• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
If DLC wasn't a thing, and only one more character would be revealed, who would you all choose?

As much as I love Banjo-Kazooie, I'd have to say Geno. Make that complete trio. To me, the base roster would feel even more complete if he was there.
If there's one character I'm dying to have in Smash is Dixie Kong, she's the one character that would satisfy me so much to complete perfection of the roster.
And I would prefer her to be a unique or even a semi clone of Diddy would be fine but not a echo.

Last edited:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Fortnite doesn't have characters to add. At least not the Battle Royale mode, which we don't have Save the World on Switch. So... no.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Real talk though that controversy from earlier got me thinking about a Native American character I actually want to see in Smash.

What? Armadillos are native to North America. He counts. But seriously though there are ruins in that game that they say his ancestors lived in.

Not that I expect him as DLC at all at this point. Despite having potential for a cool move set he's still a niche character from a niche budget game, with his most recent title unfortunately being not too great. Not to mention that whole assist trophy conundrum. Oh well, I can still dream though.
I'm just happy he came back as an AT. Smash has a nasty habit of dropping lots of ATs from series without playable representation between games.

Rip Saki. ;_;

Is it possible we could get a Fortnite character?
https://happyholidays.nintendo.com/
View attachment 176419
Does Fortnite... have characters?

So the reccuring name as DLC from what I understand are:

• Sora
  • Geno
  • Katalina
  • Steve
  • Banjo-Kazooie
Are those still the most quoted from insiders ?
I don't recall any insiders hinting at Geno or Banjo.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
My final thoughts.. Btw yes I am in my final form for this..

I rembember when the Road to Super Smash Bros began, it was time to buy in.. So I cashed in my briefcase and got the Switch and was ready for E3, then E3 came and wow! Everybody is freaken here, it was awesome that nobody got cut and alot of favorites who were cut were back!

Thoughts on Newcomers:

Daisy: always wanted her in since Melee, so happy to see her finally in.. I always mained her in the tennis and hoops games, won all the trophies with her! Oh btw she is my favorite echo added.
Ridley: awesome, was headbanging his theme

Of course this was when we started to believe Vergeben as a credible source for info, so Simon rumors ensue and...

Simon joins the battle! And Richter too, I'll get them both a chance but something tells me I might like Righter a bit more

So I guess Chrom is in now.. Although I prefer Lucina

Dark Samus.. Yay..

Isabelle....
85c9a57dec696dfa3227f5b324a57fcb.gif

And then the main event with Incineroar, it was a perfect way to close the Road to Super Smash Bros Ultimate, a freaken wrestler in Super Smash Bros! (as you all know, wrestling is my thing)

Amd now there is upcoming dlc, and Sakurai has indeed conformed the dlc characters have already been chosen by Nintendo during development.. So what can this mean?

First off, we should always keep in mind what Verge said about Square and Minecraft so I'm guessing we will definitely be seeing Steve from Minecraft (hopefully the black one) and hopefully Geno, if not probably Sora.. All we know is its something from SE.

Rumors of this Katalina chick are another thing to consider.

Forget Goku... The only monkey that has any chance of being in is Dixie

Zelda could potentially get a new character, maybe Linkle from Hyrule Warriors?

Still going to #GiveElmaAChance because a new Xenoblade character could indeed happen

Medusa still has a good chance, imagine if they announce a new Kid Icarus game for Switch and she ends up like Corrin as that promotional character

However I am curious.. What others could be chosen by Nintendo? Im going with the idea that the only third parties we will see are the ones Vergeben mentioned, being Square rep, Minecraft and maybe even Katalina.

The_Intruder

Smash Apprentice
It seems no ballot this time and no fans favorite but aside that what nintendo has decided for these dlc is completely unknown.

I think this is gonna be a mix with third party partnership with characters from upcoming modern games and first party characters from modern lisences.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm just happy he came back as an AT. Smash has a nasty habit of dropping lots of ATs from series without playable representation between games.
Oh definitely, I'm in the boat who believes having an AT is far, far better then getting nothing, especially since I never had much hope for him a player character to begin with. And even though I don't like Dead Heat Breakers I at least have to admit his redesign for that game was cool.

And now thanks to Spirits mode, I can equip a Dillon Spirit to Sonic and basically have the real deal! /s

The_Intruder

Smash Apprentice

Rip Saki. ;_;

Does Fortnite... have characters?

I don't recall any insiders hinting at Geno or Banjo.
Geno is completely irrelevant for this modern era of smash bros and seeing that sakurai has no words on these dlc , I'm almost sure Nintendo are not gonna pick an obscure character like this.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The fact you guys all assume everything is going to be promotion is kinda funny when you consider how little we know about the 2019 releases in the first place.

We don't know if Prime 4 will be out then, Bayonetta 3 has no update, we legit know Animal Crossing and Yoshi for sure and neither of those franchises seem likely for upgrades through DLC.

Sakurai probably would be unsure of adding in another DLC Fire Emblem hero people haven't gotten acquainted with because of Corrin.

There's no way Nintendo's picks are based on promoting games for 2019.

TeamFlareZakk

So the reccuring name as DLC from what I understand are:

• Sora
  • Geno
  • Katalina
  • Steve
  • Banjo-Kazooie
Are those still the most quoted from insiders ?
Only ones to keep a eye on are Sora, Geno, Katalina and Steve... Because those are the ones Vergeben mentioned, actually no mention of Sora or Geno, but he has conformed Square to get a character.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
The fact you guys all assume everything is going to be promotion is kinda funny when you consider how little we know about the 2019 releases in the first place.

We don't know if Prime 4 will be out then, Bayonetta 3 has no update, we legit know Animal Crossing and Yoshi for sure and neither of those franchises seem likely for upgrades through DLC.

Sakurai probably would be unsure of adding in another DLC Fire Emblem hero people haven't gotten acquainted with because of Corrin.

There's no way Nintendo's picks are based on promoting games for 2019.
Hey, I still think Poochy with a Crafted World stage isn't out of the realm of possibility...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Also when I was looking for a picture of Dillon that wouldn't break when I tried to post it to this site I also managed to stumble upon this little gem.

I honestly laughed way too hard at this. I get a little loopy sometimes when I'm up late.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate will be #Iconic!

Last edited by a moderator:

FixedFun

Smash Apprentice
"Geno is an obscure character, therefore Nintendo won't chose him for Smash"
Let's ignore any potential poll results or his fans.
Don't discard any character because of obscurity if they have enough fans.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
:ultdoc:
I’ll take “What is an oxymoron” for $200, please.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I don’t think Nintendo is going to go hard on promoting 2019, but rather deciding what will make them the most money, ie big third party characters and probably popular Nintendo characters that Sakurai has yet to add.

Maybe some 3rd Party characters for companies they’re close with like Ubisoft or Bethesda

The_Intruder

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo doesn't care you should have known that if you had read what sakurai has said about King K rool.
It's because of the ballot he made it but nintendo didn't know he was that popular(and to be honest geno is nowhere close to him) , if Nintendo has choosen characters whithout looking at the ballot it's over.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
My only question is how would they handle Agumon's evolution thing? Since Evolving isn't permanent like it is in Pokemon, but is treated almost like DBZ forms. The idea of building up to a certain form is cool on paper, but would require a **** ton of work.

I don’t think Nintendo is going to go hard on promoting 2019, but rather deciding what will make them the most money, ie big third party characters and probably popular Nintendo characters that Sakurai has yet to add.

Maybe some 3rd Party characters for companies they’re close with like Ubisoft or Bethesda
More Capcom characters. All day everyday. I do seriously want a Nintendo vs Capcom game. Whether its like Marvel or if its in Smash style. Not that we aren't getting close to that with the Capcom Boyz we got now. :ultmegaman::ultryu::ultken:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
That's the thing though. We don't know the poll results. And his fans tend to be confined to a subsection of the hardcore fanbase, which is a niche as it is. <_<

Iridium

Smash Hero
After seeing what's happened to this thread, I'm just gonna go to the social for now.

Last edited:

FixedFun

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo doesn't care you should have known that if you had read what sakurai has said about King K rool.
It's because of the ballot he made it but nintendo didn't know it was that popular(and to be honest geno is nowhere close to him) , if Nintendo has choosen characters whithout looking at the ballot it's over.
Oof, forget what I said, so we're getting a new Fire Emblem character then

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
If Nintendo and Square don’t have any plans with Geno I feel like he’s not getting in tbh.

Not when Sora, a DQ, and any FF character would make bank

Gks1

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
0697-2103-4616
Sakurai want stop to work but he know that can't make it xD

MainJPW

M.T.A
Also when I was looking for a picture of Dillon that wouldn't break when I tried to post it to this site
You can just save the image to your computer or device and upload it that way. I also just use Imgur to upload the images I find via google or whatever then grab the gif/jpg/png link and paste it here. Works every time.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Memes aside, Lanky Kong would be fun. Especially if they chose to out-do the Belmonts since his arms can stretch even further. Since Spring Man ain't in unfortunately.

Sakurai want stop to work but he know that can't make it xD
Not unless he found someone he could trust to carry the burden of directing the team. Despite his complaints, he also seems very invested or passionate in what he does too.

I wouldn't mind it if his next project was something Non-Smash related. Maybe even another re-boot of a Nintendo series that's been dormant for a good while.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
More Capcom characters. All day everyday. I do seriously want a Nintendo vs Capcom game. Whether its like Marvel or if its in Smash style. Not that we aren't getting close to that with the Capcom Boyz we got now.
Still waiting on Nero for MvC...
Come on, he's been my most wanted for years Capcom. Put him in something, ANYTHING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom