• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Did mystic make his twitter private? I followed before he did so I still have access but I can't retweet anything he says and he has a "lock" symbol emoji next to his name so I assume he did.

Poor guy. I sent him a PM with a brief question and apology for the smash community being ***** but he never responded. Probably got overwhelmed with a deluge of ****tiness.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My whole thing about the Grinch Leak is who of the 7 is totally unbelievable? Ken's not even argued anymore, Geno, Isaac, Shadow have been implied by various insiders before this, Chorus Kids are the only characters from the Gematsu leak in SSB4 not playable, Mach Rider was planned for Melee, and we have strong evidence that Banjo was likely the real winner of the Smash Ballot. I don't think there's anything about any of these characters that's a huge stretch. I don't understand the assertion that it's totally impossible where it seems that most insiders have hang ups about 2 characters tops (with Banjo heavily implied to be one of them).

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Did mystic make his twitter private? I followed before he did so I still have access but I can't retweet anything he says and he has a "lock" symbol emoji next to his name so I assume he did.

Poor guy. I sent him a PM with a brief question and apology for the smash community being ***** but he never responded. Probably got overwhelmed with a deluge of ****tiness.
Yeah, he set it to private last night.

Iridium

Smash Hero
No way we're not getting to 100 pages by the end of today. There's no turning back now...

Noipoi

Howdy!
Noi baby gimme moah who is John Cartright and does that actually hint to a Direct

Also what happened to poor Mystic
John's one of the Gamexplain guys, specifically the British one. Apparently the last time he posted Otters on his twitter a direct came soon after.

And I think people are harassing Mystic about the leak, which is not cool.

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
*the direct starts*
*We see a muscular figure in a bike helmet*
*Takes off the Helmet, it’s Incineroar*
”Surprise Mother****ers”
He’s actually the only character in the game, numbers 1 through 68 were leak bait
*Inci gets closer and whispers*
”Oh and also, Mach Rider’s a gay trans girl”
*direct ends*

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Any one else pet peeved by team real people who want to leak to burn just for like, revenge for the toxic people. I agree it isn't all great, and both teams are prone to toxic behavior, but think about all the people who want Geno, or Isaac, or Banjo. Wishing for this leak to be fake still hurts these innocent people. I dunno, that's my hot take.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
My whole thing about the Grinch Leak is who of the 7 is totally unbelievable? Ken's not even argued anymore, Geno, Isaac, Shadow have been implied by various insiders before this, Chorus Kids are the only characters from the Gematsu leak in SSB4 not playable, Mach Rider was planned for Melee, and we have strong evidence that Banjo was likely the real winner of the Smash Ballot. I don't think there's anything about any of these characters that's a huge stretch. I don't understand the assertion that it's totally impossible where it seems that most insiders have hang ups about 2 characters tops (with Banjo heavily implied to be one of them).
the big thing here is Mach Rider and the Grinch. Mach Rider and the Grinch connect this whole thing (asides from mural art potentially)

Nothing else.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace

Anyone willing to listen to this if they haven't already? In class atm so I can't

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I’m just imagining Isaac being revealed and people screaming “GRINCH LEAK CONFIRMED!!!” then at the end when they show the Mural he’s in an entirely different position than he is in the Grinch leak lol
It’s much closer to different pose than what he looks like in the leak but yea position being way off as well

Although I will point out where the leaked characters except for like one or two there’s spots that can be filled in those areas quite easily

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So the movie then
Which
Smash direct on Thursday you say...

yes
BFF? Nah mate, I already ship em
You about to start a revolution
There's evidence to her being canonically female like Samus

Mach: So you just stand around to get fit?

WFT: Yes its called yoga

Mach: Why not bike?

WFT: Cycling?

Mach: No, Bike!

WFT: Isn't that the same thing?

Mach: *unzips suit to reveal goddess body* I don't know you tell me?

WFT: Why do you have yourself printed on your underwear?

Mach: You don't?

WFT: No...

Mach: pfft, pathetic
...WFT should know better than to not have her face on her underwear...or 2nd pair of yoga pants

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
How so, did the "Insiders" find something off with the leak or something?
I think people are just settling on what we do/don't have. A lot of presented evidence "in favor" like the cutoff Isabelle mural isn't really evidence, and we're basically left with:

A: It's very detailed to the point where it would take a lot of effort.

B: ACP deleted their video.

vs

A: The backgrounds don't match.

B: Insiders don't think it's true.

We've been in a mudpit for like 3 days now lol

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

The direct opens just like the first 40 seconds of this, but with Sakurai looking at the mural, insiders, and toxic fanbase on the computer first. Then the rest follows.

As he confirms christopher nioshi is voicing Geno.

End of the direct.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
How so, did the "Insiders" find something off with the leak or something?
Well if we use Mystic as an example, they BELIEVE it's fake due to personal opinion and possibly information they were given from their sources.

It should be noted that none of them have come out and specifically said "Banner is fake, I've SEEN proof of why it's fake"

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
Hold on, do people actually think that Pumpkin deleted their tweet because they got griefed hardcore/flamed/doxxed/whatever.. for being very helpful and insightful about their information?

Really? That's the least anger-worthy tweet I've seen regarding an insider on Ultimate.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
*the direct starts*
*We see a muscular figure in a bike helmet*
*Takes off the Helmet, it’s Incineroar*
”Surprise Mother****ers”
He’s actually the only character in the game, numbers 1 through 68 were leak bait
*Inci gets closer and whispers*
”Oh and also, Mach Rider’s a gay trans girl”
*direct ends*
Move over Porygon, I have a new favorite Pokemon.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
If anybody feels like things are getting too toxic/heated/etc. I suggest taking a break by watching some of this wholesome video

Poochy is a good boy, and needs to be represented in smash in some way, as an assist or as apart of Yoshi’s new final smash. Or even as a playable character
Of course...why didn't I think of that? Those shorts are literally the anti-toxicity. They're... antioxidants.

(Side note: Poochy is indeed deserving of Smash representation. No boi is as good.)

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Not to be that guy but people said that about literally every character they wanted to be in.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Whether the leak is true or fake so many of these insiders, gamexplain and others have absolutely decimated their reputations by their open contempt for people who don't blindly believe them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom