• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I gotta be honest. When the ESRB leak hit, while everyone was calling the final roster lackluster I was ****ing ecstatic at Duck Hunt being there. I genuinely wanted him before the leak and did not expect him to ever get in. I also had no idea about the other leaks beforehand.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Quick question: of the already disconfirmed characters, who do you see yourself supporting for a hypothetical Smash 6? It'll be hard to bring myself back if Geno's confirmed for this game but I'll probably support Waluigi, Ashley, and Takamaru. The first two I've supported since probably 2012 and Takamaru very late in the Brawl speculation cycle in 2008, mostly just because I want to see the franchise revived.

Paper Mario, assuming this leak is endgame.

****, why is he not in yet.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Tf happened with Mystic
Just got home catch me up
He got harassed by rabid fans and privated his account.

Wambo Wambo did what he does and misconstrued it to make it seem like he got taken out by Nintendo, and people rolled with it because that's funny apparently.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I can certainly see a person doing this--some people are crazy as well as skilled. But it strains credulity given the quality and cleanness of the banner as well as the surrounding circumstances. The great thing about it is, if we even get one new character art from the next Direct, it'll tell us whether it was fake or not.
I hope one of these insiders can tell us if is Smash or a General one though. I want to be mentally prepared for how much info we could possibly get

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
If the leak is correct, can I still get the giant printed blurred banner anyway?

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Can we just put this grinch thing behind us and just pretend that Deathborn is the next fighter that’s going to be revealed?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
He got harassed by rabid fans and privated his account.

Wambo Wambo did what he does and misconstrued it to make it seem like he got taken out by Nintendo, and people rolled with it.
Wambo when he sees a chance to be [you know what] attack insiders

17342950.jpg

Anyway I'm probably just gonna dip from this thread back to NintenZone. Thanks tho TPC

Flyboy

Smash Hero
You know, they say all accounts are created equal, but you look at me and you look at #TeamReal, and you can see that statement is not true! See, normally if you go one-on-one with another speculator, you got a 50-50 chance of winnin’. But I’m a genetic freak, and I’m not normal, so you got a 25% at best at beatin’ me! And then you add the numerous insiders against the leak to the mix? Your chances of winnin’ drastically go down. See the three-way, at Smash Ultimate Discussion Ver. 2, you got a 33 1/3 chance of wiinnin’. But I, I got a 66 2/3 chance of winning, cause JacobLeBeau KNOWS he can’t beat me, and he’s not even gonna try! So, #TeamReal, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus my 25 percent chance, and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winnin’ at Smash Ultimate Discussion Ver. 2! But then you take my 75 percent chance at winnin’, if we was to go one-on-one, and to add 66 2/3 ch… percents, I got a 141 2/3 chance of winnin at Smash Ultimate Discussion Ver. 2! See, #TeamReal; the numbers don’t like, and they spell disaster for you at Smash Ultimate Discussion Ver. 2!
how do I like something 20 times

Potato_

Smash Lord
I still have a burning feeling that the Grinch "leak" will die just because of one different character. I have my expectations, but something might possibly go wrong...

Still team neutral here.
Literally all it takes is for a character to be in a different pose in their render.

Or they start the direct with a completely different character reveal.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I hope one of these insiders can tell us if is Smash or a General one though. I want to be mentally prepared for how much info we could possibly get
I've mostly dealt with Direct hints more casually, and from what I remember the last couple times, rarely is the type or date directly hinted at it. Last time I just remember a bunch of insiders resetting the clock and we found out in a couple days. We'll know soon enough.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
See, this is what I have as a question to the community who's convinced this is real; When this is confirmed fake are you all gonna come out and apologize to the people who've been saying it's fake? Or are you just gonna run back into your holes. Like, right now in the chat people are saying "Oh, it's real." You guys don't know what you're talking about. "Your reasoning for it being fake isn't good." Give me a reason why it's real. When it's confirmed fake come back to the chat and say sorry. But you won't, because you're cowards. Come back. You go on Twitter and you say "Hey you guys were right, I'm sorry." I mean, no, is it wrong? They wanna say "Oh you guys can't give good reasons. Oh you're saying 'I know it's- I know it's fake, you just have to trust me.'". Give me a reason why it's real, you don't have one. Come back when it's confirmed fake, apologize, and we can move on. Otherwise shut up. This ain't a chatroom making you talk, shut up. I will print off this banner and send it to your house, and you can hang it up and say "I got owned by this.". I mean people are saying "Oh, rude. Needs to chill." You know what? You people attack insiders and Twitter and YouTuber personalities everyday when they share information with you. And then they don't give you what you want and you attack them? No, you can go to hell. Like, you're not entitled to any information. Don't think you are.
What the **** did you just ****ing say about me, you little *****? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ****ing words. You think you can get away with saying that **** to me over the Internet? Think again, ******. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re ****ing dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little ****. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ****ing tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will **** fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re ****ing dead, kiddo.

Okay this is the last one I swear.

Making a copypasta out of a justifiably angry reaction from someone isn't really that funny. It's just kinda sad how far fans are going to degrade these people.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
No characters will be revealed, smash ultimate was a hoax, there is no smash utimate, we all wake up from our collective coma and we find out smash 4 for 3DS has been released.
Okay, okay but listen...

I heard about this juicy leak about Tower of Smash. I bet it must be real! We will get more characters thanks to it and the Wii U version!

D

Deleted member

No characters will be revealed, smash ultimate was a hoax, there is no smash utimate, we all wake up from our collective coma and we find out smash 4 for 3DS has been released.
Do you think Cloud will make it in as DLC?

*gets shot*

Iridium

Smash Hero
Quick question: of the already disconfirmed characters, who do you see yourself supporting for a hypothetical Smash 6? It'll be hard to bring myself back if Geno's confirmed for this game but I'll probably support Waluigi, Ashley, and Takamaru. The first two I've supported since probably 2012 and Takamaru very late in the Brawl speculation cycle in 2008, mostly just because I want to see the franchise revived.
Takamaru or Gray Fox for me.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Little Mac: Hey girl
Mach Rider: Oh, not interested, I'm Bisexual
Little Mac: Wait, Bisexual means-
Mach Rider: Did I say Bi? I meants Bikesexual. I'm attracted to women and bikes
*rides off with Samus*
Yes let the story grow!

:ultkingdedede:: hurry up Wheelie you hunk of junk

Mach Rider: RIDER KICK!

:ultkingdedede:: DAH * flies off into the sunset*

Mach Rider: Was that fatso hurting you?

Wheelie: Bike noises

Mach Rider: *blushes through helmet as she understands bike* Let mama show you how one rides.

The two putt off into the horizon.

Last edited:

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
Okay, okay but listen...

I heard about this juicy leak about Tower of Smash. I bet it must be real! We will get more characters thanks to it and the Wii U version!
And Shulk will not be in. that leak is just a photoshopped little mac

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Twinsanity isn’t in any Nintendo console.
I know, but it would have been better to use Boom Bang and/or the Spyro crossover, at least.

I was specifically talking about people who felt addressed as whenpeople say some people are toxic. Toxicity should absolutely be spoken against in the community cause we REALLY need to do better after the outright embarrassment that is the Smash community with it's booing of legal characters, defending of predators, etc. Though I suppose this isn't the thread for that

No, the Grinch started it
It's telling how bad the fanbase has it in terms of being taken seriously when even some folks in the DA community sees them as a joke.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Right up there with Waluigi and Ashley. Ashley is a need, Waluigi is a strong like, everyone else (Chibi Robo, Ray Mk1, Andy) is basically tertiary

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
The Direct will open with Sakurai staring coldly at the screen.

"Remember, I said reveals were going to slow down. I wasn't lying. You will learn about the next newcomer in March, because they're DLC. I tried to warn you, ****ers."

The Direct ends.
The characters are then released but there's no buy button, and visiting the page bricks your switch

blood for the blood god

Mwahahaha i'll be the first second to post music in the new thread!

Give us a Shovel Knight remix Sakurai or ''prepare to taste justice! Shovel justice!''

*Warning: it's a metal remix :bobomb:

Am i interrupting something? :p

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Literally all it takes is for a character to be in a different pose in their render.

Or they start the direct with a completely different character reveal.
Oh, I thought you caught the reference. Seriously though, I'm getting very tense at what may be the final result.

Eh, I'm just waiting to see Kome and shky play, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom