• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
Well, he wouldn't be out of a job if he faked it.
Yes, he would. Your employer doesn't care if you only used your access to classified information to "pretend" to break NDA.

Might not get him blacklisted but would still have consequences even if fake.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
View attachment 171608

The more I look at Shadow in the "Grinch leak", the more I question....

Why is his arm too wide? It doesn't look right.
Gotta reach out with that gun obviously.
What I don't buy is that in three years, this dev team was able to develop 81 fighters, potentially a story-mode, everything in Games & More, everything in Vault, and the main Smash mode that has at least 5 different complex modes in it with 103 stages and 800 pieces of music.

Time will tell, I suppose, but this whole thing seems waaaaaaay too good to be true. Thankfully, we most likely only have like two weeks at most until this is all over.
Your underestimating Sakurai's commitment. Melee was made in 13 months. Bamco is on board and know what they are doing.

Not to mention 80% of the game is built off of smash 4. The stages and characters only needed small tweeks.
Uh... Even ResetEra's Imran is at it...

Source
That's a pretty contradiction statement. I'm just gonna assume they think they know the roster and want attention but they actually don't.
Damn that'd be SUCH a weird pick for leaker bait too
It actually makes a lot of sense. Incenroar was such an easy guess for a gen 7 pokemon. Nintendo knows this and that a new pokemon is expected almost every game.

Leakers who hear about incenroar will say "whoa kind of an easy guess but I'll leak it so they know I'm right"

That way a majority of leakers now jump on the incenroar train and Nintendo laughs at how many people took bait for such an obvious character.

bountyhunta87

Smash Cadet
Understandable POV but you really should not rule it out simply because he didn't take an image
Why give us the name tho? so we could find the workplace in minutes thus giving it validity? As for the clean background battlefield, maybe they did print promos for smash but maybe those were for all the events and turnaments that have been going on and just added characters on. Of course I have no evidence to disaprove the claim but as much as I want it to be real something does not feel right and I'm guessing all the printing will start after the next and last direct since they have been very secretive about it and very wrathful of leaks.

D

Deleted member

I don’t know if I can handle the level of hype this leak has brought me to.

Trisepta

Smash Cadet
Anyone could put it together as a speculative list — fewer people could put it together in a feasible render, alongside another render of empty Battlefield, with details implying sensical links as to its origin through a French company, and with a couple of renders from other upcoming media.
You're assuming that it's all either real or fake. Some parts of it could be real while other parts of it could be fake.
I think it's safe to believe that there was someone that worked at that company.
I'd even say it's safe to believe that he had some Smash Ultimate artwork assets like the mural background and the individual character renders for it.
But there is the possibility that he had those assets and added his own renders to make a fake leak. Not saying that's the case, but it is a possibility.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm feeling really conflicted about this leak. It's way too good to be true. But then again, I probably would have said the same thing at "Everyone is Here" or "Ridley and King K.Rool will be newcomers" already.

Ah who am I kidding, they'd never put in Wendy's before Ronald McDonald or the Burger King. This is clearly BS.

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Ok, after doing some thinking and reading into this leak, I put myself Team... Caution. I would love for this to be real and it seems to be able to hold itself up well so far. With that being said, I am still keeping my expectations low in case this does end up getting debunked.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Why give us the name tho? so we could find the workplace in minutes thus giving it validity? As for the clean background battlefield, maybe they did print promos for smash but maybe those were for all the events and turnaments that have been going on and just added characters on. Of course I have no evidence to disaprove the claim but as much as I want it to be real something does not feel right and I'm guessing all the printing will start after the next and last direct since they have been very secretive about it and very wrathful of leaks.
He didn't intend to give us the name, remember?
He blacked it out.

Graizen

Smash Champion
This is better i think...
Compared it with the old posters, and the blue and orange parts are realy not there

ooomega2.jpg

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Is there a specific reason why Smash fandom doesn't count characters that loved by casual audiences from fanservice?
Because "gamers" have a very annoying tendency to want to keep their passions separate from mainstream appeal.

"Yay! Isabelle got in! I love Animal Crossing."
"Oh, pffft. Casual. I bet you don't even know who Geno is."
"I... don't? I just like Isabelle--"
"YEAH, THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT."

Noipoi

Howdy!
Alright, assuming this is real here's my hype ranking. From least to most hype.

Mach Rider
Who?
1/10

Ken
I expected him. You expected him. Your mom expected him. Whatever...
3/10

Isaac
Literally don't care. At least his moveset seems like it'd be interesting. Good for his fans I guess.
4/10

Chorus Kids
I'm not a Rhythm Heaven guy, but it seems like they'd be unique. Also they're cute.
7/10

Shadow
OW THE EDGE
8/10

Banjo
Now we're talking! Banjo's a cool dude, and to see him come back to Nintendo where he belongs is amazing!
Vinny can never trick us again.
9/10

Geno
He did it. He actually went and did it. I can't believe it, this is incredible! It's astounding! It's amazing! I can barely find the words!
Geno's such a cool character who's been kept alive because of his devoted fans, If he finally got in I don't know what i'd do with myself!
Even if Incineroar doesn't get in (I still have hope!) Geno makes this amazing roster even more amazing.
9999/10

beans

Smash Lord
Sassy Geno we come as a newcomer separate of normal Geno.
And Wendy will Sassy Geno's echo fighter

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well hey, if you guys need a distraction from the world and everything we thought we knew about it falling apart around us, today's blog post within a blog post is up!

Today's post:

"We have decided to cut greninja from the game. We have recently learned the french can't be trusted and thus their signature pokemon must pay the price. We are sorry for any inconveniences, but **** you leakers."

-Mashiro Sakurai

Ivander

Smash Legend
I dunno...

Something feels really off about this...
Who knows? Only time will tell....and the next Smash Announcement.

That aside, I'm all neutral. If it's real, cool. If not, whatever. Although it does make me very sad at the possibility that Ray 01 and Monster Hunter were possibly going to be in, especially Ray 01. :crying:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
I think at this point, there's so much evidence pointing to "it's real" more than pointing to "it's fake" so I'mma believe the leak, ok?

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I just really hope that if this ends up being fake, people still remember what an incredible roster this is, even without any of these leaked characters.
I definitely will because we got K. Rool and Ridley.
I repeat, K. ROOL and RIDLEY.

On a similar note, people saying this leak ain't happening because it's too good to be true should remember how unlikely Ridley and K. Rool were (or looked to be.) They were too good to be true as well and we should know by now that Sakurai is really aiming to please this time around, what with the "everyone is here!" stuff and really popular picks are being realized as playable.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
How the Grinch ruined Saved Smash speculation?

As a box theorist, this perplexes me. I mean, I am looking at literally another box here with more details. The mural looks well made, and evidence points towards it being real due to the company being linked and commentating on the matter.

If it is real, I feel sorry for Sakurai...but this is exactly why they should have made the final Direct earlier. If they knew the game was being prepared for shipping with that mural on the box, then why risk it leaking? The ESRB leaked last time, so this foreign subsidiary could as well.

And is it another potential case of a guy sharing it with a friend and it spiraled out of control, maybe?

I am satisfied with the roster so these newcomers are extra goodies at this point. Banjo in would be very cool and the old Rareware musical touch in Smash would be worth it. Isaac's been in demand for so long that it feels right. Ken I was cool with and liked somewhat. The rest? Meh to me...but these are characters that pleases nearly everyone.

I am shocked Dixie and Bandana Dee didn't make it once again. As for my boy Phoenix...don't worry boy we'll try to get you involved through DLC!

Black Shadow...well...looks like your fate is forever tied to Nintendo making a new F-Zero game. Hang on tight.

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
One theory I devised if this is real is that this mural is merely the final design with all the planned DLC fighters in mind. However, what is disconcerting is the lack of Incineroar. I can easily believe that the final two newcomers are Ken and Incineroar, and that the planned set of newcomers are Shadow, Banjo-Kazooie, Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, Geno, and Isaac. Six newcomers as DLC almost matches the amount of total characters we received as DLC for Smash 4.

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
You're assuming that it's all either real or fake. Some parts of it could be real while other parts of it could be fake.
I think it's safe to believe that there was someone that worked at that company.
I'd even say it's safe to believe that he had some Smash Ultimate artwork assets like the mural background and the individual character renders for it.
But there is the possibility that he had those assets and added his own renders to make a fake leak. Not saying that's the case, but it is a possibility.
I didn't say anything about all of the points being true, only that each of them amount to more than someone 'putting together' some characters, as was implied in the original post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom