• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Well as many on here and I thought, the Direct should of been last week, Or the latest this week. The closer we got to the release the more prone to things like this we became.

That being said, I'm kinda bummed because I tried my best to avoid this once I heard about the credibility.

WITH THAT ALSO BEING SAID HOLY @#$& MY @/^*$ I AM CONTENT

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Not to mention he would've had to draw the characters, move the already existing ones around, redraw the background, and print out something related to the grinch.
Honestly the grinch part is what throws me off the most tbh. If I were to like pretend I was a rep from universal and ask them about Grinch things can I like get a confirmation on this?

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
There are likely multiple people involved here:

Eric Bricard, guy who worked on the banner itself getting the graphic design for the banner ready for placement on this promotional material.

Someone (possibly eric bricard himself, OR just some random factory worker/printer guy) who snap chatted a video of this stuff at his job.

Someone OR someones (friends of the "snapchatter" i assume) who was sent the snap chat video, took screenshots, and posted them online. This person might have been the one to sloppily "edit" out eric bricards name.

So keep in mind eric bricard might not even BE who sent them the snapchat, he might just be a graphic designer who was working on this material at one point and has his name on it and some warehouse guy made the video of it as it was laying around his job AND another person might be the one who took images and edited them (blocking out the name, but again they might not even know "eric bricard" so they may have blocked it very sloppily thinking it didnt matter much).

Wambo

Smash Ace
Can we stop posting the ****ing picture with Shrek on it? Seriously, I'm with that one guy, the last thing we need is misinformation spreading.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
This directly translates to "i have no rebuttal so im just going to insult you"
I havent insulted you, i just gave you all proven facts which are not my opinion, they are just facts. You then said "thats a 300 IQ logic" which, in fact it isnt, is just proven facts. But take it as you want bro.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
If this is real, than who is everyone most looking forward to seeing, out of these newcomers?
For me, as far as the character goes, Banjo-Kazooie and Geno.
For gameplay, Banjo-Kazooie and Mach Rider.
Isaac, no contest.

Banjo-Kazooie and Shadow are close seconds.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I think calling Mach Rider a predictable pick is silly because most people expected Excite Biker or Takamaru as the new retro rep, but ofc the latter was deconfirmed. I don’t even think most people expected a retro rep this time around.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Mach rider? never heard of it
to be fair, I only ever knew of him because of the 9-volt minigames in warioware
Really?
The Mach Rider theme has been in Smash since Melee.
I can see him calling others autistic for believing this. Seriously, I can see him saying this, in an attempt to try to keep his fame and reputation alive.
Indeed.

Also, all the insiders saying this leak is fake because it doesn't line up with the information they have are not good sources to debunk this leak or call it into question, because their information might be the bogus one.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Well as many on here and I thought, the Direct should of been last week, Or the latest this week. The closer we got to the release the more prone to things like this we became.

That being said, I'm kinda bummed because I tried my best to avoid this once I heard about the credibility.

WITH THAT ALSO BEING SAID HOLY @#$& MY @/^*$ I AM CONTENT
I wish I didn't wake up to this image being in my face on Youtube's front page.
Now the surprise is ruined...

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I havent insulted you, i just gave you all proven facts which are not my opinion, they are just facts. You then said "thats a 300 IQ logic" which, in fact it isnt, is just proven facts. But take it as you want bro.
So "we can't have that many characters left" is a fact???
That's the definition OF an opinion.

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
Personnaly, I'm buying it, 90 % real

Btw I'm french, and the guy litteraly say "lol f*** nintendo" in the snap
What a jerk
I feel sad for sakurai if it's true
But Im so hyped by the characters !

Also Mach Rider could maybe be an echoe (Captain Falcon with a move using a gun) so that it would "only" be 4 trailers to fit in a single direct. Yeah that's unlikely ...

Last edited:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
If this is real, than who is everyone most looking forward to seeing, out of these newcomers?
For me, as far as the character goes, Banjo-Kazooie and Geno.
For gameplay, Banjo-Kazooie and Mach Rider.
Geno, Banjo Kazooie and the Chorus Men. I'm super curious how the Chorus Men will work. I'm expecting a rhythm gimmick but outside of that, I don't know.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Indeed.

Also, all the insiders saying this leak is fake because it doesn't line up with the information they have are not good sources to debunk this leak or call it into question, because their information might be bogus.
Yep! Those insiders are definitely hiding something, just to protect their reputation.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm excited for
Shadow
Isaac
Mach Rider
Ken

Geno and B-K are like the Ness+C.Falcon of the original. Like I'm curious to try them out, but I'm indifferent to them as characters.

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I still think that if this is true, then this will be ****ing wild. A Microsoft owner character will be in a first party Nintendo game.

D

Deleted member

Can we stop posting the ****ing picture with Shrek on it? Seriously, I'm with that one guy, the last thing we need is misinformation spreading.
You're saying that as if Shrek isn't going to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I agree. That crud embarrassed me and made me feel like a dumb****.

Last edited:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Funny how this confirms the 108 stages, which Corocoro initially revealed, but then tried to go back on just a few days ago.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I have a deep down fear we may be victims of a viral marketing stunt.

Banjokazzo

Smash Cadet
Hahahahahaha i just love How that picture just shows How easy is to Photoshop something like the banner
I still think is legit,cause is from a vídeo and not an still image

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom