• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I actually remember when I was going to draw in Chibi Robo onto the poster as a joke about how anybody could have just drew over it and did anything they wanted to...

How time flies...

Untouch

Smash Master
How long does everyone think it will take before someone debunks it? I'm thinking, if it's fake, it won't be debunked until the next Direct.
I am on Team Hope though, I'd love for this roster to be real.
Unless the "leaker" comes forth with a full picture and debunks it himself nothing will until the direct.
It's just too low quality to try to realistically point out any issues.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
If this is real, than who is everyone most looking forward to seeing, out of these newcomers?
For me, as far as the character goes, Banjo-Kazooie and Geno.
For gameplay, Banjo-Kazooie and Mach Rider.

D

Deleted member

It has plenty of context in the trailer. Shulk ONLY says it when targeting powerful foes. Smash's roster is about as "powerful foe" as you can get. Hell, his trailer even starts with him sneaking up on Bowser. Shulk and the party typically say those lines before actually engaging the enemies.

And trailer names are meant to be subtle and not give out the obvious answer to who the trailer is about. "Vampire Killer, The Rivals, Champion of the Ring, Challenger from the Shadows, Book, Blade and Crest of Flame, Etc). NoE probably just didn't get the memo.
This is true, but the UK version of the trailer uses the cryptic name on the UK website, just not in the game.

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607
If this is real, than who is everyone most looking forward to seeing, out of these newcomers?
I'm definitely maining Geno, though Banjo and Isaac look interesting to me as well.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
You know whats annoying though? Even though its a joke, people are taking it that you can just insert anything and make it look convincing here. But thats not the case with what we got. Characters weren't just inserted, they were shifted to make room, revealed new art on characters bodies that were blocked, and even switched entirely to new locations.

People don't even realize that the actual leak we got is on another caliber. Its not simply just inserting things, its changing EVERYTHING about the banner.
As well as painstakingly recreating the background for the shot without the characters.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
People still believing Vergeben who never once had any significant proof, was wrong on many other games and never had pictures or anything else that would go with his “leaked information” over this hugely AMBITIOUS ‘leak’ which has pictures, a confirmation of actual employment in a company that prints for Bandai Namco, which IS NOT EVEN ADVERTISED AS A LEAK.... I really don’t get it. I am still hugely skeptical, but I won’t deny, this is the stuff that’s actually convincingly close to being true and not easily debunked... It’s not AS obvious as the ERSB leak of Smash 4, but the timing is just about right, and Virgin Benny hasn’t said stuff in MONTHS. Am just not getting it...
Most people who "believed" Verge just believed he had SOME information, and that the 2 characters left that he predicted were probably him. None of us were insisting he was 100% real. He didn't say "Hey guys I have the whole roster and xxxx are in!"

If he did, we wouldn't believe him.

Whether or not you like him, he IS an insider who gets information that we don't. I thought he was probably right about Ken and Inceneroar because I initially said he was wrong about Snake, Ice Climbers, Wolf getting back in, and Simon on top of that.

After all of those were revealed, I had to step back and say "Okay, this guy might be on to something."

So his claim that 2 characters which made perfect sense were getting in, I bit.

THIS new leak has an amazing selection of characters that just seems too good to be true, is incredibly blurry, and from a snapchat video, so it's suspicious. But if Mach Rider, Isaac, or Banjo are revealed, I'll probably have to change my mind.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
If this leak is real (which I will go more in-depth with later) this dude totally went above and beyond and likely spent money in this.

Just. To. Fool. People.
Last week in Spain a fraggin' youtuber showed a film during a well-known cinema festival. The film was a 3-minutes bad joke repeated during 90. He damaged so bad the reputation of the festival and filmed his followers to look like a fools.
Yeah, just for a prank. It can be a fake.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
For me, if this is real, it's Banjo-Kazooie, Isaac, Geno and Mach Rider, mostly Banjo-Kazooie.

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
If you look at these characters, their additions make sense.

1. Geno - Sakurai wanted him playable in Wii U/3DS but couldn’t but now he finally gets the chance.

2. Chorus Kids - Previously rumored to be in the game, plus files and a Smash Run enemy proved Chrous Kids were planned but scrapped maybe because they were hard to program in the 3DS so he finally implemented them here.

3. Banjo & Kazooie - Microsoft guy on Twitter pretty much said they want him in, plus the ongoing relationship between Nintendo/Microsoft in terms of crossover capabilities and Minecraft content.

4. Isaac - Perhaps a ballot character? Maybe Saki-poo felt bad for completely removing him from Wii U/3DS and added him in as playable.

5. Mach Rider - Our retro character.

6. Ken - Obvious Echo

7. Shadow - the lack of his AT puts the odds in his favor.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
So we can all assume that IF a second Smash Ballot would happen the Grinch would join Shrek, Spongebob and Goku, right?

I'm all against non-video game characters but ****, as of today the Grinch sure is a part of Nintendo history

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
Theres that 300 IQ, im sorry but mach rider hasn't been a "predictable" or "obvious" pick for years now, whatever talk of MR during smash 4 days were small enough to go unnoticed and i can't even tell you if there was talk of MR before this leak happened. For your other point, geeeeeeeeeeeeee sakurai sure has never gone back on his word or said something that can be interpreted in different ways. Sorry but your personal belief that 7 characters is impossible plus "BUT SAKURAI SAID"
isn't enough for something to actually be impossible.

Also this argument is finished.
Right, so IQ 300 is what you call common sense? Must be rough to think like you.

D

Deleted member

I'm going for Isaac no question!

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Like I said before, this dude clearly did not mean to do this for internet fame or attention or anything.

If anything, if he's the same dude that angrily leaked the roster before, he's doing this because he has a major ax to grind with his company, Bandai Namco, and Nintendo. Never underestimate the actions people like him will take.

He obviously wouldn't care about his reputation or career anymore because something's gone wrong between him and his employer.

He shared this with a friend of his on ****ing snapchat, it wasn't intended to be widely seen.

To believe this is fake, you have to believe he's willing to say "au revoir" to his career over absolutely nothing.

No, he's pissed at his employer and Nintendo, and he's making them pay for whatever happened (or whatever he perceives is an injustice to him).

Sucks for Sakurai, Incineroar fans, and the Smash team, but Nintendo should have known this would have happened given their foot dragging.
Not to mention he would've had to draw the characters, move the already existing ones around, redraw the background, and print out something related to the grinch.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
All of them, but Shadow and Isaac most so.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You underestimate the power of the stupidity of the human race.
Tangentially-related note, because Capcom is displaying said stupidity again:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...o_shot_from_the_upcoming_monster_hunter_movie

>getting the guy that ran the Resident Evil movie series into the ground
>again
>with this premise

Isaac, B-K, Geno and Mach Rider for me.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Isaac, hands down.

Then Shadow.
I'm also curious about what Mach Rider will do.
Aw man! Would have been fun to hear him say something.
"Disregard it, there's no Incineroar. I can't believe you [R word]s are believing this" is something like what he would have said.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Geno, Banjo Kazooie, Chorus Kids, Incine oh wait...

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Isaac, hands down.

Then Shadow.

"Disregard it, there's no Incineroar. I can't believe you [R word]s are believing this" is something like what he would have said.
I can see him calling others autistic for believing this. Seriously, I can see him saying this, in an attempt to try to keep his fame and reputation alive.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Mach Rider being at all times on his/her bike like the Jr. in the koopa klown car would be very neat

I can actually see it working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom