• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
People already have. I'm not about to dig back through dozens of pages just because you're not listening or acknowledging the vast array of other counterpoints and other facts.

Even if we didn't, an inconsistency does not make something fake by default. If it did, ERSB leak would NOT have survived.

How about you focus on how your "evidence" disputes literally everything else that has been said so far before calling it 100% fake?
No, nobody ever found an explanation for that. I only recived some Little Mac in a Wig (and similar) comments but never a valid counter proof.
It's not just the inconsistency, it's how easy it is to make also.
Additionally, when I made this (with very low effort and very fast), I noticed how easy it is to cut Luigi and move Bayonetta. They moved the characters in the most convenient way, and working on the picture myself, I realized it.

They have the background ready, it's already of good quality, there is no need to change the clouds, for no reason, especially because the ones in the leak are more ugly... they wouldn't ever decrease the quality of the picture in the final version. They wouldn't ever modify the background in the first place, unless they have a major change to do such as in the final version they make it night.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So, between this and Spawn Wave, we have these characters to still be revealed:
  • Incineroar
  • Ken
  • Isaac
  • Mach Rider
  • Chorus Kids
  • Shadow
  • Geno
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Sora (speculated)
How the **** is this "a few" and why the **** would they slow down the reveals?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
No, nobody ever found an explanation for that. I only recived some Little Mac in a Wig (and similar) comments but never a valid counter proof.
It's not just the inconsistency, it's how easy it is to make also.
Additionally, when I made this (with very low effort and very fast), I noticed how easy it is to cut Luigi and move Bayonetta. They moved the characters in the most convenient way, and working on the picture myself, I realized it.

They have the background ready, it's already of good quality, there is no need to change the clouds, for no reason, especially because the ones in the leak are more ugly... they wouldn't ever decrease the quality of the picture in the final version. They wouldn't ever modify the background in the first place, unless they have a major change to do such as in the final version they make it night.
THERE'S LIKE 5 DIFFERENT POSTS OF EXPLANATION MAN WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT
Not to be rude but you're just plain-out ignoring every argument and generalizing them like come ON man

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Actually yeah, if we had a Mach Rider stage, that would REALLY help answer the question of where some of these tracks would even go. A MR stage being a retro stage would give a home to some of these tracks, and lines up with Sakurai saying "series with only one stage/not enough music" or whatever going in the "other" section/

D

Deleted member

.....Incineroar wouldn't be DLC.

The only possible DLC from Gen 7 would be the other man-cat.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
  • Incineroar
  • Ken
  • Isaac
  • Mach Rider
  • Chorus Kids
  • Shadow
  • Geno
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Sora (speculated)
A few is INCREDIBLY subjective TPC.
5 unique newcomers can be seen as a "few". Not considering the Sora speculation.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Wouldn't this be in Mach Rider's section? Are Ice Climbers, G&W and Gyromite music also filed under "Other"?
Edit: Just saw Gyromite in this picture.
I clicked this to say "OPEN YOUR EYES BUDDY" but I got ninja'd by your edit.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
I'm thankful for the burst of discussion, but... there's been 60 pages since I last checked.

Can I get the play-by-play of the situation? Something about How The Grinch Stole Smash or whatever?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
oh my god
In before someone says "but Sakurai wouldn't tease people with something that's been shown a while before!".

One of my initial strikes against this was the lack of Incineroar. And now we have insiders saying even if it is real, it's lacking Incineroar (independent of Verge). I still stand by my initial assumption that Incineroar is likely in, which led me to believe it was fake. Now--I'm thinking both might be true. Either way, real or fake, I think Incineroar is likely.

My guess--Sun and Moon could have came in too late in the dev cycle, and with two returning fighters, made sense as DLC (they need first party characters since every veteran is returning). I know you don't think DLC is likely, though, but that's where I'm at.
Goodness, Incineroar really has become Schrodinger's Cat, hasn't he?

Noipoi

Howdy!
One of my initial strikes against this was the lack of Incineroar. And now we have insiders saying even if it is real, it's lacking Incineroar (independent of Verge). I still stand by my initial assumption that Incineroar is likely in, which led me to believe it was fake. Now--I'm thinking both might be true. Either way, real or fake, I think Incineroar is likely.

My guess--Sun and Moon could have came in too late in the dev cycle, and with two returning fighters, made sense as DLC (they need first party characters since every veteran is returning). I know you don't think DLC is likely, though, but that's where I'm at.
I suppose it could happen as very early dlc.

I thought you didn't believe it though? Assuming it's fake, nothing's been ruined yet.

That said, even if this is fake, Nintendo kinda needs to do something soon. We're getting pretty dang close to the hardcore advertising and printing materials phase, if we're not already there.
I don't, but I also acknowledge that this image has a lot of things going for it.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
SSBU's development started closer to SM's release than 4's did to XY's. Wanting to get all the fan favorites in rather than promotional choices must've been a bigger obstacle than lycanroc being promoted more

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime

in all honesty though this roster is great; everything I could have wanted and more
That was fast.

You know what, I'll pick up Mach Rider if he shows up. I don't know anything about him, but I'll take him on my team to go dirtbike all over the competition.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Even if this is the end, we still have Spawn Wave's remark that there is either a missing character or missing characters, so there's still some surprises left in terms of characters.

I sincerely hope it's Sora.
Same.
I'm eagerly waiting their Video about that Banner leak, because, knowing them, they usually drop a hint of two about what they know in their video.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Wouldn't this be in Mach Rider's section? Are Ice Climbers, G&W and Gyromite music also filed under "Other"?
Edit: Just saw Gyromite in this picture.
Duck Hunt is too. "Other" is the category for 'characters from series with single games'.

D

Deleted member

The question I want to bring up is: would Sakurai show the song associated with an unrevealed fighter? You could say "it's from past games" but wouldn't one of the Golden Sun songs be suspicious? And if we are to believe the leak, why didn't they hide it? As the have clearly hidden the music sections for BK, and GS.

Potato_

Smash Lord
  • Incineroar
  • Ken
  • Isaac
  • Mach Rider
  • Chorus Kids
  • Shadow
  • Geno
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Sora (speculated)
I'm not going to fully commit, because it could still be fake...

But if it's real, hoo boy. I got a lot of **** in the past for saying Sakurai's comment (the few newcomers one) was vague and could easily be interpreted differently, and that It was possible we had more in the future than people were expecting. Not to mention the fact that Sakurai always downplayed expectations in the past.

Basically, I am salt and I want to be vindicated.

D

Deleted member

I don't, but I also acknowledge that this image has a lot of things going for it.
I'm not gonna lie, a lot of my arguments against it are my pessimism talking.

There really isn't that many great arguments against this leak. It's kinda like the Ken leak, every time someone's tried to shoot it down, the point gets dealt with and somehow makes the leak even stronger.

I honestly don't know what to think. :dizzy:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
This makes less sense than it being either real or fake.
When I say viral Marketing, I don't mean by Nintendo for Smash.

Feels like somene's taking the Smash community for a ride.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
The question I want to bring up is: would Sakurai show the song associated with an unrevealed fighter? You could say "it's from past games" but wouldn't one of the Golden Sun songs be suspicious? And if we are to believe the leak, why didn't they hide it? As the have clearly hidden the music sections for BK, and GS.
After the debacle of months of "WHO ARE THE SHADOWS UNDERNEATH THE FLAMING LOGO" I'm willing to believe that yes, yes he would
They may not have hid it because they knew we wouldn't suspect a thing.
And we didn't.
Not until this leak came out. I didn't even know Mach Rider was a song in Ultimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom