• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
"Too complicated for anyone to do"

Really? It's absolutely impossible?
No, it's not. Personally, the empty background means nothing to me, also the blurry pic makes it even easier to fake.
This kind of stuff is outstanding and pros can come with it in few hours. It's something very popular with speed-painting videos, concept-art and such. For example this one.

The effort in photomanipulation is something affordable for many people. The Linkedin profile and the design company are stronger points than that.
It got a very good points but I can't underestimate what a person can do for a fake. Personally I need more footage than that, a legit gameplay video at least., pics lie very often. ESRB leak showed a lot of pics even videos, there was more than just one image.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
If this doesn't get debunked before the final Direct, prepare yourselves for the biggest saltstorm you've ever seen if Ken and Incineroar end up being the last newcomers.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'd just like to point out that, for this to be fake, the person in question who made the video would have had to:

-have the artistic skill to draw all of those characters in a similar style to the rest of the cast
-painstakingly recreate the entire battlefield background with none of the fighters while also making it even bigger
-Slide said characters into the rest of the mural in a way that makes them look natural (With the possible exception of Snake and Olimar, for the sake of fairness)
-painstakingly add in part of characters originally cut off or obscured, such as :ultroy:'s leg and several other bits
-create fake templates for it, such as banners
-actually USE one of said templates to make a still-sealed wristband using the company's assets
-either work at this promotional company or have access to its office, or research it so thoroughly to the point of knowing they worked for Namco and getting the name of a specific individual working in said company
-know what other projects the company was working on, I.E. The Grinch
-specifically go out of their way to record video rather than purely screenshots
-Probably a bunch of other things I'm not even considering
-Willingly put his job or the job of a friend on the line purely to say "**** Nintendo"

Please, do let me know if I missed anything. If this is fake, then this man is the single greatest con artist to ever exist in the history of leaks.

Every leak is ESRB 2.0 in this day and age.

Even better, Snapchat alerts you if someone screenshots something you sent on stories. If this is legit, Eric is fully aware of who the ******* is.

CAN'T ESCAPE FROM CROSSING FATE
The only other "ERSB 2.0" We've had is Ken, and last I check that's still not debunked. Your point?

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Yeah that's the same because Shadow went on to have so many successful fleshed out solo outings. Oh wait. But I guess he had many more memorable moments as Sonic's sidekick. Oh wait.

No. Shadow is a garbage character and the only reason he is in is because he can be construed as a villain or at least "dark" sonic, but overall a damned waste of space and Tails would be a more interesting character with more relevance.
Yo, I prefer Tails over Shadow too. But this is a bad take.

And for the record, Tails can still get in (Probably DLC, but still). He wouldn't have been an echo if he got in. Shadow could be an echo, so it just fit. It's that simple. Tails is a prime candidate should a 3rd party franchise manage to get a non-echo newcomer.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
The only thing that's garbage here is your attitude.
Congratulations, you have witnessed the wild Sonic fan in its natural state of being; violently deriding a character they don't like.

I'm in contact with the french guy and he said that wasn't the final roster. This is the full picture. Im still trying to figure out whos there myself.
I see what you did there.

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
If this is actually real, we could get an announcement soon. After the ESRB leak, Shulk’s reveal came like a day or two later, so that could be the case here. Unlikely, but there’s a possibility.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Wow...missed quite a bit today!

Well, I wouldn’t say i’ve missed it because i’ve been lurking all day while at work. I’ll have a more comprehensive post in a bit once i’ve finished work and gotten home.

All I will say is, from everything I know, there’s some pretty good reason to believe this.

Dis gon b gud.
I was lowkey expecting your entrance into the thread to be a 30 paragraph magnum opus on "How The Box Theory Can Still Win!"

Now it looks like you're "Dr. Leaklove: or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Leak"

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well personally, I'm not going to believe any lewk that doesn't have...

- Wurmple/Steenee/Gothitelle along with Pokemon Trainer 2
- More FE swordsmen beyond just Isaac
- My most wanted who just so happens to be a 100% lock
- Goku
- Rumble McSkimish as a double echo of Ken and Ryu (he has two echo symbols rather then just one)
- Scrooge McDuck as the wtf retro pick

I mean what is this leak even? Shadow? He's just edgy Sonic, there's no way he'll get in *insert my most wanted here*.

Joking aside I'm remaining neutral.

StormC

Smash Hero
The image is honestly the least convincing thing. Everything besides the image is almost bulletproof.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I just want to see everything about Mach Rider and Chorus Kids.

How did Sakurai make them work? What's their gameplay like? Is Mach Rider always in the bike?
It would be very difficult for him to grab onto the ledge.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
Because you can't deny that the possibility is there, no matter how you spin it. Your argument is that 7 characters is impossible, and im curious do you work for Sora Ltd? Do you personally know Sakurai and his work ethic? Im just curious cause i can see you have 300 IQ and id like your input.
Sure.

No, i dont work for Nintendo or Sora ltd.

This leaks literally go against everything that has been said even by sakurai himself, we´ve never had 7 characters in a single trailer, 5 newcomers and 2 echoes. All of these are fanfavorite / predictable picks. This leaks goes against every insider or person who knows something about upcoming smash, we are literally one month away, what makes you believe we are getting 7 characters?

How would someone be so dumb of putting his name on the public mainstream and risking his job in such a silly way?
So after months and months of speculation, a dude with some reputation decides to risk his job just for the lulz?

There are a lot of weird stuff, a blurry quality to barely analyze the pixels. Sure Esrb leak was blurry but it was way clearer than this.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
After sleeping on it, I don't really believe that big leak.
Spirit Hand just doesn't sound real to me.

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so let's assume there are no more FE characters to be added. I can't see any more space for them after this "leak", so assuming it to be true:

Why was Chrom a Roy echo when they clearly wanted to make him an Ike echo, if Ike isn't getting an echo of his own?

D

Deleted member

My mind is freaking lost.

Who are the patriots?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I was lowkey expecting your entrance into the thread to be a 30 paragraph magnum opus on "How The Box Theory Can Still Win!"

Now it looks like you're "Dr. Leaklove: or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Leak"
I was never hoping to be right about the box. Let’s make that very clear.

If this leak is real (which I will go more in-depth with later) this dude totally went above and beyond and likely spent money in this.

Just. To. Fool. People.

Last edited:

google chrom

Smash Apprentice
But the other photos in the leak that don't show anything important are clear as crystal. It's just the ones that actually show the poster with the characters, the part of the leak that is the most difficult to make look convincing, that's blurry. Just like every other "leak" like this.
because getting a picture of stuff that isn't important probably doesn't matter if it gets posted buddy. Things that are important are a big no no to post on the internet and you'll get in big trouble if you're caught just taking a focused and professional picture of something in a public area with other workers wow.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Sure.

No, i dont work for Nintendo or Sora ltd.

This leaks literally go against everything that has been said even by sakurai himself, we´ve never had 7 characters in a single trailer, 5 newcomers and 2 echoes. All of these are fanfavorite / predictable picks. This leaks goes against every insider or person who knows something about upcoming smash, we are literally one month away, what makes you believe we are getting 7 characters?

How would someone be so dumb of putting his name on the public mainstream and risking his job in such a silly way?
So after months and months of speculation, a dude with some reputation decides to risk his job just for the lulz?

There are a lot of weird stuff, a blurry quality to barely analyze the pixels. Sure Esrb leak was blurry but it was way clearer than this.
Ahh so your point that it's "impossible" is a completely subjective belief that we can't get 7 characters and a convenient forgetting that the ESRB leak happened and somebody has risked their job in a silly way like this before

Untouch

Smash Master
Okay, so let's assume there are no more FE characters to be added. I can't see any more space for them after this "leak", so assuming it to be true:

Why was Chrom a Roy echo when they clearly wanted to make him an Ike echo, if Ike isn't getting an echo of his own?
Chrom's skeleton probably fit better over Roy.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
I was never hoping to be right about the box. Let’s make that very clear.

If this leak is real (which I will go more in-depth with later) this dude totally qent above and beyond and likely spent money in this.

Just. To. Fool. People.
ik ik haha just a joke :)

But yeah, while I initially was very skeptical and pressed X to doubt, the circumstantial evidence is really starting to stack up.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm in contact with the french guy and he said that wasn't the final roster. This is the full picture. Im still trying to figure out whos there myself.
You know...

...the area behind Ken looks kind of like Robo-Cop to me. :laugh:

EDIT: Also, Agumon is in that image by Mach Rider. But it's literally just this render of him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But the other photos in the leak that don't show anything important are clear as crystal. It's just the ones that actually show the poster with the characters, the part of the leak that is the most difficult to make look convincing, that's blurry. Just like every other "leak" like this.
It sounds like you desperately don't want this leak to be real if you ask me.

D

Deleted member

Just to be clear, though, I really, really, really, hope this is real, because it would be freakin' nuts.

I'm just a pessimist. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom