• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I'm late but I want a shot at this
:ultinkling:8/10 Expected but still hype. Pretty much the only character that I saw as a definite lock for this game so I wasn't surprised at all. Love how the ink mechanic is carried over in a Smash environment as well as how stylish they can be.
:ultdaisy:2/10 Meh. It's another Mario character and an echo at that. Happy for her fans but nothing to be excited about for me
:ultridley:8/10 It's extremely awesome that Metroid finally got a new character not named Samus. This character being included is pure dedication to the fans which I appreciate and his moveset looks awesome.
:ultsimon:9/10 Hell to the yeah. One of the best Smash trailers I've ever seen and a moveset that excels in it's simplicity and homage to Castlevania's gameplay. Super Castlevania IV is one of my favorite platformers of all time which also got me excited for his inclusion. One of the most deserving third parties added to Smash and they nailed his redesign too. I love seeing old characters being re-imagined in Smash
:ultrichter:7/10 This was the biggest surprise for me in the Smash direct. He had little to non existent demand and we were sill unsue about who could get echoes . His design is ool and I'd love to give his game a try s someday
:ultchrom:6/10 So far the most unique echo joining the roster but eh another Marth style character doesn't excite me much especially with all the love Fire Emblem already gets.. Although he does have the up special from my main Ike so that's a bonus. He was snubbed from Smash 4 so good for his fans I suppose
:ultdarksamus:8/10 Easily my most anticipated echo fighter and it may stay like that if Isaac doesn't come with Felix or at all. Although she lack in her unique moves from the Prime games she still has an awesome unique aesthetic to her and like I said for Ridley, it's awesome to see more Metroid love.
:ultkrool:9.5/10 The king finally makes his overdue appearance in Smash and they nailed every thing with how his trailer was presented to the actual character himself. I grew up with some DK games where he was a villain so his exclusion was always weird to me. He's one of the few non Isaac ballot votes I made and like I said with Simon, seeing a character that hasn't been in action for years make an epic comeback like that is pure awesomeness. Pretty high rating I gave him since the only character I could ever give a 10 is Isaac =P Also you killed the relevancy crap. Thank you based K.Rool
:ultisabelle:4/10 Also meh, and not just because I was expecting Isaac in that direct. I'm not a fan of the Animal Crossing series and her trailer failed to get me excite for her all that much. She looks fun and expressive but the least interesting new numbered fighter so far to me. Couldn't care less if she was an echo

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
Eh, basically when someone or a company decides to put cryptic hints around places or allows you to participate in the "lore" in some way leading up to some reveal of some sort

Overwatch did a really stretched out one with Sombra where people would "help her with hacking things" or any number of activities along those lines
I took part in it haha
Loved the Sombra ARG.

That aside, what ARG are we talking about here? Did Sakurai or Nintendo release some cryptic messages about an ARG or something?
Was it Vergeben or another well known reliable source?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I love my girl Sombra, but her ARG remains one of the most ''What you thinking Blizzard?"

It was all so funny when she actually leaked a whole month prior to her reveal at Blizz Con and everything.

So all that build up and secrecy was for nothing.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Search up the Binding of Isaac Afterbirth ARG if you want an idea at just how crazy these things can go.

I was in the community when that was happening and it was honestly one of the coolest things I've seen a dev team do.

Play the Binding of Isaac Rebirth if you haven't already it's ****ing fantastic

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Loved the Sombra ARG.

That aside, what ARG are we talking about here? Did Sakurai or Nintendo release some cryptic messages about an ARG or something?
Nah the dude who posted the Smash Ultimate Menu theme posted some numbers that are intentionally meant to be turned into letters and because people are doing that for funsies some people in the thread are blowing a gasket over it haha

I'm sure everyone already knows it's ultimately meaningless

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
With this revelation, I decided a comparison is in order. Here's the supposedly leaked Geno image:

View attachment 170592

Here's Smash Ultimate's Delfino Plaza skyline:

View attachment 170594

And here's the Smash 4 skyline with Mii Geno as comparison:

View attachment 170595

The sky color of the supposed leaked Geno image seems to be consistent withe Smash Ultimate's color for Delfino Plaza's sky, which would explain why it looks different from the Smash 4 comparison.

...This isn't conclusive, but it's pretty big.
Looks like Sassy Geno just got a little more interesting.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Loved the Sombra ARG.

It was the guy who posted the clean version of the menu theme
We have so far been able to translate it to XBDYUKUOHABAMUSHATACHI

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Hacker leaked a playable Hacker. Can't get better than that.
I loved all the hoops people tried to justify that it wasn't actually a real leak and there was still people prior to actual reveal at Blizzcon who were all ''YOU'LL SEE!"

To be fair ? I guess you wouldn't expect a secretive hacker to wear lots of bright purple in her color scheme.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
:ultinkling:
9/10, great addition looking forward to giving my opponents a nice paint job with her.

:ultdaisy:
2/10 Don't really care since she just Yellow Peach.

:ultridley:
9/10 I always loved his design and appearance in Metroid plus it's funny to see him do some of the silly stuff that happens in Smash.

:ultsimon:
8/10 I love Halloween and Castlevania so I'm glad he's in.

:ultrichter:
8/10 same as Simon.

:ultdarksamus:
6/10 Glad she's in but disappointed with her being an echo.

:ultchrom:
6/10 I'm glad how he was handled but I don't see myself using him to do liking Roy's fire more.

:ultkrool:
8/10 Very glad Dkc got something finally(though I still hoping for Dixie) I don't see myself using him that much since I don't use heavyweight characters that often, it's nice to see him again.

:ultisabelle:
10/10 So far my favorite newcomer(and second most wanted) not only she looks just fun to use but she proved that semi clone like characters still exist(I already love using Villager anyway) and I always love seeing cutesy characters beat the crap out of such big threats.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Correction: Daisy's Tomboy Princess Mario, Peach is Princess Mario, Waluigi is purple Mario, Wario is yellow Mario, Luigi is green Mario, and Toad is Mushroom Mario.

Bowser? He's just anti-Mario.

Jokes aside, I completely agree with everything you just said even though I don't know what this debate was.
Honestly, I don't even know why this debate is still a thing.

I thought we'd moved onto Super Marth Bros. by now.

We're all free to like what characters we like; don't try to justify who you like as somehow more special based on arbitrary measurements that fit your preconceived notion.
:4miibrawl::4miibrawl::4miibrawl:

Spot on.

Truer words have never been spoken, especially when it comes to Smash speculation. If only more people stepped back and thought about this.

Last edited:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
RLG = Red Leaf Green?

I always assumed those numbers referred to the date smash releases. 12-07-18 just rearranged.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Eh, basically when someone or a company decides to put cryptic hints around places or allows you to participate in the "lore" in some way leading up to some reveal of some sort

Overwatch did a really stretched out one with Sombra where people would "help her with hacking things" or any number of activities along those lines
I took part in it haha
To expand on Toaster's answer:

It doesn't have to be related to a company or lore, ARG stands for Augmented Reality Game. So as opposed to a reality game (which I guess would just take place in real life, not on a screen) or Virtual Reality which places you in a world that feels real, Augmented Reality implies the use of computers, usually for decoding. At least that's how I understand it.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Your reaction if Isaac gets into smash.

...no, not that one.

...THIS one. :troll:
My roommate until he saw us watching a video of a potential Isaac moveset straight up thought this was the Isaac everyone meant and had been mad confused for the past four years.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
It was the guy who posted the clean version of the menu theme
We have so far been able to translate it to XBDYUKUOHABAMUSHATACHI

XBDYUKUOHABAMUSHATACHI

hmmm well hatachi is at the end... kinda close to heihachi... i feel im reaching here haha

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
:ultinkling: 7/10 - saw this coming obviously but amazed at how well the Inkling was implemented.
:ultdaisy: 0/10 - never liked Daisy and would have preferred Captain Toad, Kamek, Birdo, or, if we were to talk Echoes, even Dry Bowser or Doctor Luigi.
:ultridley: 10/10 - my most wanted since Smash 64. Took him five games but he is finally in so obviously psyched.
:ultsimon: 6/10 - interesting character from a franchise I only played during the NES days. Looks to be fun.
:ultrichter: 0/10 - could of been an alt costume IMO.
:ultchrom: 0/10 - I have zero love for Fire Emblem and Chrom.
:ultdarksamus: 7/10 - huge fan of Metroid and a huge supporter of DS. Disappointed she is just a clone but oh well, she is in. Wish she had a phazon corruption gimmick to use.
:ultkrool: 10/10 - After Mega Man, K Rool was my second most wanted. Super psyched to see him large and in charge again.
:ultisabelle: 8/10 - wanted her before Smash Ultimate was announced. Wish she could construct Public Works which gives her a stat boost but she looks interesting. Not a fan of her Pocket ability. And I wish she had a dash where she zoomed forward in her chair.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
If it was just a private showing of the E3 demo, WHY is Nintendo being so incredibly mysterious and hyper protective about it?

I am not expecting anything but the behavior surrounding the event is really weird, ngl. And if a surprise announcement is made, then we all would know why they acted so strangely...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
XBDYUKUOHABAMUSHATACHI

hmmm well hatachi is at the end... kinda close to heihachi... i feel im reaching here haha
My "Yukuo haba nice mushatachi" thing aside, musha means warrior, mushatachi means warriors

If you genuinely wanted to start anywhere or something

If it was just a private showing of the E3 demo, WHY is Nintendo being so incredibly mysterious and hyper protective about it?

I am not expecting anything but the behavior surrounding the event is really weird, ngl. And if a surprise announcement is made, then we all would know why they acted so strangely...
probably cause of where it's taking place is why they can't stream tbh

It's a ****in bar

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
With this revelation, I decided a comparison is in order. Here's the supposedly leaked Geno image:

View attachment 170592

Here's Smash Ultimate's Delfino Plaza skyline:

View attachment 170594

And here's the Smash 4 skyline with Mii Geno as comparison:

View attachment 170595

The sky color of the supposed leaked Geno image seems to be consistent with Smash Ultimate's color for Delfino Plaza's sky, which would explain why it looks different from the Smash 4 comparison.

...This isn't conclusive, but it's pretty big.
...maybe I'm blind and maybe it's the blurry image but the "leaked" image looks closer to Smash 4 imo.

There's a different kind of fade I see in the Ultimate one, where the sky is barely fading in the "leak"....eh it's too hard to tell with that image :/

beans

Smash Lord
Search up the Binding of Isaac Afterbirth ARG if you want an idea at just how crazy these things can go.

I was in the community when that was happening and it was honestly one of the coolest things I've seen a dev team do.

Play the Binding of Isaac Rebirth if you haven't already it's ****ing fantastic
Buy Afterbirth, but not Afterbirth+
Or just plain Rebirth with Antibirth
Or just the OG game that doesnt come with any birth
Man, Isaac needs to have some birth control to stop this naming convention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom