• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I honestly don't know if Mii costumes are coming back this time around. With the apparent absence of custom moves and lack of info on Mii fighters in general, I'm not sure if we'll get another round of costumes in Ultimate.

I'm not even sure it's confirmed that you can play as your own Mii character this time around. I know that they're trying to streamline Miis for online play, so the extent of their customization is unknown. The only real reason I think they came back was of "Everyone is Here".
Since Miis in Ultimate do have 12 different selectable voice options, it’d be kind of strange if you could only play as the default Miis but with different voices, so that kind of sorta implies that you can still use your own Miis. But yeah, the lack of info for them is kinda weird...

Untouch

Smash Master
I actually wouldn't be surprised if Disney required owning the rights to Sora is exclusively because of Mickey Mouse's head on the keyblade, just that.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The dimensions wouldn’t be too big of a problem (clothing from something non-Boom related sure, but the rest nah)
Same with other Sonic characters
Not too many changes would be needed for any Sonic character, like with some of the other echoes
Just because they're from the same series does not mean that they can be an Echo. There are limits as to what characters can be Echoes.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I made a thing.
View attachment 171224

I threw this hypothetical final roster together out of pure boredom. I based the amount of DLC fighters on a comparable fighting game with season passes (Street Fighter V, which had 3 seasons of 6 fighters each). Having this many DLC fighters would support the game for a significant amount of time post release, and it would hit up both the up and comers that missed the roster, some characters that simply didn't make the base roster (echoes or otherwise), and then a few surprises.

By no means do I think this is likely. I think the Season Pass idea might be, but I can't say I'd call some of or all of these characters likely save a few.

Grand total comes to 91 characters.

Thing with this mega roster is that it very much limits the newcomers of the following game, but that's kind of the point. If this roster checks a ton of boxes, you don't necessarily need to release a brand spanking new Smash for a longer period of time.

I mean hey, I'd **** with a roster like this. I'll admit some of my choices were biased but eh, sue me.
Nice! Reminded me I haven't done one with DLC, though it's mainly because I don't like speculating about DLC given there's so many unknowns--who's in the base, what it's structure would be, how long we can expect it to continue (and the remote possibility there isn't any). Here's my expectations/wishlist:

I feel like there will be more third party characters as DLC than first party, but I tried to make them even (it was, until I realized I forgot to add Isabelle) and it got most of the main characters I'm concerned about, as well as one character per third party (I'd give Konami one, but Bomberman's an assist--and I decided to try no assists for this one). I also think if echoes are DLC, they'll either be free (to Nintendo online subscribers) or very cheap, and so I don't see third party echoes being a thing.

There are other characters I feel are likely, such as Travis Touchdown as our first Indie rep and a Felix echo for Isaac. Got close to 100 (98-ish depending on how you count it), but my perfectionism got the best of me. Order doesn't matter, and the colors are green confirmed, yellow base, red DLC. Also much more DLC than might be realistic, but my hope is that Smash DLC continues for many years as possible (which also makes it difficult to guess what will be popular two years from now). Can't really fathom what a follow up could do to top Ultimate.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Just because they're from the same series does not mean that they can be an Echo. There are limits as to what characters can be Echoes.
And none of the characters have limitations other than possible clothes problems (which could be easily dealt with by using a different set of clothes)...or they could just go down the assumed Dixie Kong route

cothero

Smash Lord
oh and by the way, apparently Gamefaqs is going through a Mickey Mouse Phase, cause apparently someone "leaked" that Something with Mickey and Nintendo is happening on the 15th

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77122545

https://imgtc.com/a/5xdPZ5T
Oh God. That makes sense if you think about the collaboration between Nintendo and Pixar in Wreck It Ralph. Not that i buy this leak at all, but Mickey had some pretty good games back then. That would be groundbreaking, a non-exclusive video game character entering smash could change everything about the series. But i still think Sora would be more suitable and this leak is fake as ****.

Last edited:

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
I just did a little bit of counting. There's 33 update days left until Super Smash Bros. Ultimate releases.
This is the content that most likely will still receive a blogpost:

Fighters:
5 Yoshi
17 Zelda
24 Mewtwo
25 Roy
26 Mr. Game & Watch
27 Meta Knight
29 Zero Suit Samus
36 Diddy Kong
37 Lucas
40 Olimar
48 Rosalina & Luma
49 Little Mac
55 Pac-Man
56 Robin
63 Bayonetta

Total: 15

Assist Trophies:
Gray Fox
Burrowing Snagret
Chef Kawasaki
Arcade Bunny
Klap Trap
Nikki

Total: 6

Pokéball Pokémon:
Vulpix
Pyukumuku
Scizor

Total: 3

Items:
Rage Blaster
Healing Field
Killing Edge
Staff
Banana Gun
Ramblin' Evil Mushroom

Grand total of all the above is 30. If you were to potentially add in the actual Assist Trophy, Pokéball and Master Ball items (which on the website are listed on the same row as all the new items), that'd be exactly 33, the same amount of update days we currently still have left.

Keep in mind, music posts aren't counted in here, nor are stage updates, since right now it's impossible to tell if all previous stages will get an update (and all new stages already got a blog post unless you count this game's Big Battlefield), at which point there's still a lot of them to go over, at which point this entire post is probably pointless.

..actually this post is probably pointless anyway, but I was bored and thought I'd put this up anyway. It probably doesn't really mean anything. :yoshi:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I miss when Disney had nice videogames based around their movies' plots.

Then the Wreck-It Ralph game came; it was okay, but boring overall...
I just did a little bit of counting. There's 33 update days left until Super Smash Bros. Ultimate releases.

Fighters:
5 Yoshi
17 Zelda
24 Mewtwo
25 Roy
26 Mr. Game & Watch
27 Meta Knight
29 Zero Suit Samus
36 Diddy Kong
37 Lucas
40 Olimar
48 Rosalina & Luma
49 Little Mac
55 Pac-Man
56 Robin
63 Bayonetta

Assist Trophies:
Gray Fox
Burrowing Snagret
Chef Kawasaki
Arcade Bunny
Klap Trap
Nikki

Pokéball Pokémon:
Vulpix
Pyukumuku
Scizor

Items:
Rage Blaster
Healing Field
Killing Edge
Staff
Banana Gun
Ramblin' Evil Mushroom

Grand total of all the above is 30. If you were to potentially add in the actual Assist Trophy, Pokéball and Master Ball items (which on the website are listed on the same row as all the new items), that'd be exactly 33, the same amount of update days we currently still have left.

Keep in mind, music posts aren't counted in here, nor are stage updates, since right now it's impossible to tell if all previous stages will get an update (and all new stages already got a blog post unless you count this game's Big Battlefield), at which point there's still a lot of them to go over, at which point this entire post is probably pointless.

..actually this post is probably pointless anyway, but I was bored and thought I'd put this up anyway. It probably doesn't really mean anything. :yoshi:
And with new fighters and other stuff, even if the fighter count was just two more, that'd push it to after release day.

Hmm...

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord

Fighters:
5 Yoshi
17 Zelda
24 Mewtwo
25 Roy
26 Mr. Game & Watch
27 Meta Knight
29 Zero Suit Samus
36 Diddy Kong
37 Lucas
40 Olimar
48 Rosalina & Luma
49 Little Mac
55 Pac-Man
56 Robin
63 Bayonetta

Assist Trophies:
Gray Fox
Burrowing Snagret
Chef Kawasaki
Arcade Bunny
Klap Trap
Nikki

Pokéball Pokémon:
Vulpix
Pyukumuku
Scizor

Items:
Rage Blaster
Healing Field
Killing Edge
Staff
Banana Gun
Ramblin' Evil Mushroom

Like the post, and the work you put in, but...

It's actually 45 days left until Smash. Not 33.

Or did you mean something else by update days?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
And none of the characters have limitations other than possible clothes problems (which could be easily dealt with by using a different set of clothes)...or they could just go down the assumed Dixie Kong route
>different set of clothes
And you've just reminded me of Rouge's weird Heroes outfit.

Anyway, they might save Sonic characters for later, seeing as some would need more work into them than others.

Except Knuckles, for some reason. Poor guy took a hit for the team.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So you're telling me that Amy Rose can't be an Echo of Sonic?

Man way to ruin my feels

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
>different set of clothes
And you've just reminded me of Rouge's weird Heroes outfit.

Anyway, they might save Sonic characters for later, seeing as some would need more work into them than others.

Except Knuckles, for some reason. Poor guy took a hit for the team.
The work would be worth more Sonic characters...& not Knuckles as the Superhero Mayor had to make sure his friends could get into Smash

NineS

Smash Lord
There are only 33 blog posts left.
He meant "weekdays" which is when the blog is updated
It is times like this that I am reminded to think at least five times before I post.

Then to slap myself and repeat the process for extra measure, just to be safe.

Note to self: Don't trust thought process.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Things I'm grateful for rn:

I'm playing both Undertale and Skyrim for the first time to keep my mind oft Smash.

I'm prepping for NaNoWriMo to take my mind off Smash.

I'm rewatching Friends, Scrubs and an Australian show called Underbelly to take my mind off Smash.

NaNoWriMo in November will make the month fly.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192

Fighters:
5 Yoshi
17 Zelda
24 Mewtwo
25 Roy
26 Mr. Game & Watch
27 Meta Knight
29 Zero Suit Samus
36 Diddy Kong
37 Lucas
40 Olimar
48 Rosalina & Luma
49 Little Mac
55 Pac-Man
56 Robin
63 Bayonetta

Assist Trophies:
Gray Fox
Burrowing Snagret
Chef Kawasaki
Arcade Bunny
Klap Trap
Nikki

Pokéball Pokémon:
Vulpix
Pyukumuku
Scizor

Items:
Rage Blaster
Healing Field
Killing Edge
Staff
Banana Gun
Ramblin' Evil Mushroom

I respect the amount of effort you put into this post, but outside of the 15 (plus other unrevealed) fighters, I have a feeling not every item will have a blog post before Ultimate's release. At the very least, Scizor and Gray Fox seem the most unlikely to get blog posts, considering they were new back in Melee and Brawl respectively, and have only just been added back into Ultimate. As for the other items, I'm theorizing that there will be more blog posts to cover them after release to kind of serve as a buffer before DLC starts to drop, and it would kind of make sense if they want to feature every stage on the blog. And that's not even including whatever remaining Items, Assist Trophies, Poké Ball Pokémon and anything else that is left to show off from our Final direct before release, which could increase the possible number of posts.

What happens in the long run is hard to say, but this is my gut feeling on how the updates will work anyway. :)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I miss when Disney had nice videogames based around their movies' plots.

Then the Wreck-It Ralph game came; it was okay, but boring overall...

And with new fighters and other stuff, even if the fighter count was just two more, that'd push it to after release day.

Hmm...
I just wish the arcade game Fix-It Felix Jr. was released on consoles, or even emulated by somebody, it must be the greatest Donkey Kong tribute, and most of us won't get to play it.

So you're telling me that Amy Rose can't be an Echo of Sonic?

Man way to ruin my feels
Her mallet is heavily associated with her at this point. So unless they're on a Melee-style time crunch, I can't see them justify giving her the Echo treatment.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
It is times like this that I am reminded to think at least five times before I post.

Then to slap myself and repeat the process for extra measure, just to be safe.

Note to self: Don't trust thought process.
It's all good. We're only human, mistakes happen. So I hope you don't slap yourself too hard. :laugh:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I just wish the arcade game Fix-It Felix Jr. was released on consoles, or even emulated by somebody, it must be the greatest Donkey Kong tribute, and most of us won't get to play it.
I remember it being on Disney's website in the games section, or some website they own, however it wasn't just like how it was portrayed in the movie...

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Nice! Reminded me I haven't done one with DLC, though it's mainly because I don't like speculating about DLC given there's so many unknowns--who's in the base, what it's structure would be, how long we can expect it to continue (and the remote possibility there isn't any). Here's my expectations/wishlist:

I feel like there will be more third party characters as DLC than first party, but I tried to make them even (it was, until I realized I forgot to add Isabelle) and it got most of the main characters I'm concerned about, as well as one character per third party (I'd give Konami one, but Bomberman's an assist--and I decided to try no assists for this one). I also think if echoes are DLC, they'll either be free (to Nintendo online subscribers) or very cheap, and so I don't see third party echoes being a thing.

There are other characters I feel are likely, such as Travis Touchdown as our first Indie rep and a Felix echo for Isaac. Got close to 100 (98-ish depending on how you count it), but my perfectionism got the best of me. Order doesn't matter, and the colors are green confirmed, yellow base, red DLC. Also much more DLC than might be realistic, but my hope is that Smash DLC continues for many years as possible (which also makes it difficult to guess what will be popular two years from now). Can't really fathom what a follow up could do to top Ultimate.
Wouldn't count on a Fire Emblem newcomer
Heavy doubt Joker would be in over Yu Narukami and I doubt Yu would be in over Jack
I'd go bananas for some Travis Touchdown

Pretty neat list though!

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, I'm new here but have been lurking for a while (2+ months... lol). So how do we feel about the Crunchii leaks?

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
I respect the amount of effort you put into this post, but outside of the 15 (plus other unrevealed) fighters, I have a feeling not every item will have a blog post before Ultimate's release. At the very least, Scizor and Gray Fox seem the most unlikely to get blog posts, considering they were new back in Melee and Brawl respectively, and have only just been added back into Ultimate. As for the other items, I'm theorizing that there will be more blog posts to cover them after release to kind of serve as a buffer before DLC starts to drop, and it would kind of make sense if they want to feature every stage on the blog. And that's not even including whatever remaining Items, Assist Trophies, Poké Ball Pokémon and anything else that is left to show off from our Final direct before release, which could increase the possible number of posts.

What happens in the long run is hard to say, but this is my gut feeling on how the updates will work anyway. :)
I went by how these things are presented on the official website. Scizor and Gray Fox were among the 'new' Pokéball Pokémon and Assist Trophies, and they did skip entries, so that's my reasoning for including them in the list. Of course none of us really know how the blog posts will go, it's all speculation, what I posted is merely a list of things I think will still receive blog posts. Of course I also didn't account for any other possible newcomer. And who knows how many past stages they will make blog posts for? Your theory is as good as anyone's, honestly. :p

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
There will be just watch as its to promote Three Houses as :ultcorrin:for his/her game in Sm4sh. I'll likely be Edelgard.
Sakurai understood adding Corrin in the first place was a risky move
Doubt he'd pull the same stunt again
But he's always full of surprises I suppose

Hey guys, I'm new here but have been lurking for a while (2+ months... lol). So how do we feel about the Crunchii leaks?
He's a fraud

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom