• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Whoever said it was listed as 68 and it was fake because Isabelle is 68, honestly I can't see any 68 in this picture... maybe it's just me.
1539734294962.jpg

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Hmm...
Out of hundreds of thousands of leaks, one is true...
This requires Detective work.
The real leak is out "suspect".
We need someone who is good at this...
...Detective Phelps, L.A.P.D. confirmed???

Dont press (X) on me fools its happening

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Tough to find which one would be real... Not sure why the guy on ResetERA wouldn't just tell us from a freshly made random account while he is at a Starbucks using WIFI if he is worried about the ninjas. Maybe he was lying.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The only issue I have with that Geno leak is just 'how' easy it is to fake Geno.

I mean, after that leak was posted, someone remade the entire model from scratch within a couple days and made that .gif meme.
An easy to make model means it's also easier for the developers of the game to use it. This really shouldn't mean all that much. A professional model doesn't mean it's hard to use by people. It just means it's easy to use by developers.

It could be real, it could be fake. The quality of the model is a bit more important than the ease of it. I mean, the fact we have super easy to make clones called Echoes should say a lot about "how easy it is to use" as a factor during development.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Tough to find which one would be real... Not sure why the guy on ResetERA wouldn't just tell us from a private account while he is at a Starbucks using WIFI if he is worried about the ninjas. Maybe he was lying.
"He doesn't like leaking things". Just inciting fanbase-wide frenzies I guess. Though that doesn't seem like it was his intention, but tbh he should've known better.

I mean he knew about Cloud but he didn't leak him, only hinted so that in retrospect it was clear he knew.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Was this one ever deconfirmed?

If it's fake, I'll admit. The leaker did a pretty nice job. I like their modernized redesign.
Don't debunk it just yet, It's pretty spot on with the Smash Bros style...

Last edited:

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I don't see much to gain from scouring all the potential leaks we have. Especially when there's no actual way of knowing which one it is. I say just hold out till we get something concrete to focus on.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
An easy to make model means it's also easier for the developers of the game to use it. This really shouldn't mean all that much. A professional model doesn't mean it's hard to use by people. It just means it's easy to use by developers.

It could be real, it could be fake. The quality of the model is a bit more important than the ease of it. I mean, the fact we have super easy to make clones called Echoes should say a lot about "how easy it is to use" as a factor during development.
Both are right. It can be fake and can be real.

Me I'm still team fake... Geno's model and render looks good. But if it's his pose, it looks like nothing in Ultimate. Characters have dynamic pose for their renders but Geno just..stand here-

Not to say he might not have that pose, I just find that pose...bland, And I would have imagined Something with his canon or I dunno

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The only issue I have with that Geno leak is just 'how' easy it is to fake Geno.

I mean, after that leak was posted, someone remade the entire model from scratch within a couple days and made that .gif meme.
That model in the .gif had multiple differences, however, and didn't have the lighting nor the fine wood texture.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
i know it was late and I usually try to stay away from these topics because it always leads to problems but i will say this tiny thing...

I’m assuming you’re referring to liberals from that quote, which to that I have to say...you realize around 10-20 years ago, the conservatives were the ones pissed at every little thing being too revealing, too much skin, sexualized, not enough censorship etc, right?

Hell they were one of the groups that was so much in favor of stamping out violence in all media from TV to video games. And now they're a-ok with folks running around with assault rifles on their backs, and don't want to be tough on other countries for human rights violations because "they buy a lot of our weapons" and who’s to say in another 10-20 years they switch again claiming things are too revealing, too violent, and it’s showing our children bad examples because it’s not “Christian and lady or gentlemen like” again?

Sorry for that rant, but it just kinda amazes me that some people don't see the irony in how the people/party they're supporting now, likely had very very different views years ago, and only switched stances to keep getting re-elected and nothing more.

Anyway back to smash.....

so what is this i hear about some potential leak that actually has nintendo angry over it dropping?
Fam I'm literally so confused I just made that quip because of the "owning the libs" meme because the post reminded me of a conservative kinda post lol that's all though

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Heads up, the leak images have been dumped into an imgur album (lots of laughs to be had):
https://imgur.com/a/N7uq2yn

Not as promising as it was small sized--darn.

I think I spotted the real one!

Was this one ever deconfirmed?

If it's fake, I'll admit. The leaker did a pretty nice job. I like their modernized redesign.
You know what, now that I think of it, nobody ever came out to say they did this one--I think we're on to something now!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So I heard through the grapevine about a very hush-hush event by Nintendo in a gaming bar in Montreal. I wonder what it could mean.

New Smash Demo perhaps? With playable obese crocodile?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Damn! I liked the Isaac image... Finally found the Geno image. Maybe this is the real leak.View attachment 170234
I believe if any one of the Geno picture leaks are real, than it would definitely have to be this one.

What if the last Smash Direct is Incineroar+Ken+Geno+BK?

How hard does the internet break?
As crazy as this sounds, I believe that's the most realistic outcome for the remaining roster that's left to be revealed.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Both are right. It can be fake and can be real.

Me I'm still team fake... Geno's model and render looks good. But if it's his pose, it looks like nothing in Ultimate. Characters have dynamic pose for their renders but Geno just..stand here-

Not to say he might not have that pose, I just find that pose...bland, And I would have imagined Something with his canon or I dunno
Your first mistake was assuming that to be his render

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom