• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I gotta be honest. When the ESRB leak hit, while everyone was calling the final roster lackluster I was ****ing ecstatic at Duck Hunt being there. I genuinely wanted him before the leak and did not expect him to ever get in. I also had no idea about the other leaks beforehand.
I loved and actually wanted Duck Hunt in the game, despite people not wanting him in at the time. :grin:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I know, but it would have been better to use Boom Bang and/or the Spyro crossover, at least.

It's telling how bad the fanbase has it in terms of being taken seriously when even some folks in the DA community sees them as a joke.
All I know about DeviantArt is kids trying to teach themselves art and weirdos trying to post their fetishes so idk how significant that is. But yes this stupid ass community is the biggest joke since someone said "Pull my finger" after eating a lot of beans
I'll leave it Gill Sans
Nuh uh it can't be Gills, can't have 2 Kamen Rider reps assuming the grinch isn't lying

Potato_

Smash Lord
Oh, I thought you caught the reference. Seriously though, I'm getting very tense at what may be the final result.

Eh, I'm just waiting to see Kome and shky play, I guess.
... Well now I got it.

Imagine if it happened tho

Iridium

Smash Hero
Mwahahaha i'll be the first to post music in the new thread!

Give us a Shovel Knight remix Sakurai or ''prepare to taste justice! Shovel justice!''

*Warning: it's a metal remix :bobomb:

Am i interrupting something? :p
Can't go wrong with metal! Eh, I do wonder if we'll get some good Shovel Knight music now. Hopefully...

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
w-what happened? Something even happened?

Why are people talking about a direct and why now it's "deconfirmed"?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Follow the math in the post obviously

Okay this is off topic but what's hilarious is that if you actually follow Steiner's promo, the math completely checks out. Scott Steiner took time and thought about this entire nonsensical equation to the point that even though the logic of it makes no sense, the numbers are real.

Incineroar Scott Steiner edits when

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Miyamoto be like: "Why do you people still want Paper Mario?"
"Because I remember what Paper Mario was like when IntSys had greater control of the property, before you inserted yourself in Sticker Star's development, Miyamoto.

Let the lad run free."

KMDP

Smash Legend
The Grinch leak gave us something other than boxes to talk about, it gave us hilarious memes and this is how we use it's gifts?
We didn't deserve the Grinch leak.
Things (and People) we don't deserve
Masahiro Sakurai for bringing us the game itself
All the people that brought the characters to the world in the first place.
Anyone doing (fair) analysis of the Grinch Leak without bias, e.g. vaanrose vaanrose
The Grinch Leak for bringing something new to discuss

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
If anybody feels like things are getting too toxic/heated/etc. I suggest taking a break by watching some of this wholesome video

Poochy is a good boy, and needs to be represented in smash in some way, as an assist or as apart of Yoshi’s new final smash. Or even as a playable character

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Tf happened with Mystic
Just got home catch me up
Gonna try to explain from the beginning, at least from what I remember. He posted an update about what his sources told him and said the following:

Confirmed:

1. There’s 108 Stages
2. Ken, Shadow and Incineroar should be in
3. He’s confident enough to say after talking to enough people that Isaac and Geno are in, but if he finds something else out about them he’ll update us.

Deconfirmed:

1. There’s no Minecraft content.

Unconfirmed:

1. The Banner itself. He said he was told the banner has some oddities and elements that are different than the one people have seen.

Then he posted his own personal opinion that he thinks the banner is fake, but quickly realized that people may take what he said the wrong way so he promised to explain later but before he could, he got harassed for it. Then later he explained that while he’s confident that Geno and Isaac are in, he doesn’t want his word being taken as gospel. And that he didn’t deconfirm the other three characters (Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, and Banjo) whatsoever. And he tried explaining his earlier comment about the banner, where he considers unconfirmed but personally thinks its fake, but people harassed him for backpedaling. Later on he also told someone privately that Chorus Kids are also in and that one of the characters on the Mural are an assist trophy (Though, I think he was speculated with the latter). Eventually due to the harassment he privated his Twitter.

Basically, he did everything people would want from an insider by being transparent with us, updating us and answering our questions, and even telling us don’t take his word as Gospel, yet he got harassed for just personally thinking the banner was fake.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Okay this is off topic but what's hilarious is that if you actually follow Steiner's promo, the math completely checks out. Scott Steiner took time and thought about this entire nonsensical equation to the point that even though the logic of it makes no sense, the numbers are real.

Incineroar Scott Steiner edits when
I made an Incineroar Scott Steiner post back in August. It was good.

Thought I'd post my Geno art in here cause why not? Hopefully this beautiful boi can make your day great.
View attachment 173416
Guess who's a Star Boy now?
That's right.
It's you.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Did you see the leak with duckhunt, bowser jr. AND shulk? Looks pretty fake to me but i dunno, im kinda on the fence with it.
I don't believe it because like that guy said

And Shulk will not be in. that leak is just a photoshopped little mac
You can believe him. He's an insiders. And he's right, Shulk is just a photoshopped Little mac.

What's Next? Little Mac proving that Isaac is in? AH.

Evanpik64

Smash Cadet
I think people are being way too cocky about the Leak being real, I mean the unfounded conspiracies and the Harassment of people who don't trust the Leak is getting more Nutty than a squirrel's ballsack

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Alright now I'm really not gonna be reading over 50 pages so if one of y'all can give me a rundown of what's happened since last night!
I made a nice drawing!

And uh...The leak? I dunno, same stuff, same ****.

Oh yeah, apparently there going to be news this week.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
He's in.

Apologize to your new God.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Quick question: of the already disconfirmed characters, who do you see yourself supporting for a hypothetical Smash 6? It'll be hard to bring myself back if Geno's confirmed for this game but I'll probably support Waluigi, Ashley, and Takamaru. The first two I've supported since probably 2012 and Takamaru very late in the Brawl speculation cycle in 2008, mostly just because I want to see the franchise revived.
Kamek. Yoshi's the only member of the OG 8 to not have his villian. Plus, he has a ton of moveset potential with him being a mage that can summon enemies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If anybody feels like things are getting too toxic/heated/etc. I suggest taking a break by watching some of this wholesome video

Poochy is a good boy, and needs to be represented in smash in some way, as an assist or as apart of Yoshi’s new final smash. Or even as a playable character
Even a trophy would be enough. Baby steps and all.

And appreciate these shorts, the folks at Good-Feel worked hard on those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom