• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eru13

Smash Apprentice
It was the guy who posted the clean version of the menu theme
We have so far been able to translate it to XBDYUKUOHABAMUSHATACHI
If this decryption is correct, the MUSHATACHI in the end could be 武者達 which means "(several) warriors" can't really make much sense of the rest though

beans

Smash Lord
If this decryption is correct, the MUSHATACHI in the end could be 武者達 which means "(several) warriors" can't really make much sense of the rest though
"Several Warriors" can be a synonim of "Many Heroes"
I wonder what is a team of various heroes with power in numbers?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Very late gonna do it anyway. My hype to newcomers graded.

:ultinkling:: 5/10. Splatoon was a neat and fun game when I played, many great times with it. But the Inklings were just....SO obvious that I was more hyped for the game than anything. I sometimes forget they're newcomers, not out of dislike but because they just seem like they've been in the game for ages lol.

:ultdaisy:: 7.5/10. Wasn't a big Daisy fan beforehand, but appreciated her to an extent; and her appearing out of nowhere was just so god damn cool. Made me happy, made things feel complete. Her model's so beautiful too. Great choice for the first Echo reveal, keeps her fans happy too. Would've been higher, but it wasn't until her reveal that I started really loving the character.

:ultridley:: 9/10. People had been debating Ridley as long as I was in the fandom. I had grown to see him more as a meme than a character! I never thought he'd make it in, ever. One of the few I saw as totally deconfirmed....BUT THEN SAKURAI DID IT. There's a reason the guy trended on Twitter for like a day. It solidified my 6+ years as a Smash fan that Ridley of all people finally made it in in all his glory.

:ultsimon:: 7/10. Never been a Castlevania fan but always respected it. Upon learning of the Simon rumors, I looked into his character...a big, lumbering Chad of a goon with an awesome design. I was more hyped over his Greek hero-like design being used than anything else, and I already expected him so I wasn't too hyped. But still an awesome day. Plan to give him a few whirls, hopefully will enjoy how he plays as he's just an awesome character.

:ultchrom:: 3/10. I ain't hear nothin'. Expected him as an Echo. In retrospect, even though my best friend and I booed him at the time, I have a soft spot for the guy. I'm glad he's finally getting his day in the sun, even though he's a damn dork. He's just not someone I can stay mad at; perfect Echo choice...but this is about my INITIAL hype.

:ultdarksamus:: 7.5/10. Now this was good. The animations, the floating, everything, mwah. I'm not upset about her lack of original moves as I'm not a big Metroid fan and just think the character's very cool. Again, the game feels so complete with her here. Or, it. Plan to play around with her.

:ultrichter:: 5/10. Was pretty much a literally who, but my best friend was so excited for him as he's an actual Castlevania fan that I was excited too. Glad to see more awesome third parties in Smash, and Richter is iconic in his own way as the dark horse favorite of Castlevania protagonists from what I've researched.

:ultkrool:: 9.5/10. Oh my god. I LOST IT. I'd wanted K. Rool for years at this point, since 4 when I was a little baby bandwagoner, and KNEW this was his game. I was so sure of him, but even then, I was just...blown away. He's everything a K. Rool fan could've wanted. He's finally home along the all-stars. It's just so beautiful to remember. Amazing trailer as well. I'll never forget how I felt the first time I saw the screen shake and a cannon go off.

:ultisabelle:: 8.5/10. I'd wanted Isabelle for a long while, though not to a huge extent, I just always really loved the character. I was shocked they made her her own unique deal, but I'm so glad she's here. She'll be fun to clown people with as well.

:ulticeclimbers:: 8/10. These guys always have a home in Smash. I knew they'd be back, but seeing these two cuties in HD made me so happy, knowing that after over 4 years they were finally back.

:ultpichu:: 8.5/10. No joke. I NEVER thought I'd see this goober return. I love him, he's such a weird pick but just so fun. The most unlikely to return before Snake in my eyes...AND HE'S BACK, in HD, with adorable animations and that award winning smile. Baby. Baby boy.

:ultyounglink:: 6.5/10. Never cared for him, but he makes this roster Ultimate, so I'm here for him. Looks very great in Ultimate graphics. I love Majora's Mask, so it's nice to see him and those elements return alongside his stage. Glad he's back.

:ultwolf:: 8.5/10. Glorious!! His awesome new design, everything clicked. After he missed 4 DLC, I wasn't sure at all if he'd ever return...but he did, and rounds out the Star Fox roster doing so. Love this guy.

:ultpokemontrainer:: 8/10. Completely forgot about how they fell under the transformation limitations, so I shouldn't have been too shocked they return in retrospect. But hey, Squirtle especially looks awesome, Charizard's always welcome, and Ivysaur's a good boy. They look fresh and updated and I just think they're neat.

And then the biggest of them all.

:ultsnake:: 10/10. Until Shadow Moses appeared, I was just enjoying the show, and thought it was just 4.5. I was glad nonetheless. Then Shadow Moses appeared. IIRC my mind didn't catch up in time to realize just what it was before I saw Snake literally flash in and just...lost it. Absolutely lost it. I almost cried in fact. MGS became one of my favorite game series as I watched it with my best friend back in 2015, and I wanted Snake back dearly, but found him the most unlikely to ever return. Thought I'd only get to play him whenever I visited Brawl. But Sakurai made it work, and, well, Snake's out of retirement one last time in the biggest gaming crossover of them all where he belongs. Very few things will ever be able to top Snake's reveal in Ultimate in my eyes.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh I know what a NDA is a non disclosure agreement

Yea that smells full build or trailer for character 69

The bar is getting the pac-man of smash ultimate

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I've said there was something fishy with that bar. No recording? Happening at a bar? It's like they don't want anybody there to remember what happened!

Perhaps it's a new way of testing the full game with people in a way where even the participates won't even know what's in the game. :troll:

(joke suggestion, not meant to be nitpicked)

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
So converting: 24020425211121150801020113211908012001030809
into letters: XBDYUKUOHABAMUSHATACHI

I ran this through a Caesar Cypher decoder through all values of N and none of the results really made sense.

Here is a link to the tool I use:
http://rumkin.com/tools/cipher/caesar.php
Wait, can you explain the importance of this? I just popped back in after a few hours and I forgot what was going on.
Wait, never mind.

Last edited:

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
Going back to the Crunchii thing for just a second, on second thought "There is no such home" is probably a google translate version of what could be (XBD) "There's no place like home". IF Crunchii does know something, i suppose this would hint at Elma, but we can't be certain if crunchii knows something or not. The nature of the tweet being suddenly deleted is suspicious but that could have been done for dramatic effect.

Splotim

Smash Apprentice
So it’s pretty much official that’s there’s only one direct left right? The only things left to go over are Spirts and Online, and I doubt they can stretch that into two directs.

And speaking of online, what do you guys think the chances of a demo being lock behind the online are? They did something similar for club Nintendo platinum members in smash 4 and have proven that they could do online-only content through Splatoon 2.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
So it’s pretty much official that’s there’s only one direct left right? The only things left to go over are Spirts and Online, and I doubt they can stretch that into two directs.

And speaking of online, what do you guys think the chances of a demo being lock behind the online are? They did something similar for club Nintendo platinum members in smash 4 and have proven that they could do online-only content through Splatoon 2.
There's also all the other single player content. I highly doubt that Classic and Training is all there is.

D

Deleted member

"Several Warriors" can be a synonim of "Many Heroes"
I wonder what is a team of various heroes with power in numbers?
What is this secret code and why should I care about it because if this is true I'm gonna have an internal meltdown

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
TIN FOIL SUIT ACQUIRED

"Several Warriors" means Sakurai is gonna pull the big whammy on us and drop like five Uniques and four Echo Fighters at once.
I'm still wondering how and why Crunchii would have access to this information though, not to sound judgmental but isn't he mostly a YouTuber?

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
We all wonder why no recording was allowed, but right now Bill Trinnen is in that Canadian bar trying to calm a drunken Miyamoto who is ranting about how Color Splash and Star Fox Zero bombed. "Its the damn fans that are out of touch!" Nintendo cant let this leak out.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What is this secret code and why should I care about it because if this is true I'm gonna have an internal meltdown
Mmm, no reason for you to care about it unless you think the dude who posted the Ultimate menu music genuinely wants to tease something.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I do want to mention that as sometimes the moderating staff do see obviously fake leaks originating from 4chan being posted here. Posting leaks that are fake is one thing but joke leaks/obviously obvious fake leaks is another. Use your own discretion when posting a leak but please don’t use it as an opportunity to get “likes”, to increase ones post count, or to get lols. As well, while it hasn’t been proven and I’m not mentioning any names/pointing fingers, making a fake leak on 4chan/gamefaqs and then posting it here while under the guise that it’s not yours “hey guys, just found this leak!” (Internally: heh heh heh) is just ridiculous so please don’t do that. It serves no purpose and diverts from constructive discussion.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
We have at least one infodump left, we can infer that through logic.

We need to know the last characters, the game's collectable and what those two blurred options are.

There's also the matter of around 15 assist trophies and an unknown amount of Pokemon

joshoctober16

Smash Apprentice
Screenshot_58.png

husband? wtf , before mushatachi any words that make sense?
Screenshot_59.png

hakuba horses? also dosnt it look like its trying to put BODY for the first four letters?
Screenshot_60.png

isnt yukari.... a touhou character?
Screenshot_61.png

this made me laugh lol

but seriously i have a feeling if you swqitch around the letters before mushatachi... it migth say somthing

also i dont know how to make the photos tiny? icon? ish?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom