• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NineS

Smash Lord
Then I'd be Agu-gone.
You'd say no to Bob Ross Agumon?

I'd call him Bob Agumon after Bob Ross.
Does he make happy little trees in Ms paint?
Now you two've really got it.
It works. It makes him look easy enough to animate. I wouldn't have an issue with funny hats/hair for his alts. I'd like colors based upon his official alts instead, but I'm not that picky. As much as I love ToyAgumon, getting Agumon in alone is amazing~
Yeah, jokes aside, I'd honestly die of happiness of we got Agumon as well. Might be hard to tell on the surface, but I actually hold a lot of fond memories and nostalgia towards Digimon. Agumon would be a 10/10 of a namco rep.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd root for Sylux. More Metroid is always awesome!
He's got some cool gimmicks going for him. The main two being able to place electric mines while in his alt form(his version of Samus' Morph Ball). And his signature weapon, the Shock Coil when used by him can steal health, something the other characters don't have when using that weapon.

He could also borrow attacks from the other weapons used in Prime Hunters, given each character has access to every weapon, but each Hunter has a signature that boosts a certain one. Judicator(Ice Gun that bounces off of walls), Magmaul(Lobbing Fire Ball), Battle Hammer(Explosive, also lobbed), Volt Driver(Slow and Straight electric shot), Imperialist(Sniper Laser) and Missiles that lack homing properties(only Samus had that in the game.)

His Final Smash could be his ship, Delano 7.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
One month from today, we will be playing Super Smash Bros Ultimate.. Cant wait!

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Guile theme is lit as always

Also

That tweet regarding Nintendo being the ones themselves to pick the DLC lineup makes me think we'll get less 3rd parties than expected

argh...

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I agree not all choices should be made with highest investment in mind, but thats the world we live in. That being said sometimes financial gain and fan nostalgia align. Perfect example of this is Disney buying Fox, finally the Xmen and Fantastic Four characters are coming home. Or when people lost their minds when Spiderman appeared in the trailer for Civil War. These companies allowed these things to happen for financial interest yes, but we fans got something out of it as well. So not every time that companies choose financial interest as a priority means that we don't get something in return. Yes we may get Sora over Geno. And yes we may get Minecraft, but that means all those fans of those franchises got their wishes to come true. And who knows we who were not fans of those characters may grow to like them. I mean look how much of the internet loves Piranha plant already. It may seem that these companies choosing to pursue financial gain is all doom and gloom. However it does not mean we fans don't have something to gain, and who knows their picks might end up becoming our new favorites.

I started noticing when I became super interested in FF15. Im a huge FF15 fan despite all the problem it has, the story and the villain are incredible. That game believe it or not got me super interested in the FF series. I began to try to see what Square would do with all the plot holes. Then I began to predict if they were going to release a second season pass, because Ardyn's story is so incredible that I wanted to know more. I then began to try to predict what world's would be in KH3 and if Square would have FF15 characters in it. Then I began to think of Sora's chances in Smash. that led to a rabbit hole of me exploring Square's financial pattern's, character patterns' cross promotion patterns, character history, character development, company history. and so on. They are very interesting company and they make some of the most incredible music. If there is one thing you cannot take away from Square, they know how to choose incredible composers. Also them choosing Darin De Paul as the voice of Ardyn was genius. Seriously though listen to the music in FF15, especially Apocalypsis Aquarius. I really, really dream of this song making it in Smash, even though its already in Tekken lol.

Haha don't give up friend, you never know we could get our wish. If not this Smash there is always the next one.

Yes theres something about Japan that is just awe inspiring. Though I would also love to travel to Spain, as many parts of my family came from there.
Yeah, that last Fantastic Four movie was plain awful. We'll see, we'll see. But I'm going for a DQ rep.. time to lose again I suppose XD
I don't know, to me I don't think players interested in building games are similarly interested in fighting games, It really takes a different set of mind. Of course 90Mil. will have plenty of those but it just seems that's he's in for the sole sake of being in, which would be true if it happens. It's an advertisement call made by Nintendo (if it happens). Tried the game once and didn't like it, I don't think I'll like what represent it too. (I'm talking about Steve btw).

It's amazing to see how different people are. I've always said that no company surpasses Konami in the music field, though apparently that concerns the type I like. If we're talking epic here then yeah, Square is. I mean who can deny that Square-Enix are the RPG kings, and that definitely needs composer kings. Epic music is definitely needed in games, it's not the type that please me the most or seek. You remind me of a friend who approves only of epic music, my type doesn't work for him at all XD Though he's not into RPGs. My preferable genre is action-adventure.

If I to be realistic here, without a new game, Goemon's situation for a next itteration will most probably be much worse than Geno's current.

It's mostly their cleanliness, politeness and patience that strikes that awe to me.
Ohh! so a decendant of greats. I see where your masnners and taste come from. Italy and Spain specifically that.

D

Deleted member

Real talk, imagine if Agumon got in. That guy who pushes Agumon so much is gonna get his due over Smashboards lmao

I only want him in for that specific reaction.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I can't wait to play World of Light, especially now that I know these are Video Game worlds we're going through.
As a seasoned fanfic writer, having Inkling and Ridley traverse Green Hill Zone and other such combinations will amuse me to no end.

D

Deleted member

He's got some cool gimmicks going for him. The main two being able to place electric mines while in his alt form(his version of Samus' Morph Ball). And his signature weapon, the Shock Coil when used by him can steal health, something the other characters don't have when using that weapon.

He could also borrow attacks from the other weapons used in Prime Hunters, given each character has access to every weapon, but each Hunter has a signature that boosts a certain one. Judicator(Ice Gun that bounces off of walls), Magmaul(Lobbing Fire Ball), Battle Hammer(Explosive, also lobbed), Volt Driver(Slow and Straight electric shot), Imperialist(Sniper Laser) and Missiles that lack homing properties(only Samus had that in the game.)

His Final Smash could be his ship, Delano 7.
My guy, I like the way you think!
1541578862103.jpeg

Noipoi

Howdy!
Real talk, imagine if Agumon got in. That guy who pushes Agumon so much is gonna get his due over Smashboards lmao

I wouldn't be mad. It gets a tad annoying but I want him to be happy.

I'd willingly get dunked on my him if Agumon got in.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Its a shame some people don't realize how much work this man has put into this game. He even hints at how tired he is by saying " I wonder if ill ever get to take a break". It was in a joking manner, but it was also a statement of how much work he has done. And then to be flooded by requests and people unsatisfied with how he chose characters or might choose characters. It sad that he had to resort to what he did.
I get people still wanting to push for characters they like, but it does also come off a bit ungrateful. I know that's not the spirit in which it's intended when people advocate for a character that didn't make it, and Nintendo did leave the DLC sounding more open-ended until Sakurai clarified today, but still. Without lacing requests with any sort of appreciative or thankful statement, it can seem quite entitled and dismissive of the work already done.

Not to mention how futile it is, even if they hadn't chosen the characters, to just tweet your request at Sakurai.

Sad to say, but this last fortnight two weeks, give or take, from the Grinch leak debacle and fallout, to the reception of the Direct, to now, I do see why the fanbase has the reputation it does.

Donavitch

Smash Rookie
The space between what you say and what you mean
So, what kind of an impact do you guys and girls think has Nintendo's preselection of DLC characters on the chances of newcomers from their bigger first-party franchises? For example, I could easily see Classic Ganon as a DLC character now, given Zelda's importance for Nintendo as whole and, in particular, his position as one of the last few big names from Nintendo's history not yet in the game.

Another possible newcomer that comes to mind would be King Boo. Not sure if he has been disconfirmed yet, but with Luigi's Mansion 3 around the corner, I could see him getting in as a promotional character.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Actually it is, was just checking real quick to see whats up.. Unfortunately, it wasnt what I hoped to see. I'll be back when the conversation is more interesting.. This Game and Watch stuff doesn not interest me in the least for its just negativity.. Gee people need to learn to laugh more often.
And you could learn that some of your jokes...aren’t funny.... people laugh at funny things. Not targeted insults.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Imagine ****ing Enzo becoming playable.
He, Dixie Kong and Travis Touchdown become the final base roster characters, creating a complete rectangle.
Enzo.jpg

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'd be glad if Agumon got in so that his obsession could be contained in his own character thread.

Real talk though, I grew up with Digimon so I get how he feels. I always preferred watching it over Pokemon.
But, I dropped off and now I only vaguely remember things about it.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I believe you mean Team Skull, the best evil team in all Pokemon.
Speaking of Evil Teams.

In my randomised HG game, I just beat Archer to liberate the Goldenrod Radio Tower.

While I can't remember what his first Pokémon was (I think it was Tentacruel), his second Pokémon was a Tyranitar, which was actually somewhat challenging.

And then his final Pokémon, his ace... was a goddamn Cleffa.

Even when the Pokémon are randomised, Team Rocket can't catch a break. :laugh:

You mean Graizen Graizen .

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
If DLC wasn't a thing, and only one more character would be revealed, who would you all choose?

As much as I love Banjo-Kazooie, I'd have to say Geno. Make that complete trio. To me, the base roster would feel even more complete if he was there.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
really hope Nintendo picking the characters means an ARMS rep is possible. There are way more interesting characters in that game than Springman. Helix or Master Mummy would be awesome.

D

Deleted member

If DLC wasn't a thing, and only one more character would be revealed, who would you all choose?

As much as I love Banjo-Kazooie, I'd have to say Geno. Make that complete trio. To me, the base roster would feel even more complete if he was there.
If I had to pick, Doomguy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607

Geno. Same reason.
Banjo would also be my choice otherwise.

NineS

Smash Lord

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Demi-fiend10.jpg

My no. 1. That or Kazuya/Aleph/Flynn

Then maybe we'd get at least half as popular as Persona, hahaha
Now I'm sad.

Last edited:

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman

My 1st changes from day to day, but if I had to pick right now, probably Andy from Advance Wars. The series is missing representation in Smash now that its AT is gone. And I'd love for those games to make a comeback.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, regardless of what happens, I still think people should support/shill/whatever you wanna call it for their characters. At least to show that people like said character. As long as you aren't a **** to other people/harass Sakurai, it should be fine. Even if you don't get them this game, there's always the next one. If Ridley, Sonic, K.Rool, Mega Man and Simon Belmont can happen, I think most characters have an honest shot.

X Buster MMX.gif

Obviously, Mega Man X is my number 1 choice. Getting two of my favorite characters(him and OG Mega Man) would be the sickest thing ever.

Admittedly, after getting Little Mac, Ridley and Dark Samus, there's not really many Nintendo characters I want left. And two of those, Isaac and Spring Man are Assist characters, so if there's not much in the way of third party characters, I don't have much of a horse in this race. Sylux would be pretty cool, especially as promotional choice, since when most people hear that they only thing Pokemon or Fire Emblem. Dixie Kong's had fairly strong support through the years, so her being in would make a lot of people happy. And that's always a good thing in my book.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

KOS-MOS, hands down. She's the one character I want.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Geno. His fans have waited for over a decade, let this character rest so new characters can become legends among those who speculate.

But if I could break the rules, Waluigi. As much as I love Ashley, Waluigi being the first AT upgrade in the same game would be incredible and hilarious.
Besides, she's basically confirmed for Smash 6...right?

NineS

Smash Lord

I mean... Do I even have to say anything?
My signature speaks for itself- oh wait not everyone can see signatures
Guess that means I'll have to be visual.

2B or not 2B? That is the question. Only those who wish to find the answer share my pain.

In the end if it came down to a single character and I had the power, I'd want to make this choice. But I know I couldn't. Because people wouldn't be happy if I did this, and I wasn't Sakurai. At times, you'd need to even sacrifice your most wanted for the greater good. That is the teachings.
That is the Weight of the World. A weight I do not wish to carry.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

If I were to be completely selfish I'd pick Porky, unless ATs can be reversed, then it'd be Black Knight.

If I had to take the bigger picture into account though, I'd probably say Banjo. Never touched his games, but he'd be a huge addition on so many levels.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
If we were to get Agumon wed finally have an official (albeit lobsided in quantity) representation of Pokémon Vs Digimon. Who wouldn't want to see that?

One more character? I'd have to pick my most wanted, Crash. If because of the Switch port's success, he happens to be on Nintendo's list Sakurai picked for the DLC five, I'd be so happy. I've wanted to see him in since the Brawl days, and it's only recently become a general popular idea, so I hope it's taken advantage of.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Real talk though that controversy from earlier got me thinking about a Native American character I actually want to see in Smash.

What? Armadillos are native to North America. He counts. But seriously though there are ruins in that game that they say his ancestors lived in.

Not that I expect him as DLC at all at this point. Despite having potential for a cool move set he's still a niche character from a niche budget game, with his most recent title unfortunately being not too great. Not to mention that whole assist trophy conundrum. Oh well, I can still dream though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom