's not my argument though. I'm talking about the Mario/Pokemon Defense Squad who un-ironically supported the notion that those two franchises can and should dilute the roster with their reps, over-representation be damned. Nowadays, that group has calmed down and I'm seeing a lot of people who'd rather not have another Pokemon and Fire Emblem rep.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Was the luminous project an engine?.. (googled).. oh ok, a new AAA studio. It seems it wasn't the repurposing but more like it was out of Tabata's ability as his division was responsible for movies and videos plus games. Steering all the way to purely large scaled games is what I think made the call (either him or they). AS for Belgium stance, I really respect that, and would encourage it too. Square had an option btw, but nope, apparently their sneaky practice won't worth abiding the law. I wish more governments take a similar stance, sometimes those companies need to be reminded where to stop.

This will probably tell you everything you need about Slime/s (and his final smash, Slimein Tank).
I agree more countries should take a stand against all these mirco transactions. Maybe then company's like EA will stop getting carried away. Also even the English VA's have made fun of Final Fantasy a New Empire in panel discussions, as its the sore point of FF15. Unfortunately Square let their greed get to them, so Belgium taking this stance is understandable.

Mmmm honestly the whole time I was watching the video, I was wondering if Kirby inhaled Slime what would he look like lol. That aside, I still think I prefer Jade from DQ11. Plus if Jade got in, and Edelgard from Fire Emblem Three Houses got in that would be the first time we had two female DLC's (If you don't count Corrin as Corrin can be male or female). Plus one would wield a naginata and the other an axe, that sounds kind cool to me. That said Slime seem's interesting enough. Im kind of into those super weird anime characters (Bobo) so I can see myself getting into Slime.

Here's some other of my favorite music, that I think you'll like.

Okami Kushi Ride

Tadakatsu Honda Theme

Akuma's Theme, really hope this make it in Smash Ultimate. BTW (if you play Akuma's theme and Gouken's theme at the right moments they sound amazing together)

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
What’s this about Ike being a Marth clone?
It's usually used as a joke that since Ike's weapon is a sword and has blue hair, it is therefore "Marth Clone". Although there are some that probably took it seriously.

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion

mario deserves more reps actually. more than pokemon does

anyone bothered by there being ten pokemon in the roster? no, just me?

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
As much as I agree that having a Pokémon newcomer makes sense, I still really wish there was a Human Pokémon Newcomer that actually fights.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
I think the word "deserve" shouldn't be used. I think "justified" is better. Mario and Pokemon are big, flagship series that are well-known, so more representation will appeal to more people. Having, for example, 6 Kid Icarus characters sounds strange because modern-day Kid Icarus only has one game and it also isn't as popular as Mario or Pokemon. It's not necessarily that it isn't "deserving" (which makes it sound inferior), it's just that it's not justified for where it stands in the grand scheme of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom