• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It's ok. I hoe he's in, we'll find out soon.
I'm personally rooting for the Masked Royal. At first it was a joke and now I actually think it'd be fun.
TOASTER YOU'RE NOT MAKING THIS EASY FOR ME
Hey, do what you want, it's a free internet. :laugh: It could either mean nothing or everything.

BrashCandicoot

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-0606-3457
Switch FC
SW-2362-2833-3327
We have at least one infodump left, we can infer that through logic.

We need to know the last characters, the game's collectable and what those two blurred options are.

There's also the matter of around 15 assist trophies and an unknown amount of Pokemon
Yeah they said there will 50+ AT's and we've only got around 40 so far. It makes me think a lot of people's dreams might be crushed when some characters end up being AT's which is a sad thought because 15 is still quite a lot considering how close we're getting to release.

Untouch

Smash Master
If Crunchii has music this clean (I don't think this was directly recorded from a Switch for a couple of reasons), I don't think it's unsafe to assume he was given more. Maybe he's hinting at some XCX music? (That'd be a bit odd but whatever).

beans

Smash Lord
We all wonder why no recording was allowed, but right now Bill Trinnen is in that Canadian bar trying to calm a drunken Miyamoto who is ranting about how Color Splash and Star Fox Zero bombed. "Its the damn fans that are out of touch!" Nintendo cant let this leak out.
"They didnt let me have F-Zero so they wont have any F-Zero, play Mario Kart GP"

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm personally rooting for the Masked Royal. At first it was a joke and now I actually think it'd be fun..
why are you screaming?

I think the Masked Royal with Incineroar as another Pokemon Trainer would actually be really cool.

Unless you meant just the Masked Royal himself. I don't know what to make of that.
It sounds hilarious.

Last edited:

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
So it’s pretty much official that’s there’s only one direct left right? The only things left to go over are Spirts and Online, and I doubt they can stretch that into two directs.

And speaking of online, what do you guys think the chances of a demo being lock behind the online are? They did something similar for club Nintendo platinum members in smash 4 and have proven that they could do online-only content through Splatoon 2.
Yep! Basically we only got one more direct focused on smash, which aligns with my prediction, is going to be a rather large direct ala august direct. Also, it will be announced the first 2 weeks of november, i would suspect on the very first days.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
why are you screaming?

I think the Masked Royal with Incineroar as another Pokemon Trainer would actually be really cool.

Unless you meant just the Masked Royal himself. I don't know what to make of that.
To balance out the whispering

And at this point I think it'd be reasonable for him to have Incineroar, Decidueye, and... well Primarina might end up being weird but Lycanroc maybe not.

beans

Smash Lord
why are you screaming?

It sounds hilarious.
MASKED ROYAL, the legendary Pokeman

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
TIN FOIL SUIT ACQUIRED

"Several Warriors" means Sakurai is gonna pull the big whammy on us and drop like five Uniques and four Echo Fighters at once.
I'm still wondering how and why Crunchii would have access to this information though, not to sound judgmental but isn't he mostly a YouTuber?
Actually does anyone know why he was selected to revealed the menu music??? Does he have any connections to Nintendo???

I know it wasn't a leak but why did they choose him to distribute the music? Or is that not what happened?

D

Deleted member

So, I thought up an interesting game:

If you were to make a Smash roster based off of indie all-stars with the limitation of Smash 64's roster size, who would you choose? I think these would be my picks:

Hat Kid
The Conductor
Shovel Knight
Plague Knight
Shantae
Sans
Papyrus
Meat Boy
Madeline
Dust
Terraria Character

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253

If you were to make a Smash roster based off of indie all-stars with the limitation of Smash 64's roster size, who would you choose? I think these would be my picks:

Hat Kid
The Conductor
Shovel Knight
Plague Knight
Shantae
Sans
Papyrus
Meat Boy
Madeline
Dust
Terraria Character
What. No steve?

D

Deleted member

What. No steve?
Honestly, I don't think you can really consider Steve indie anymore. He's Microsoft property and has as much money and marketing pushed into his games as a big AAA franchise, and MC is even getting big spinoff games now. I picked the Terraria character instead to represent some of what Steve would, while sticking closer to the indie theme.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529

Hat Kid
The Conductor
Shovel Knight
Plague Knight
Shantae
Sans
Papyrus
Meat Boy
Madeline
Dust
Terraria Character
Shovel Knight
Hat Kid
Octodad
Terarria
Steve
Meat Boy
Castle Crasher
Shantae
Cuphead
The Spelunky guy
Sans is the secret final boss

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Actually does anyone know why he was selected to revealed the menu music??? Does he have any connections to Nintendo???

I know it wasn't a leak but why did they choose him to distribute the music? Or is that not what happened?
Based on his twitter statements and the fact that Dystifier put up the song as well, it's more likely that they and other people had access to Nintendo's press servers, saw the music, and got permission to share it publicly.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I've said there was something fishy with that bar. No recording? Happening at a bar? It's like they don't want anybody there to remember what happened!

Perhaps it's a new way of testing the full game with people in a way where even the participates won't even know what's in the game. :troll:

(joke suggestion, not meant to be nitpicked)
The only way to reliably do that would be to have them play while blindfolded and wearing earplugs.

I'm personally rooting for the Masked Royal. At first it was a joke and now I actually think it'd be fun.
Hey, do what you want, it's a free internet. :laugh:It could either mean nothing or everything.
why are you screaming?

It sounds hilarious.
Now you guys are getting it!

Though I wouldn't be mad if our boy Guzma got in instead of him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Shovel Knight
Hat Kid
Octodad
Terarria
Steve
Meat Boy
Castle Crasher
Shantae
Cuphead
The Spelunky guy
Sans is the secret final boss
Aw, man! I didn't even think of some of those, and they're fantastic ideas, ha ha. Cuphead, Castle Crasher, and Octodad would be pretty hype NGL.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yeah they said there will 50+ AT's and we've only got around 40 so far. It makes me think a lot of people's dreams might be crushed when some characters end up being AT's which is a sad thought because 15 is still quite a lot considering how close we're getting to release.
Yeah, I'd take disconfirmation the way things are so still now.

Show Gardevoir one way or the other soon...

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I do want to mention that as sometimes the moderating staff do see obviously fake leaks originating from 4chan being posted here. Posting leaks that are fake is one thing but joke leaks/obviously obvious fake leaks is another. Use your own discretion when posting a leak but please don’t use it as an opportunity to get “likes”, to increase ones post count, or to get lols. As well, while it hasn’t been proven and I’m not mentioning any names/pointing fingers, making a fake leak on 4chan/gamefaqs and then posting it here while under the guise that it’s not yours “hey guys, just found this leak!” (Internally: heh heh heh) is just ridiculous so please don’t do that. It serves no purpose and diverts from constructive discussion.
So in other words, don't post leaks just because/don't post just any leak?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So assuming that we get 50 things like we did in SSBWii U, what do you guys think will even be mentioned? Some that I'd like to include are of the following

1. Final roster
2. Adventure/Spirit
3. Single Player modes
4. Final Smashes
5. First DLC character (Geno?)
6. Final stages
7. Tournament mode
8. Remaining Assist Trophies
9. Remaining Pokeball characters
10. Remaining items
11. Movesets
12. Gimmick matches
13. Coin Launcher/Trophies
14. Event matches
15. BOARD THE MOTHER****ING PLATFORMS

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
so was the quebec thing a nothing burger?
It was more of a nothing beer, in this case
Oh totally, just it's sad how Primarina's been basically outcasted for the Pokemon rep this cycle. RIP
Don't worry, assuming Decidueye is in Pokken, and Incineroar is gonna be in Smash, Primarina is gonna be the Gen 7 Rep in Nintendo Vs Capcom

Potato_

Smash Lord

Hat Kid
The Conductor
Shovel Knight
Plague Knight
Shantae
Sans
Papyrus
Meat Boy
Madeline
Dust
Terraria Character

Ooh, interesting!

Hat Kid
Mustache Girl
Frisk
Sans
Meat Boy
Isaac (BOI)
Shovel Knight
Plague Knight
Shantae
Hollow Knight (not his real name but the other one is spoilers so...)
Cuphead

EDIT: I REALLY want to fit Jacket from Hotline Miami but I can't justify him over the others.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh totally, just it's sad how Primarina's been basically outcasted for the Pokemon rep this cycle. RIP
With help from Verg Incineroar fought his way to the top of speculation, punching Decidueye, Lycanroc, Buzzwole and Mimikyu on the way there.
Poor Primarina didn't even get an invite.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
With help from Verg Incineroar fought his way to the top of speculation, punching Decidueye, Lycanroc, Buzzwole and Mimikyu on the way their.
Poor Primarina didn't even get an invite.
Maybe she got invited but couldn't make it to the fight cause she was taking too long flopping her way there
hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha im sorry

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Ok, here's where I step in.
Outside of personality, there is little that separates Daisy from Peach. She was created to be a palette swap and fill the same exact role Peach normally does, but in a different land.
And for the longest time, that's all she really was; a palette swap. And then they decided to spice up her personality just so there's at least something special about her. And she still carries out the same roles as Peach in all the games she's in, so it's still basically just she's a tomboy Peach.
Even Rosalina, who looks more like Peach (but from SPAAACE), is much less like Peach overall considering her powers and roles within the series.

Waluigi? He might be "Wa-ified" version of Luigi, but that doesn't make him a "Purple Wario" in the slightest. Right off the bat, he's made distinct from both Wario and Luigi in terms of personality, design, and other traits and characteristics. He never had that transition from being "the exact same as someone else" like Luigi and Daisy had.
Is he the most fleshed out character in the Mario franchise? No. But to claim he is or has ever been just a "Purple Wario" is sheer ignorance.
Waluigi and Daisy have the combined personality of a doorknob. Seriously they need their own games but Nintendo's been horrible about character growth since they abandoned creative Paper Mario games for Sticker Star.
It's hinted Rosalina is Peach's ancestor. She has a similar castle to Peach's in her SMGalaxy story book and comes back to where she grew up every hundred years iirc.

Last edited:

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman

Hat Kid
The Conductor
Shovel Knight
Plague Knight
Shantae
Sans
Papyrus
Meat Boy
Madeline
Dust
Terraria Character
The Bit Trip Runner (BIT.TRIP RUNNER)
Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight)
Quote (Cave Story)
The Drifter (Hyper Light Drifter)
Meat Boy (Super Meat Boy)
Tim (Braid)
Steve (Minecraft)
Spelunky Guy (Spelunky)
Hollow Knight (Hollow Knight)
Sans (Undertale)
Jacket (Hotline Miami)
Isaac (Binding of Isaac)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If Crunchii has music this clean (I don't think this was directly recorded from a Switch for a couple of reasons), I don't think it's unsafe to assume he was given more. Maybe he's hinting at some XCX music? (That'd be a bit odd but whatever).
It would make some sense as some of XCX’s music titles use a similar encryption (search Max Galactica on YouTube, look for their Xenoblade X soundtrack playlist and you’ll see what I mean)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom