• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
Yo, I prefer Tails over Shadow too. But this is a bad take.

And for the record, Tails can still get in (Probably DLC, but still). He wouldn't have been an echo if he got in. Shadow could be an echo, so it just fit. It's that simple. Tails is a prime candidate should a 3rd party franchise manage to get a non-echo newcomer.
I'm probably not as opposed to Shadow as I sound, esp if he got fleshed out and wasn't a clone that uses purple energy auras or some sh around the same moves to make him "dark."

Definitely hoping for Tails though.

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
Sure.

No, i dont work for Nintendo or Sora ltd.

This leaks literally go against everything that has been said even by sakurai himself, we´ve never had 7 characters in a single trailer, 5 newcomers and 2 echoes. All of these are fanfavorite / predictable picks.
Theres that 300 IQ, im sorry but mach rider hasn't been a "predictable" or "obvious" pick for years now, whatever talk of MR during smash 4 days were small enough to go unnoticed and i can't even tell you if there was talk of MR before this leak happened. For your other point, geeeeeeeeeeeeee sakurai sure has never gone back on his word or said something that can be interpreted in different ways. Sorry but your personal belief that 7 characters is impossible plus "BUT SAKURAI SAID"
isn't enough for something to actually be impossible.

Also this argument is finished.

Last edited:

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
I feel bad for Sakurai... If the leak is real...that spoiled the majority of what was left. Even if the leak is fake, he has to show us how much LESS than this leak we are getting..... This will be a lose lose for him...me thinks..
At least someone didn't leak that Spirits mode and what its going to look like; or however content that's left.

Would be a huge blowing kill for Sakurai.

A good reason why he's never asking anyone for anything ever again.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I think it's kind of convenient it's the characters that are common guess AT THIS POINT in smash speculation

If it was some months ago the common guesses would be skull kid, bandana dee, and decidueye or something.
Probably. Which is why it's a good thing that's not the case for me ;
Skull Kid and Geno were always in my guesses from the start, and so was Incineroar not showing up. Not that there's not a chance left but I mean
Totally missed the mark on Skull Kid hahahaha and that's fine

Banjo I never really imagined getting in but he was on my wishlist.

I used to want decidueye but my Gen 7 wish went to the Masked Royal. But that wasn't my guess, and I specifically worded my guess in my signature the way I did because I doubted one appearing at all.

*shrug*
Look to the right of Mach Rider, its Agumon. Look to the left of Pikachu and its.... Arthur?
is that weird? they were obvious choices

D

Deleted member

Is it also easy to move around an ABUNDANCE of characters and seamlessly integrate new ones?
I'm just sayin' Luigi, don't underestimate what fanworks can produce, or the lengths people will go to for E-fame.

Not saying that's what's happening here, but hey, it's a possibility.

For the love of all that is good, please let me be wrong like I always am and let this masterpiece of a roster be real.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'm just sayin' Luigi, don't underestimate what fanworks can produce, or the lengths people will go to for E-fame.

For the love of all that is good, please let me be wrong like I always am and let this masterpiece of a roster be real.
Not my point.

I'm saying it isn't easy.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
I didn't make the picture, a friend of mine did on Discord to prove that very exact fact.

Is it also easy to move around an ABUNDANCE of characters and seamlessly integrate new ones?
Well ofc is more complex and time consuming but it could be done because of the low res of the image, if it was clearer and higher res then i would be team real but otherwise nope.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
It's both. That line has no real context in the trailer and may be a jab at the leak. In the movies section in the UK version of Smash 4, the trailer is renamed to "Now It's Shulk Time." Make of that what you will.
It has plenty of context in the trailer. Shulk ONLY says it when targeting powerful foes. Smash's roster is about as "powerful foe" as you can get. Hell, his trailer even starts with him sneaking up on Bowser. Shulk and the party typically say those lines before actually engaging the enemies.

And trailer names are meant to be subtle and not give out the obvious answer to who the trailer is about. "Vampire Killer, The Rivals, Champion of the Ring, Challenger from the Shadows, Book, Blade and Crest of Flame, Etc). NoE probably just didn't get the memo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So would a Direct announcement like 2 or 3 days after this leak confirm it as real? I'm just asking.

Last edited by a moderator:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Look to the right of Mach Rider, its Agumon. Look to the left of Pikachu and its.... Arthur?

EDIT: Shrek is above Dedede.

EDIT 2: this leak is utter **** now, guys.

EDIT 3: forget what I said. I was looking at the wrong pic.
Oh my god.

Oh my ****ing god.

You literally used a joke post to call it fake.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Well ofc is more complex and time consuming but it could be done because of the low res of the image, if it was clearer and higher res then i would be team real but otherwise nope.
I mean you do realize there's more to this than just an edited panorama, right? There's also the empty panorama, the promotional items, and the weird Grinch stuff? The panorama on its own is nowhere near enough to garner believability, but take it in all at once my man.

D

Deleted member

Not my point.

I'm saying it isn't easy.
I wasn't saying it was easy, I was just saying that's never stopped people before.

I've seen too many good pieces of fan art and fan projects in general to completely believe stuff like this can't be faked. Again, not saying it is, but it certainly seems like a possibility.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace

True except this fame is way more harmful than helpful, like this could ruin his current or future jobs.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It may be easy to modify, but

That Shrek is from existing material, maybe the other extra characters as well; this guy had to make his own paintings that fit the mural, and spend his time printing it on an armband, and getting it ready with the plastic, slit, glue and all.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So this is kind of a strech: Dr Mario and Mr Game and watch move ever so slightly over the white brick with every character added (also the others but this is my point of reference) but in the Grinch it looks like they are still in the same spot as the Isabelle banner even tho 7 new characters seem to be added, granted it's hard to tell due to the poor quality but it kinda looks like it does.
So minor, but in the leaked image Chrom's Falchion is bent.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Guys, who's that person on that mural leak next to Dr Mario and Corrin? She seems to be right in front of Wii Fit Trainer.

EDIT: Disregard this. I was looking at the wrong one.

Last edited:

larlargaming

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LarlarGaming
3DS FC
2578-3594-9063
So would a Direct announcement like 2 or 3 days after this leak confirm it as real? I'm just asking.
i had this mind actually, lets say the rumored direct date was true, would they move the date up ?

KMDP

Smash Legend
I do want to say one thing, what the hell is Isaac stepping on in the leak pic and where is Luigi in that pic?
Luigi's way up in the top, near Ken (he's actually on some kind of seam, making him hard to see).

And Isaac is down on one knee (sort of like a kneeling Captain Morgan pose), kneeling on a patch of grass presumably of his own creation.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
I've been seeing a lot of facts being thrown around that are clearly wrong about the ESRB leak:

• The ESRB leak was leaked on August 19th, 2014: 25 days before the launch of Smash 3DS in Japan, not 45 days before like I've heard some saying.
  • Shulk was revealed 10 days after the leak, not 2 or 3. Shulk was revealed on August 29th.

Last edited:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Like I said before, this dude clearly did not mean to do this for internet fame or attention or anything.

If anything, if he's the same dude that angrily leaked the roster before, he's doing this because he has a major ax to grind with his company, Bandai Namco, and Nintendo. Never underestimate the actions people like him will take.

He obviously wouldn't care about his reputation or career anymore because something's gone wrong between him and his employer.

He shared this with a friend of his on ****ing snapchat, it wasn't intended to be widely seen.

To believe this is fake, you have to believe he's willing to say "au revoir" to his career over absolutely nothing.

No, he's pissed at his employer and Nintendo, and he's making them pay for whatever happened (or whatever he perceives is an injustice to him).

Sucks for Sakurai, Incineroar fans, and the Smash team, but Nintendo should have known this would have happened given their foot dragging.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
that was a joke post dude

You know whats annoying though? Even though its a joke, people are taking it that you can just insert anything and make it look convincing here. But thats not the case with what we got. Characters weren't just inserted, they were shifted to make room, revealed new art on characters bodies that were blocked, and even switched entirely to new locations.

People don't even realize that the actual leak we got is on another caliber. Its not simply just inserting things, its changing EVERYTHING about the banner.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
How long does everyone think it will take before someone debunks it? I'm thinking, if it's fake, it won't be debunked until the next Direct.
I am on Team Hope though, I'd love for this roster to be real.

D

Deleted member

It has plenty of context in the trailer. Shulk ONLY says it when targeting powerful foes. Smash's roster is about as "powerful foe" as you can get. Hell, his trailer even starts with him sneaking up on Bowser. Shulk and the party typically say those lines before actually engaging the enemies.

And trailer names are meant to be subtle and not give out the obvious answer to who the trailer is about. "Vampire Killer, The Rivals, Champion of the Ring, Challenger from the Shadows, Book, Blade and Crest of Flame, Etc). NoE probably just didn't get the memo.
Robin: "Smash has many powerful foes, Lucina[...]"
Just to hammer how they treated their little Smash canon consistently.

Heracr055

Smash Ace
I personally have never played a BK game, SMRPG, Golden Sun, or Mach Rider. I also have limited exposure to Street Fighter and Rhythm Heaven. My only game with Shadow was Sonic Heroes and my only game with Banjo is Diddy Kong Racing. So I don't personally resonate with these characters, but that can change based on how fun they look.

Last edited:

bountyhunta87

Smash Cadet
I've viewed Snapchat videos much more than 5 minutes after they were uploaded... Just to verify I just watched a snapchat vid that I watched several hours ago.

But that's because I'm following that person. Does it always delete after 5 mins when you directly send it to someone? I also thought I remember viewing videos multiple times after more than 5 minutes when someone sent me a video.
Usually when you delete a dangerous leak it's beacuse it's catching on, fearing you might get cought and by that time we could have gotten a lot more screen shots but still... why snap chat why not just a simple photo?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
It may be easy to modify, but

That Shrek is from existing material, maybe the other extra characters as well; this guy had to make his own paintings that fit the mural, and spend his time printing it on an armband, and getting it ready with the plastic, slit, glue and all.
My friend also spent 10 minutes on this LMAO. Im sure you can get far more done with a month's worth of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom