• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
That's just going to start flaming. How about favourite Smash characters? :)
Least favorite Smash character?
Y'know what? I'm gonna go all the way with this.
Let us begin.
1-27: My Mains
1.:ultluigi:
2. :ultpokemontrainer:
3. :ultshulk:
4. :ultrobin
5. :ultlucina:
6. :ulttoonlink:
7. :ultrob:
8. :ultmiifighters:Gunner
9.:ultroy:
10. :ultpikachu:
Predicted Placement::ultinkling:
11.:ultlucas:
12. :ultdoc:
13.:ultwario:
14.:ultyounglink:
15.:ultlink:
Predicted Placement::ultchrom:
16. :ultmegaman:
17.:ultpacman:
18.:ultmiifighters:Swordfighter
19.:ultmiifighters:Brawler
20.:ultcloud:
Predicted Placement::ultrichter:
Predicted Placement::ultsimon:
21.:ultcorrin:
22.:ultolimar:
23.:ultkirby:
24.:ultgnw:
25.:ultganondorf:
26.:ultmario:
27.:ultdarkpit:
28-41: Fun Characters to mess around with:
28.:ultmewtwo:
29.:ultryu:
30.:ultsnake:
31.:ultmetaknight:
32.:ultyoshi:
Predicted Placement::ultkrool:
33.:ultpichu:
34.:ultfalcon:
35.:ultpit:
36.:ultwolf:
Predicted Placement::ultridley:
37.:ultike:
38.:ultduckhunt:
Predicted Placement: :ultisabelle:
39.:ultfalco:
40.:ultbowser:
41.:ultlittlemac:
42-63: The rest of the cast:
42.:ultwiifittrainer:
43.:ultzelda:
44.:ultkingdedede:
45.:ultgreninja:
46.:ultness:
47.:ultbowserjr:
48.:ultsonic:
49.:ultdk:
50.:ultfox:
51.:ultrosalina:
52.:ultdiddy:
53.:ultpalutena:
54.:ultlucario:
Predicted Placement::ultdarksamus:
55.:ultsamus:
56.:ultvillager:
57.:ultpeach:
Predicted Placement::ultdaisy:
58. :ulticeclimbers:
59. :ultzss:
60.:ultjigglypuff:
61.:ultsheik:
62.:ultmarth:
63.:ultbayonetta:
This morning I went to a Pokemon Forum, but recently Let's Go has torn that place apart. Everyone their is acting crazy.

This evening I go to Smashboards. Everyone here is acting crazy.

Am I the problem? Does my very presence insight mass hysteria?
So you think your very presence is NoiPoisonous?
I don't think so. You're fine.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Legit question here
Do you have any leak you want to actually be real?
It can be the most outlandish like 10 characters left for reveal or Goku
I personaly want the Gothitelle leak to be real, it just would be the best one to prove how we cant predict Sakurai.
Also I like Gothitelle with its stubby legs, its really funny
Verg's leaks.
Because Incineroar and possibly Geno.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Is this negativity really the Smash community? Shame, Im merely do this for fun but some people here have been quite negative recently..
This ain't it chief.

Like for real, we're talking about a videogame and you use a term like that describe somebody you don't even know? That's uh...interesting.

---
For all intents and purposes, this is probably the endgame. Or at least it will be soon. Personally, I think it's a mistake to not show the Direct this week. I realize that's what I'd like to see because I'm biased.

Basically at this point Nintendo has nobody to blame but themselves if more of the game gets leaked at this point.
Just drop it.

Yes these leaks are annoying and Im tired of them, I want official announcements and I hope Ken isnt in for I just dont care for him.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I've been out all day, tldr me it.
Very very quick tldr is that the dude who apparently hinted at Cloud in Smash 4 said on ResetEra that there's a legit leak out there that had Nintendo's "feathers ruffled"/bothered.

Few other people including Warchamp are implying that this is true.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So, uh, I don't like Ken either, but he's...y'know, a video game character. It's not a big deal. If you don't like him, don't use 'em, right? Plus, there are people who love Ken and are looking forward to him, and that's cool.

And Vergeben is a person too, let's be civil and treat him with the same kind of respect we ourselves would wish to be treated with.

Smash is a video game. Let's not take it too seriously and take things about it too personally.
Couldn't have said it better. I'll be bummed if Banjo, Black Shadow, Elma, Leon Powalski (Won't likely happen anyways), Medusa and Nightmare don't make it but won't make a big deal being its just a game and besides I already got two characters I wanted so better then nothing.

NineS

Smash Lord
I can never be thankful enough for Godwin's Law...
One of the many rules of the internet.
Seriously though, what happened? Did some potentially notable leak happen? Some news drop?
The moment Ben Shapiro was mentioned was the moment this forum's insanity has reached it's peak.
This is why I say I don't like talking about politics in my about section.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
The only decent image "leaks" I remember that weren't fully disproven besides the Ken image were the sassy Geno pic, and that partial Banjo-Kazooie render where they look irked at each other and Banjo has those whisker spots on his muzzle. If there's another real image leak besides the Ken image, I would believe it's one of those two images.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I miss the good old days where we spent time trying to overlay little mac's face over shulk.

This is literally finding a needle in a haystack.

link2702

Smash Champion
Luckily, no one was telling you to do any of that
i know it was late and I usually try to stay away from these topics because it always leads to problems but i will say this tiny thing...

I’m assuming you’re referring to liberals from that quote, which to that I have to say...you realize around 10-20 years ago, the conservatives were the ones pissed at every little thing being too revealing, too much skin, sexualized, not enough censorship etc, right?

Hell they were one of the groups that was so much in favor of stamping out violence in all media from TV to video games. And now they're a-ok with folks running around with assault rifles on their backs, and don't want to be tough on other countries for human rights violations because "they buy a lot of our weapons" and who’s to say in another 10-20 years they switch again claiming things are too revealing, too violent, and it’s showing our children bad examples because it’s not “Christian and lady or gentlemen like” again?

Sorry for that rant, but it just kinda amazes me that some people don't see the irony in how the people/party they're supporting now, likely had very very different views years ago, and only switched stances to keep getting re-elected and nothing more.

Anyway back to smash.....

so what is this i hear about some potential leak that actually has nintendo angry over it dropping?

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
One of the many rules of the internet.
Seriously though, what happened? Did some potentially notable leak happen? Some news drop?

This is why I say I don't like talking about politics in my about section.
Fun fact: I used to be a political junkie, but those days are gone so I'm just here to talk about Smash and other vg stuff (and gushing over Yoshi)...

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Nah, I'm good and wait until if and when they're dumped on imgur or something. The minimal risk of a virus isn't worth getting the opportunity to sift through a bunch of ****ty fake leaks. :grin:

Yeah maybe I am underestimating the insanity of this forum.
You mean the N-sanity of this forum. :p

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Is this negativity really the Smash community? Shame, Im merely do this for fun but some people here have been quite negative recently...
You should go to some Sonic the Hedgehog fan sites. Plenty of users always try to find things to complain about there. And believe me, trying to stay negative and find things to complain about is bad for one's mental health.

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
I've honestly felt that Banjo's muzzle looks hella painted, but Kazooie looks legit great.
There are so many things wrong with it in my opinion. Firstly it looks really flat. The line that is supposedly the front of his muzzle doesn't make sense in a 3D space, I don't see them portraying Banjo as some angry bear, the freckles really aren't positioned in the right place for whiskers, and as pointed out in the image the browns don't match.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It'd be this dodgy looking one:

View attachment 170235
I actually really love this render as it's exactly what I'd love to see Banjo look like in HD, outside of the mistake of turning his whiskers into freckles. Still, if Banjo's in, I'd think it'd be an HD version of his N64 designs (which makes sense, since Microsoft has gone back to their N64 designs for merch this year) rather than a reimagining.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
You should go to some Sonic the Hedgehog fan sites. Plenty of users always try to find things to complain about there. And believe me, trying to stay negative and find things to complain about is bad for one's mental health.
Speaking of Sonic.. Shadow would be cool for Smash.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I wonder what Mike Godwin would be thinking today that his law is constantly broken every 2 seconds these days.
Why don't you go on his Twitter and find out?
I'm sure you won't like what you see based on some of your comments here

Shroob

Sup?
The only issue I have with that Geno leak is just 'how' easy it is to fake Geno.

I mean, after that leak was posted, someone remade the entire model from scratch within a couple days and made that .gif meme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom