• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
If there are 33 blog posts left, and 33 things left to post about, they're gonna have to start doubling up on days.
I'm not sure that all of the items/stages will be shown off by launch, especially since there's still content that we don't know about that could warrant a blog post. I'm fairly confident that all of the new to Ultimate content (at least characters and stages) will be posted on the blog prior to release.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

Yatagarasu4

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1048-9705-8601
Switch FC
SW-1119-7285-9411
Ahh man, I kinda miss Miiverse. It wasn't necessarily the best social media attempt thing from Nintendo, but it was pretty cool at times. I even made some friends I'm still in contact with of all things lol.
I would miss Miiverse if there was no toxicity and roleplayers

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I made this series icon for Minecraft:
Minecraft icon.png

I actually made it back when I shared a few thumbnails on here; it was in the Steve thumbnail.

I also made this Geno art last night:
Geno (smaller size).png

Just thought I'd share it here.

also yes Crunchii is a troll.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm not sure that all of the items/stages will be shown off by launch, especially since there's still content that we don't know about that could warrant a blog post. I'm fairly confident that all of the new to Ultimate content (at least characters and stages) will be posted on the blog prior to release.
We're gonna be deep in the game and there's still gonna be blog posts, huh?
That's pretty funny.

D

Deleted member

If you're only here to just post your fanfiction of a leak, please get out... This is not the place to discuss it. thanks,

It got debunked, by Crunchii himself, calling us gullible and stuff
Aw drat I really wanted Those Who Stand Against Our Path :(

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I just did a little bit of counting. There's 33 update days left until Super Smash Bros. Ultimate releases.
This is the content that most likely will still receive a blogpost:

Fighters:
5 Yoshi
17 Zelda
24 Mewtwo
25 Roy
26 Mr. Game & Watch
27 Meta Knight
29 Zero Suit Samus
36 Diddy Kong
37 Lucas
40 Olimar
48 Rosalina & Luma
49 Little Mac
55 Pac-Man
56 Robin
63 Bayonetta

Total: 15

Assist Trophies:
Gray Fox
Burrowing Snagret
Chef Kawasaki
Arcade Bunny
Klap Trap
Nikki

Total: 6

Pokéball Pokémon:
Vulpix
Pyukumuku
Scizor

Total: 3

Items:
Rage Blaster
Healing Field
Killing Edge
Staff
Banana Gun
Ramblin' Evil Mushroom

Total: 6

Grand total of all the above is 30. If you were to potentially add in the actual Assist Trophy, Pokéball and Master Ball items (which on the website are listed on the same row as all the new items), that'd be exactly 33, the same amount of update days we currently still have left.

Keep in mind, music posts aren't counted in here, nor are stage updates, since right now it's impossible to tell if all previous stages will get an update (and all new stages already got a blog post unless you count this game's Big Battlefield), at which point there's still a lot of them to go over, at which point this entire post is probably pointless.

..actually this post is probably pointless anyway, but I was bored and thought I'd put this up anyway. It probably doesn't really mean anything. :yoshi:
Amazing job! :yoshi:

This will definitely make a good reference. It is strange how at this point they exactly equal--though, as mentioned, we know there's one more Direct coming, a couple/few more characters and we know there are 10-20 assists that still need to be revealed, so my guess is not every item/assist will be displayed on the blog (before launch). Still, interesting how that lines up.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Everyone, I realized there is still a great mystery unsolved in regards to Ultimate! And we've all just forgotten all about it!

WHO WERE THE SILHOUETTES?!

We now know that literally everyone is here, but who were the silhouettes in the first teaser?
I believe Jimmy Neutron is somewhere in there...
100% confirmed by videogamedunkey:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I made this series icon for Minecraft:

I actually made it back when I shared a few thumbnails on here; it was in the Steve thumbnail.

I also made this Geno art last night:

Just thought I'd share it here.

also yes Crunchii is a troll.
They look real good, but that Geno isn't nearly sassy enough.

D

Deleted member

Man thats kinda dumb though wasn't Crunchii like one of the "premier" Youtube music rip channels? Kinda sucks that he turned out to be like this... I remember seeing a post where he stole someone else on this boards work. I didn't believe it but now I can 100% see it. what a ****

Shroob

Sup?
Marshadow then Ditto is correct, but considering we still have Pyukumuku left from the 8.8 Direct yet to be shown on the blog, it is not quite 1:1. From the 8.8 Direct itself, we had Alolan Exeggutor, Abra, Solgaleo, Lunala, Mimikyu, Pyukumuku, Vulpix, Alolan Vulpix, Marshadow, and then Ditto as the last one, in that order.

Solgaleo and Lunala don't really count, as they were already shown before in the E3 Direct, and on the blog as well before the 8.8 Direct (plus Alolan Vulpix was also covered on the blog before the 8.8 Direct), but since then, our order for these Pokémon as revealed through the blog post is:

Abra (8/13), Alolan Exeggutor (9/5), Mimikyu (10/4), Marshadow (10/15) and Ditto's from tonight.

Non-Alolan Vulpix hasn't been covered either, but I have a feeling it will be skipped over in terms of remaining blog posts, so really, I think Pyukumuku will be the only remaining Poké Ball Pokémon covered before our final direct.
So we're almost out a Pokemon, neat.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I just wish the arcade game Fix-It Felix Jr. was released on consoles, or even emulated by somebody, it must be the greatest Donkey Kong tribute, and most of us won't get to play it.

Her mallet is heavily associated with her at this point. So unless they're on a Melee-style time crunch, I can't see them justify giving her the Echo treatment.

Y'all gotta be on something if you think I was serious about Amy being an Echo

I Don't know if anyone on here posted my video, but This is something to keep in mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP_HWZ1i_oQ&t=
Wrong place LOL. If you're seeking attention, I'd suggest you leave before people get on you

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Amy has been a clone of Sonic in at least 3 games.

An echo could easily be made out of her.
The problem is... people love her hammer gameplay. So you can't really get Amy without the Piko Piko hammer. Especially Modern Amy.

But hey, maybe she could borrow a few moves from :ulticeclimbers::ultkingdedede:.

if they gave Knuckles a Homing Attack, and they made :ultdarksamus: a literal :ultsamus: clone, they can make a direct echo off Sonic. Spin based moveset and all.

Last edited:

Yatagarasu4

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1048-9705-8601
Switch FC
SW-1119-7285-9411
Man thats kinda dumb though wasn't Crunchii like one of the "premier" Youtube music rip channels? Kinda sucks that he turned out to be like this... I remember seeing a post where he stole someone else on this boards work. I didn't believe it but now I can 100% see it. what a ****
Actually your wrong, the Premier vgm ripper is Siiva Gunner

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Amazing job! :yoshi:

This will definitely make a good reference. It is strange how at this point they exactly equal--though, as mentioned, we know there's one more Direct coming, a couple/few more characters and we know there are 10-20 assists that still need to be revealed, so my guess is not every item/assist will be displayed on the blog (before launch). Still, interesting how that lines up.
The way that lined up was mostly what convinced me to post that up here honestly. I was counting that for myself in a Wordpad file to keep track of, and I thought that was too much of a funny coincidence not to share. Of course that's all it is right now, a coincidence, and nothing more!
But hey, what if the Assist Trophy, Pokéball and Master Ball items won't be posted on the blog due to being returning items, but the rest of those things will be posted, with the remaining 3 blog posts being about newcomers? ....would that mean I came up with a new theory on there being 3 fighters left? :p

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I can't wait until the multiple Smash Bros. rips by SiIvaGunner start getting uploaded when Ultimate releases.

From what I've seen, they have had multiple rips for Brawl and SSB Wii U/3DS.

Last edited:

Yatagarasu4

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1048-9705-8601
Switch FC
SW-1119-7285-9411
I can't wait until the multiple Smash Bros. rips by SiIvaGunner start getting uploaded when Ultimate releases.

Can't wait for siiva to legit rip the whole smash ultimate ost

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192

I personally can't wait until the extensions start getting uploaded, as those are what I crave. ;)

BrawlBRSTMs3 X is one of my go-tos for that, and for Smash Bros. in particular, his uploads are fantastic.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
They basically did that after Smash 3DS...
Tbf...the Wii U version still had to release
Amy has been a clone of Sonic in at least 3 games.

An echo could easily be made out of her.
The problem is... people love her hammer gameplay. So you can't really get Amy without the Piko Piko hammer. Especially Modern Amy.

But hey, maybe she could borrow a few moves from :ulticeclimbers::ultkingdedede:.

if they gave Knuckles a Homing Attack, and they made :ultdarksamus: a literal :ultsamus: clone, they can make a direct echo off Sonic. Spin based moveset and all.
You...you easily get it

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Nice! Reminded me I haven't done one with DLC, though it's mainly because I don't like speculating about DLC given there's so many unknowns--who's in the base, what it's structure would be, how long we can expect it to continue (and the remote possibility there isn't any). Here's my expectations/wishlist:

I feel like there will be more third party characters as DLC than first party, but I tried to make them even (it was, until I realized I forgot to add Isabelle) and it got most of the main characters I'm concerned about, as well as one character per third party (I'd give Konami one, but Bomberman's an assist--and I decided to try no assists for this one). I also think if echoes are DLC, they'll either be free (to Nintendo online subscribers) or very cheap, and so I don't see third party echoes being a thing.

There are other characters I feel are likely, such as Travis Touchdown as our first Indie rep and a Felix echo for Isaac. Got close to 100 (98-ish depending on how you count it), but my perfectionism got the best of me. Order doesn't matter, and the colors are green confirmed, yellow base, red DLC. Also much more DLC than might be realistic, but my hope is that Smash DLC continues for many years as possible (which also makes it difficult to guess what will be popular two years from now). Can't really fathom what a follow up could do to top Ultimate.
Outside of no Bethesda character or Steve, this is near perfect.
I just wish the arcade game Fix-It Felix Jr. was released on consoles, or even emulated by somebody, it must be the greatest Donkey Kong tribute, and most of us won't get to play it.

Her mallet is heavily associated with her at this point. So unless they're on a Melee-style time crunch, I can't see them justify giving her the Echo treatment.
Isn't it just a simple web game?
Wouldn't count on a Fire Emblem newcomer
Heavy doubt Joker would be in over Yu Narukami and I doubt Yu would be in over Jack
I'd go bananas for some Travis Touchdown

Pretty neat list though!
Including Jack over Ren or Yu would be like picking a Chocobo or generic Black Mage over Cloud or Terra or an actual character. Jack would probably be an AT or maybe a part of Ren/Yu's moveset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom