• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Someone else knows what matters. When I first saw that move, the range nerf was the first thing I thought of. Maybe I'm a terrible person...
Doesn't make you a terrible person. I had no idea the animation would be considered "racist" and it didn't cross my mind (possibly because I didn't know of the original game until the controversy). But I was keeping my eye out for G&W's buffs/nerfs instead of looking for something to complain about.

D

Deleted member

The "ballooning" effect does have me a bit worried though. If characters get launched so quickly, wouldn't that make it harder to combo?
AFAIK the balloon knockback only happens on hits that would otherwise knock your opponent far enough that a follow-up would be impossible anyway.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Alright, I've got a hypothetical for all of you. Suppose you guys get your Most-Wanted, but you must choose one of the following:

1. Every day from now on until the Fighter's Pack bundle is released, you must accept a laugh track. You can choose any laugh track, and everyone within earshot of you will hear it. Example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E32I4Biu2bE&t=0m40s

2. Sans is now a Family Guy character, and there is a new episode every single week. You are forced to watch those episodes until the Fighter's Pack bundle is released. Miss one episode and the deal is off.
Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 10.13.33 PM.png

Pick your poison.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yuri Kozukata is Today's Item:

"The protagonist of the Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water game is now an assist trophy. If she gets you with her Camera Obscura you'll be paralyzed for a short time, so watch out!"
Mario's hand is too ****ing big and I don't like it

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Sakurai's choosing the wrong characters then... There are a lot of Axe and Lance users in Fire Emblem, and I'm surprised one hasn't gotten into Smash yet
If they add Edelgard from Fire Emblem Three Houses, she would be an axe user. And I think her chances of being part of the Fighters Pass are very high.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Alright, I've got a hypothetical for all of you. Suppose you guys get your Most-Wanted, but you must choose one of the following:

1. Every day from now on until the Fighter's Pack bundle is released, you must accept a laugh track. You can choose any laugh track, and everyone within earshot of you will hear it. Example:

2. Sans is now a Family Guy character, and there is a new episode every single week. You are forced to watch those episodes until the Fighter's Pack bundle is released. Miss one episode and the deal is off.View attachment 176776

Pick your poison.
I'd choose 1. The laughtrack would be pretty funny, to be honest

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Honestly with the added Villager skins and the G&W change (at least in America) I'm really happy with Nintendo, especially considering those were real simple, obvious changes (we've had non-white villagers in Animal Crossing for a couple years and the G&W sprite was already alterted for the GBA port).
On that note, the bandit sprites amuse me, it's almost like the fort gets attacked by skinheads. :p

Yeah, Maiden of Black Water wasn't exactly great. Maybe the series can get a second wind on Switch. It'd fit well
With any luck, the AT will get people curious.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I believe so, although certain franchises (The Frog for Whom the Bell Tolls, Joy Mech Fight) were never rated outside of Japan...
I think it's obvious that those two games that you mentioned are not really mature
If they add Edelgard from Fire Emblem Three Houses, she would be an axe user. And I think her chances of being part of the Fighters Pass are very high.
I'm hoping she gets in... she'd be pretty fun...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

2. Sans is now a Family Guy character, and there is a new episode every single week. You are forced to watch those episodes until the Fighter's Pack bundle is released. Miss one episode and the deal is off.View attachment 176776

Pick your poison.
I'll take the Laugh Track.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Doesn't make you a terrible person. I had no idea the animation would be considered "racist" and it didn't cross my mind (possibly because I didn't know of the original game until the controversy). But I was keeping my eye out for G&W's buffs/nerfs instead of looking for something to complain about.
You mean you're not living everyday looking for a reason to get angry at something?

*le gasp*

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529

Pick your poison.
Ill do both for my most wanted. Go hard or go home.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824

Pick your poison.
Yep, this one's going in.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Same here. Bought the 3DS version, never looked back (mostly because the Wii U console didn't seem like something worth purchasing, considering…).
Wii U had amazing games...but was a **** console with amazing games

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
I think it's obvious that those two games that you mentioned are not really mature

I'm hoping she gets in... she'd be pretty fun...
Agree despite my initial protest of having more hero's from Fire Emblem. I feel Edelgard's
axe moves would be unique enough to be really enjoyable. Im actually hoping she is part of the Fighters pass just to see how she would play like.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Imagine if they did put an axe-wielding Edelgard in Smash only for her to have a gameplay style that revolves around swinging around a powerful disjoint for 90% of her moves anyway. Then we'll realize that Robin, despite being "another sword wielder", was actually way more unique then any standard infantry lancer or axemen would have been.

Dannish

Smash Apprentice

Pick your poison.
You act as if this is a difficult choice. I take the laugh track.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Pick your poison.
When I was 12 I watched every single episode of Family Guy up to that point.
I'm immune now. I'll do it for Ashley.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Say that again after six months with one.

Audience: :laugh:
Eh, I grew up watching those dumb Disney sitcoms and the old Scooby Doo cartoons which had them every second, I'd get use to it
*Audience laughs*

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

Pick your poison.
2 because it isn’t even poison.

I’ve never even watched an episode of Family Guy fully through, just clips, but I’d watch every single episode if they featured Sans. It’d be so ****ing surreal and funny.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Eh, I grew up watching those dumb Disney sitcoms and the old Scooby Doo cartoons which had them every second, I'd get use to it
*Audience laughs*
Okay, then,

Instead of an Audience laugh track, it's just Tidus who laughs at you.

HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH!

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Tabata was the creative director and was in charge of the Lumninous project, by him leaving all of that money they put in the luminous project they lost a portion of it( if im not mistaken). Luminous is still in Square's possession, but they are now repurposing it for other projects. I almost positive Square's stock is going to take a hit. If that wasn't enough Square's game DIssidia NT sold so poorly they are releasing it for free to draw interest. Then their mobile game KIngdom Hearts X union was banned from Belgium( this isn't that big of a hit, but still). All of these things happening together may cause investors to question Square's practices and they may lose some stock.

Hmmm I guess I would have to see how he plays, maybe after seeing it ill join the hype train. The way your describing Slime and its potential move-set sounds interesting though. Haha yeah try not to dive to deep, people to this day are still convinced the purple and yellow chairs meant Waluigi or Skull kid were confirmed. Iv learned to try not to look that deep in the speculation side, when its starts getting to conspiracy stuff. I actully would be kind of hyped for Jade though, she would be the first naginata wielding character.

Disney can be a wild card in trying to predict what they will do. I mean them firing James Gunn after being so careful in their Marvel franchise decisions comes as a bit of a surprise. They can be strict when it comes to their actors and directors. And yet lenient in their game characters, such as allowing Square to take creative control of Sora. And not making any decisions regarding him without consent of Nomura and Square. Its hard to say what they are up to, but what we can say is they are always trying to make the best deal.
Was the luminous project an engine?.. (googled).. oh ok, a new AAA studio. It seems it wasn't the repurposing but more like it was out of Tabata's ability as his division was responsible for movies and videos plus games. Steering all the way to purely large scaled games is what I think made the call (either him or they). AS for Belgium stance, I really respect that, and would encourage it too. Square had an option btw, but nope, apparently their sneaky practice wasn't worth abiding the law. I wish more governments take a similar stance, sometimes those companies need to be reminded where to stop.

This will probably tell you everything you need about Slime/s (and his final smash, Schlimein Tank).

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Imagine if they did put an axe-wielding Edelgard in Smash only for her to have a gameplay style that revolves around swinging around a powerful disjoint for 90% of her moves anyway. Then we'll realize that Robin, despite being "another sword wielder", was actually way more unique then any standard infantry lancer or axemen would have been.
This is exactly what I don't get about people who want an axe user, but don't have any idea how they'd actually implement it.
Like, the axe is a tool you use to swing in large arcing blows, which every other swordsman already does, especially Ike.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Okay, then,

Instead of an Audience laugh track, it's just Tidus who laughs at you.

HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH!
Or even better... everything pauses for a bit to let the Seinfield jingle play
That would drive me up the wall

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
It's not exactly perfect, but it's a tier list based on the settings that took placed from the games and/or how dangerous the settings that the characters are in:

Setting Pictures of cahracters.png

Last edited:

Sysreq

Smash Ace
This. I like Edelgard's design, but I think Robin is really underappreciated. They represent Fire Emblem well, use more than just a sword, and even with a sword, it feels ****ing good when you hit with the Levin Sword. It legit bugs me when people lump in Robin with the Marth clones.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
This is exactly what I don't get about people who want an axe user, but don't have any idea how they'd actually implement it.
Like, the axe is a tool you use to swing in large arcing blows, which every other swordsman already does, especially Ike.
It's a standard case of people not knowing what the hell they want. They never think things through because they're too blinded by their own bias. Remember, there exists a crowd out there who thinks chandeliers, possessed swords, and jingle-jangle dragons are "stupid, overdesigned pieces of ****" while their piles of sludge, magnets, and upside-down explode-y balls are god's gift from above.

Flyboy

Smash Hero

Pick your poison.
I'll take option 2. It'd be just weird enough for me to still find amusement in it, even if Family Guy bad. Plus this means the impossible will become a reality and my childhood dreams will come true, so that's cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom