• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't think you guys should really waste time decoding the thing Crunchii said. I doubt he has info. When he got permission to post the music, I doubt they told him any characters.
I ain't wasting time doing this.
Don't tell me what to use 2 minutes doing.

D

Deleted member

I don't think you guys should really waste time decoding the thing Crunchii said. I doubt he has info. When he got permission to post the music, I doubt they told him any characters.
Music could hint at characters.

....or not. :p We'll never know.

Lawly

Smash Rookie
That’s definitely interesting, do you have it?

It seems the Arcade MTL scene didn’t seem point to much.
This was hosted here, but now the page doesn't exist anymore.
https://www.facebook.com/ArcadeMTL/videos/266833253970347/
They've also made a tweet so I thought it was going to be somewhat official but it was just someone waiting in line at first, then entering the bar and we saw the game being played on a big screen and several smaller setups.

tweet : https://twitter.com/ArcadeMtl/status/1053040391254102016

Iridium

Smash Hero
Okay, now the wait hurts. I can't enjoy anything anymore, and footage has been boring for many reasons. I feel like freezing myself in time right now.

D

Deleted member

Huh, well I might as well share my reactions.
I'll only be doing Ultimate newcomers because it's the first time i've followed a Smash game's release.

:ultinkling: I was freaking out. Sure they were expected, but I didn't expect a Smash game to come out this year.
I still remember thinking "what is this, Splatoon 3ds?" and then the Smash ball appeared in her eye.
I was giddy the rest of the night. I still get giddy thinking about it.
Hype=10/10

:ultdaisy: It was more hilarious than hype for me, but i'm still glad Daisy's here.
Hype=HI IM DAISY/10

:ultridley:I was never on the Ridley bandwagon. I like him now, but I really didn't care before. My excitement was more focused on the fact that Sakurai actually went and did it than the character himself.
Hype=SAKURAI YOU MADMAN/10

:ultsimon: Literally didn't care. The fact that we already knew sucked the fun out of it. (cool trailer though)
Hype=1.5/10

:ultrichter: I was confused because I had no idea who he was. Then I found out and stopped caring.
Hype=Literally who/10

:ultchrom: I'm happy he's here. That's it.
Hype=5/10

:ultdarksamus: She looks cool. That's it.
Hype=5/10

:ultkrool:I was more laughing than hype, that trailer was hilarious. Like Ridley, I like K Rool now that i've had time to warm up to him. I really didn't care before.
Hype=6/10

:ultisabelle: I was excited for the character herself, but the trailer wasn't exactly exciting. I'm glad she's in though, and a new Animal Crossing is coming.!
Hype=8.5/10
Yay! A fun topic to participate in! Although most of y'all moved on to another topic so quickly, I shall still provide input on this...

My reactions to the newcomers:

• :ultdaisy: - 5 outta 5 - Her appearance here made me ecstatic. Now, I have been a :ultpeach: main since Melee and am impatient to see how Daisy operates.
  • :ultisabelle: - 4.5 outta 5 - I never saw the last Direct but when she was announced I decided then and there to make her my second most-used newcomer. I bought her Mii costumes in Smash 4. Not to mention I look pretty in Isabelle's outfit, but that will be another day. Of course, Isabelle will certainly be a secondary of mine. That said, her reception was kind of mixed. As a child of the 1960s I say Shizue needs some love!
  • :ultinkling: - 4.5 outta 5 - Before Daisy was announced, she was the first newcomer I was ecstatic about. I bought her Mii costumes in Smash 4 as it is one of the few costumes that look good. May be my third-favorite newcomer.
  • :ultsimon::ultrichter: - 4 outta 5 - It will be a bit like Soul Calibur series playing as these guys!
  • :ultkrool: - 4 outta 5 - Now we have four Trouble Kings! This gives me an idea for a fun event match!
  • :ultridley: - 4 outta 5 - I was honestly surprised; he would not make it in due to his massive proportions but somehow Sakurai managed to pull it off.
  • :ultdarksamus: - 3.5 outta 5 - I am not sure what to say here except if she offers something different from the normal Samus, perhaps I will play as her more often.
  • :ultchrom: - 3.5 outta 5 - I am glad that y'all wanted him so badly and he is now a reality. He is indeed a welcome addition but I shall stay with :ultlucina:, thank you very much.

Sayonara :kirby:

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Ok, here's where I step in.
Outside of personality, there is little that separates Daisy from Peach. She was created to be a palette swap and fill the same exact role Peach normally does, but in a different land.
And for the longest time, that's all she really was; a palette swap. And then they decided to spice up her personality just so there's at least something special about her. And she still carries out the same roles as Peach in all the games she's in, so it's still basically just she's a tomboy Peach.
Even Rosalina, who looks more like Peach (but from SPAAACE), is much less like Peach overall considering her powers and roles within the series.

Waluigi? He might be "Wa-ified" version of Luigi, but that doesn't make him a "Purple Wario" in the slightest. Right off the bat, he's made distinct from both Wario and Luigi in terms of personality, design, and other traits and characteristics. He never had that transition from being "the exact same as someone else" like Luigi and Daisy had.
Is he the most fleshed out character in the Mario franchise? No. But to claim he is or has ever been just a "Purple Wario" is sheer ignorance.
On the flipside, I think it's equally ignorant to act like there's this huge gap between the uniqueness of Daisy and Waluigi.

Yes, the difference in appearance between Peach and Daisy compared to Wario and Waluigi is night and day, but when has appearance ever been a major factor in how unique a Mario character is? I refer you to Luigi. You say Daisy was essentially created to be a palette swap of Peach, but wasn't Luigi once in that position too? Is Luigi a bland character for having a similar appearance and role to Mario, because according to you, having a distinct personality isn't enough. Apparently, Luigi is nothing but "coward Mario" who's meant to be nothing more than the Player 2 of the franchise. Likewise, I guess Daisy is nothing but a substitute princess for whenever Nintendo doesn't feel like using Peach.

And as far as this drastically different personality Waluigi has that separates him from Wario, you're overexaggerating. I've played just about every Mario game that featured Waluigi, starting at the N64, all the way up to the Switch. Most of Waluigi's personality stems from the same things Wario is often associated with. He has a rivalry with one of the Mario Bros, he cheats, he's steals, he's obnoxious to be around, and he's a terrible sport. Two of the only things that separate Waluigi from Wario is the lack of grotesque humor like farts and gluttony, and the elegant dancing we see from time to time.

I'm not saying Waluigi isn't a unique character, but I absolutely hate it when his supporters act like he's leagues above Daisy. Both mirror existing characters (Peach and Wario), and both fill similar roles of those characters (damsel in distress, and rival of protagonist). Appearance is literally the only area where there's a major difference between the two, and that's not nearly enough for me to think Waluigi is far superior to someone like Daisy.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I'm so tired of seeing Goku vs Marvel arguments... as an avid fan of DBZ and Comic Books. There's a plethora of characters in the Marvel and DC Universe's who could obliterate Goku. He's not the be all end all.

There's characters within the Marvel Universe who can erase Goku from existence with a thought... sure is Goku going to lose to Captain America or Spider-man? No. But he's not beating Mephisto, Dormamu, Silver Surfer, Thor, Odin, Galactus, Living Tribunal, The Beyonder, The Phoenix Force, Juggernaut, etc. The list goes on..

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
The numbers probably don't mean anything but my hunch is that we need to take all of the numbers and put them into the alphabet, add five to each (because this is smash 5) and see what we get.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Indeed he can. He only ever does it once, and it is never attempted or even brought up again.
Real talk, I'm starting to dislike how Goku just blazes his way through this stuff. Become a god? Got it. Become a super god? Done. Learn the state of being that gods of destruction rarely achieve? You got it. Master it within about ten minutes? Yahtzee. Learn the ****ing eliminator move supposedly only known by gods of destruction? Pft. No prob, bob.

It's like this whole deity hierarchy serves no purpose. Soon he'll be challenging Whis and winning.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Why are we trying to decipher the numbers? It's probably some kind of self promotion (if it's anything at all) for a future video he's making.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
"Who would win" arguments are always silly, imo. People talk about their powers as if that's the end-all be-all of a battle, but there's so much more to it then that.

Why are they fighting? What's their motivation? Are they fighting to the death? Is it in character for them to fight to the death? Do they care about the causalities involved? What kind of strategies are they using? Where is the fight taking place? Stuff like this is what makes battles between god-like characters interesting, not just their raw power.

Not to mention that a lot of fictional heroes constantly use their wits or circumstances to defeat characters more powerful then they are. Spiderman is a fun hero not because he obliterates everything that comes his way with shear force but because he uses his webs and agility in creative ways to overcome badies who are stronger and meaner then he is.

It's the same way with a lot of boss fights in video games. They often have more health then you, and they often do more damage then you, but in a lot of action games you're able to defeat them anyway by nimbly avoiding their attacks and targeting weak points and in strategy games you're able to exploit particular weaknesses and enact strategies to give yourself the edge. It's true in fighting games to - Ganondorf is far more powerful then Sheik, but Sheik has an amazing set of tools at her disposal that allows her to overwhelm him. That is, of course, unless Ganondorf manages to read Sheik's movements and turn the battle around with just a few good hits.

/Rant

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Are ya'll literally so far gone that you're deciphering what for all intents and purposes appears to be a keyboard smash?

Please see Stan Marsh's face in my avatar.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
ok yeah it's probably nothing. Shifting it down five is just giving unintelligible gibberish.

Only thing that remotely looks like a word is

24 02 04 25 21 11 21 15 08 01 02 01 13 21 19 08 01 20 01 03 08 09

X B D Y U K U O H A B A M U S H A T A C H I

Mushatachi, which translates to "Warriors" in Japanese (if translate is to be believed). Doesn't account for all the other letters.

XB = Xenoblade Chronicles?
Dyukuohaba = Homosexuality in Swahili :4pacman::4pacman:

For real the only thing I can get out of this is "warriors" in Japanese.

Are ya'll literally so far gone that you're deciphering what for all intents and purposes appears to be a keyboard smash?

Please see Stan Marsh's face in my avatar.
DESPERATE TIMES CALL FOR DESPERATE MEASURES

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
ok yeah it's probably nothing. Shifting it down five is just giving unintelligible gibberish.

Only thing that remotely looks like a word is

24 02 04 25 21 11 21 15 08 01 02 01 13 21 19 08 01 20 01 03 08 09

X B D Y U K U O H A B A M U S H A T A C H I

Mushatachi, which translates to "Warriors" in Japanese (if translate is to be believed). Doesn't account for all the other letters.

XB = Xenoblade Chronicles?
Dyukuohaba = Homosexuality in Swahili :4pacman::4pacman:

For real the only thing I can get out of this is "warriors" in Japanese.

DESPERATE TIMES CALL FOR DESPERATE MEASURES
Clearly Gay Warriors.

My husband Niles is finally here.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I'm so tired of seeing Goku vs Marvel arguments... as an avid fan of DBZ and Comic Books. There's a plethora of characters in the Marvel and DC Universe's who could obliterate Goku. He's not the be all end all.

There's characters within the Marvel Universe who can erase Goku from existence with a thought... sure is Goku going to lose to Captain America or Spider-man? No. But he's not beating Mephisto, Dormamu, Silver Surfer, Thor, Odin, Galactus, Living Tribunal, The Beyonder, The Phoenix Force, Juggernaut, etc. The list goes on..
Who cares?

Kirby wrecks them all.

beans

Smash Lord
Something happened, been away since page 5670 to find people talking about pirates
Can someone explain?

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Because it took like 1 minute for me to at least translate the numbers to letters ?
But that's just the first step, right?

Seems to me like this person is just trying to milk the attention, and we're eating it up. I've seen a bunch of people on here thinking that they have some kind of inside info, and will just get disappointed at the end of it.

Regardless of how long it took, it seems like a waste of effort.

"It only took me 10 seconds to open this bag of poo!" - Extreme example, of course. But the time it takes doesn't always justify the action.

But I guess if you're just having fun doing it and not expecting anything, cool!

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
Yukuo Haba Musha Tachi translates to “There is no such home” in google translate. XBD there is no such home. Take what you will from that I suppose?

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Something happened, been away since page 5670 to find people talking about pirates
Can someone explain?
Well, the Geno leak has been determined to be at either Delfino Plaza or Pirate Ship.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

This was just one character we discussed though. We clearly agree with everything you said, and we liked each others' posts to prove that we do. Nobody was disagreeing with that idea. You're just ranting at the invisible man, bruh. :132:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Yukuo Haba Musha Tachi translates to “There is no such home” in google translate. XBD there is no such home. Take what you will from that I suppose?
A diss against whatever next iteration of the XBox is in development?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
But that's just the first step, right?

Seems to me like this person is just trying to milk the attention, and we're eating it up. I've seen a bunch of people on here thinking that they have some kind of inside info, and will just get disappointed at the end of it.

Regardless of how long it took, it seems like a waste of effort.

"It only took me 10 seconds to open this bag of poo!" - Extreme example, of course. But the time it takes doesn't always justify the action.

But I guess if you're just having fun doing it and not expecting anything, cool!
Well yeah, there's **** all else to do in the thread right now.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Have you guys considered that Crunchii might have probably just put his phone in his pocket while it was still active and tweeted something gibberish by accident?

I don't know if any of you play Overwatch, but this is Sombra ARG levels of reaching...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Have you guys considered that Crunchii might have probably just put his phone in his pocket while it was still active and tweeted something gibberish by accident?

I don't know if any of you play Overwatch, but this is Sombra ARG levels of reaching...
Gonna be real with you chief, it was more or less intentional regardless if the final message means nothing. It's an even number of digits and when split in twos every pair is less than 26.
*shrug*

Hard disclaimer: I don't care about it lol. I was the first to grab the letters out of it but nobody noticed cause everyone was taking their time doing it as well. And that's just fine for people to want to participate in something like this even though everyone knows full well it'll likely lead to nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom