• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Actually, question but, are the Pokemon that we've seen gotten via blog posts been in order as they were revealed in the Direct?

Because I remember it went Marshadow into Ditto, and Ditto was the last one.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I need to go ask this

Anyone on here have a Resetera account if so, can you ask some of the members if they have some LEaked Shadow Gameplay or some LEaked Shadow Pictures

it was an idea i had to go ask, but i can't make account on there, so eh

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I made a thing.
Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 9.40.09 PM.png

I threw this hypothetical final roster together out of pure boredom. I based the amount of DLC fighters on a comparable fighting game with season passes (Street Fighter V, which had 3 seasons of 6 fighters each). Having this many DLC fighters would support the game for a significant amount of time post release, and it would hit up both the up and comers that missed the roster, some characters that simply didn't make the base roster (echoes or otherwise), and then a few surprises.

By no means do I think this is likely. I think the Season Pass idea might be, but I can't say I'd call some of or all of these characters likely save a few.

Grand total comes to 90 characters.

Thing with this mega roster is that it very much limits the newcomers of the following game, but that's kind of the point. If this roster checks a ton of boxes, you don't necessarily need to release a brand spanking new Smash for a longer period of time.

I mean hey, I'd **** with a roster like this. I'll admit some of my choices were biased but eh, sue me.

Last edited:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
I need to go ask this

Anyone on here have a Resetera account if so, can you ask some of the members if they have some LEaked Shadow Gameplay or some LEaked Shadow Pictures

it was an idea i had to go ask, but i can't make account on there, so eh
If there was a legitimate Shadow leak I'm sure it'd have caught like wildfire already.

And boy I really wish there was :(

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Man we need something news related.

Can't believe I am asking... has Vergeben said anything lately? (Uggggghhh)

Thankfully Soul Calibur VI is keeping me sane.
I was thinking about maybe getting Soul Caliber VI to tide me over until Smash comes out. I haven't played any other Soul Caliber games though; is it accessible for new players?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
That’s what Sonic is for...you’re forgetting or ignoring the hedgehog she’d share most of her moves from
Amy doesn't share dimensions with Sonic. That is, unless they decide to use her early design, which had Sonic's body design, but I doubt that.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I was thinking about maybe getting Soul Caliber VI to tide me over until Smash comes out. I haven't played any other Soul Caliber games though; is it accessible for new players?
It is actually. There is a tutorial like thing you can do in the character creator story that helps with the basics. I am not a big fighting game player and I find it fun!

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I don't think character customization would be possible on account of there being third parties and such that they'd have to get approval for. That's why all of Sonic, Pac-Man, and Cloud's alt colors are trash. The IP owners didn't want them to be made too differently.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I made a thing.
View attachment 171224

I threw this hypothetical final roster together out of pure boredom. I based the amount of DLC fighters on a comparable fighting game with season passes (Street Fighter V, which had 3 seasons of 6 fighters each). Having this many DLC fighters would support the game for a significant amount of time post release, and it would hit up both the up and comers that missed the roster, some characters that simply didn't make the base roster (echoes or otherwise), and then a few surprises.

By no means do I think this is likely. I think the Season Pass idea might be, but I can't say I'd call some of or all of these characters likely save a few.

Grand total comes to 91 characters.

Thing with this mega roster is that it very much limits the newcomers of the following game, but that's kind of the point. If this roster checks a ton of boxes, you don't necessarily need to release a brand spanking new Smash for a longer period of time.

I mean hey, I'd **** with a roster like this. I'll admit some of my choices were biased but eh, sue me.
I was with you until you used battlesuit Jill.

Shoulderpads or gtfo.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
It is actually. There is a tutorial like thing you can do in the character creator story that helps with the basics. I am not a big fighting game player and I find it fun!
Cool, thanks for the info! The stuff I've seen from it so far looked pretty fun to me, so I'm keeping it on my radar. I wish there was a demo on PS4 so I could give it a try first.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Probably be on par to that to when Waluigi was revealed as an assist once more.:laugh:
Except Waluigi was never actually in the running. His ironic popularity only spiked in 2016 or 2017, so it's not like he'd be considered back when the roster was decided in 2015. He was also deconfirmed right at E3.

Geno's been mentioned by Sakurai before, added as a Mii Costume in response to that back in Smash 4, and hasn't been shown or discussed in any capacity yet. So him not being revealed would be way more of a blowback.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Except Waluigi was never actually in the running. His ironic popularity only spiked in 2016 or 2017, so it's not like he'd be considered back when the roster was decided in 2015. He was also deconfirmed right at E3.

Geno's been mentioned by Sakurai before, added as a Mii Costume in response to that back in Smash 4, and hasn't been shown or discussed in any capacity yet. So him not being revealed would be way more of a blowback.
Even then I do expect Geno will be in this game for sure whether Base or DLC especially since he's the final in the Holy Trinity with the other two being :ultkrool:and:ultridley: although some could argue it'd be Isaac.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Geno as both a playable character and a Mii Costume is possible, as it's already been done with other characters.

I also doubt Sakurai, who recognizes he's very popular and get's a lot of requests, would make him an AT.

Untouch

Smash Master
oh and by the way, apparently Gamefaqs is going through a Mickey Mouse Phase, cause apparently someone "leaked" that Something with Mickey and Nintendo is happening on the 15th

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77122545

https://imgtc.com/a/5xdPZ5T
For how stupid Goku would be, Mickey would take the cake.
There is A B S O L U T E L Y no way in HELL Disney would let Nintendo use their copyright this way.
Mickey IS the reason why copyright law is the way it is.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
oh and by the way, apparently Gamefaqs is going through a Mickey Mouse Phase, cause apparently someone "leaked" that Something with Mickey and Nintendo is happening on the 15th

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77122545

https://imgtc.com/a/5xdPZ5T
This is so easily fakeable it's not even funny. Just set up another twitter account and start DMing back and forth. Boom easy peasy.

If someone really knew this sort of inside info, they'd be found out quickly.

If Mickey really is the WTF character of this cycle I'll be very amused. Especially if he gets in over Sora.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Actually, question but, are the Pokemon that we've seen gotten via blog posts been in order as they were revealed in the Direct?

Because I remember it went Marshadow into Ditto, and Ditto was the last one.
Marshadow then Ditto is correct, but considering we still have Pyukumuku left from the 8.8 Direct yet to be shown on the blog, it is not quite 1:1. From the 8.8 Direct itself, we had Alolan Exeggutor, Abra, Solgaleo, Lunala, Mimikyu, Pyukumuku, Vulpix, Alolan Vulpix, Marshadow, and then Ditto as the last one, in that order.

Solgaleo and Lunala don't really count, as they were already shown before in the E3 Direct, and on the blog as well before the 8.8 Direct (plus Alolan Vulpix was also covered on the blog before the 8.8 Direct), but since then, our order for these Pokémon as revealed through the blog post is:

Abra (8/13), Alolan Exeggutor (9/5), Mimikyu (10/4), Marshadow (10/15) and Ditto's from tonight.

Non-Alolan Vulpix hasn't been covered either, but I have a feeling it will be skipped over in terms of remaining blog posts, so really, I think Pyukumuku will be the only remaining Poké Ball Pokémon covered before our final direct.

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
Just looking at Ultimate's character renders, it reminds me...

It's like seeing them as they were straight out of a Pixar movie.

In fact, Smash Bros Ultimate is like watching a Pixar movie!!

That means....

Sora confirmed for Smash!

:troll::troll::troll::troll: jk ok maybe its not a good reason; at least I guessed.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Waiting for new Smash news like:
View attachment 171222
Dang guys. I'm away for like 20 minutes and I get like 20 notifications on likes. At this rate I might actually reach 1000 likes by the end of the week!

But for something Smash related:
Geno as a mii or AT would be hilarious
I honestly don't know if Mii costumes are coming back this time around. With the apparent absence of custom moves and lack of info on Mii fighters in general, I'm not sure if we'll get another round of costumes in Ultimate.

I'm not even sure it's confirmed that you can play as your own Mii character this time around. I know that they're trying to streamline Miis for online play, so the extent of their customization is unknown. The only real reason I think they came back was of "Everyone is Here".

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Amy doesn't share dimensions with Sonic. That is, unless they decide to use her early design, which had Sonic's body design, but I doubt that.
The dimensions wouldn’t be too big of a problem (clothing from something non-Boom related sure, but the rest nah)
1610A41F-C0EB-4551-8706-A9E22EF7E0A3.png
1FF5DBB9-C3CC-4086-B017-FA5339E2195C.jpeg
Same with other Sonic characters
42FC15B5-CE3B-4B48-873F-3A35B51058F0.jpeg
391225AF-2AEE-4AFF-B0C2-346D4A474A49.png
Not too many changes would be needed for any Sonic character, like with some of the other echoes
919A4886-D001-44DF-98B5-00EE5027BE4C.jpeg
DD517B47-D3A0-4E74-A42E-EF71DF5F1B57.png

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Dang guys. I'm away for like 20 minutes and I get like 20 notifications on likes. At this rate I might actually reach 1000 likes by the end of the week!

But for something Smash related:

I honestly don't know if Mii costumes are coming back this time around. With the apparent absence of custom moves and lack of info on Mii fighters in general, I'm not sure if we'll get another round of costumes in Ultimate.

I'm not even sure it's confirmed that you can play as your own Mii character this time around. I know that they're trying to streamline Miis for online play, so the extent of their customization is unknown. The only real reason I think they came back was of "Everyone is Here".
God imagine how much of a twist that'd be
"You can play 'em online."

"...BUT YOU CAN'T CUSTOMIZE THEM."

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom