• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Fam I'm literally so confused I just made that quip because of the "owning the libs" meme because the post reminded me of a conservative kinda post lol that's all though
I think the problem here is that you didn't use Ben Shapiro, our lord and saviour. That was your first mistake, and definitely wasn't epic.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It's clearly too high poly to be his playable model.
Your second mistake was assuming it'd be his playable model
There are SO many situations this model could be applicable to

I think the problem here is that you didn't use Ben Shapiro, our lord and saviour. That was your first mistake, and definitely wasn't epic.
Ok, This Is [true good point Tots] EPIC

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
An easy to make model means it's also easier for the developers of the game to use it. This really shouldn't mean all that much. A professional model doesn't mean it's hard to use by people. It just means it's easy to use by developers.

It could be real, it could be fake. The quality of the model is a bit more important than the ease of it. I mean, the fact we have super easy to make clones called Echoes should say a lot about "how easy it is to use" as a factor during development.
Not to mention how all these models get ported to external programs like SFM pretty easily.

With varying quality, but still, the amazing models I've seen used in animations from an animation program as old as SFM should say something.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
So Banjo enjoys choking the chicken?
Well, Rare really loved hiding dirty things in Banjo & Kazooie.

Sing it with me kids, "Oh, me knackers! Oh, me knackers!" (not sure how offensive this actually is in the UK, it's not censored on here, so apologies in advance--it's gaming history, though)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
PushDustin seems to lean on the side of the Geno being fake, but what if it was actually posted by a different person who wandered into the thread...?

I just find it odd that it's much, much better than the Dixie and Banjo, and actually seems to fit the game.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Your second mistake was assuming it'd be his playable model
There are SO many situations this model could be applicable to
Okay, tell me in Smash the others situation this model could be used for?
- Playable model
-Render
-Trophy

That's the three possibility I can see. And I don't think it's any of the three, Playable Model is clearly too high poly and the cape isn't blocky enought as seen with FE Characters cape, Palutena and Ryu/Ken Dogi

Render? Maybe, but would look really boring and wouldn't fit the others Characters imo.

Trophy? The only real possibility for me and even though, usually Characters Trophy use the playable model.

The model is super well done, and I actually love it. Much better than the creepy Geno from last week ... But there is some stain and questionable stuff still

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
- Playable model
-Render
-Trophy

That's the three possibility I can see. And I don't think it's any of the three, Playable Model is clearly too high poly and the cape isn't blocky enought as seen with FE Characters cape, Palutena and Ryu/Ken Dogi

Render? Maybe, but would look really boring and wouldn't fit the others Characters imo.

Trophy? The only real possibility for me and even though, usually Characters Trophy use the playable model.

The model is super well done, and I actually love it. Much better than the creepy Geno from last week ... But there is some stain and questionable stuff still
I'd assume it'd be a different render for a menu screen, or from a trailer, if not his usual render.

I don't know how they'd get a screenshot of his trailer, but *shrug*

It's just odd, imo, that the render's quality seems to fit the game, and is much better than the Banjo and Dixie.

Last edited:

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
Wow this is the first I've seen the users near equal the guests. Granted it's probably happened here before I just haven't seen it

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
- Playable model
-Render
-Trophy

Open your mind a bit.
-A talksprite of sorts in Spirit Mode.
-A render used during a loading screen.
-A render used to represent a stadium game, like some characters did in the 3DS version of 4.
-From a trailer (unlikely)

Go take a look at Greninja to see how even Ultimate, who has mastered renders can have damn boring renders. Could still work as Geno's render.
Trying to speculate on what it's used for is useless imo. But speculating on if it's used in any form or not is a bit useful.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Oh my
Why are there so many people here
TL:DR The possibility that one of the image leaks that has come out over the past few months (that isn't Ken) has been pointed out by a leaker of some credibility. Everyone's trying to find out what, if any of them.

Last edited:

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
Jeez, that Montreal thing + the image leak goose hunt has really spiced things up, even if it doesn't mean anything without an actual Smash announcement to look forward to.
Tomorrow is looking to be quite spicy if things be happening.

Shroob

Sup?
Tomorrow's the last day for the Montreal thing to mean anything btw.

If we don't hear about an announcement tomorrow, the Montreal thing isn't Smash related.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Sadly it was in the same thread. SUPPOSEDLY posted by the same guy.

However both accounts were Anon. So who's to say they were the same person?
It's tough to say, honestly. Throwing in a real leak in a thread with a more fake-looking leak is a good way to throw people off your trail, that's for sure.

It's honestly the only image leak we have that hasn't been "disproven" so to speak that I've seen so far.

...Also the very real possibility we're getting played. Wouldn't be the first time.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
What concerns me is the Geno leak being on the same 4chan thread as the Banjo and Dixie leak.

I find it extremely odd, though, that if they were planning a fake leak, why show off weird Banjo and Dixie models instead of just the amazing Geno render that actually fits Ultimate? I'm hoping the guy actually had something real to share, or the Geno image was actually from a different guy somehow.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
Tomorrow's the last day for the Montreal thing to mean anything btw.

If we don't hear about an announcement tomorrow, the Montreal thing isn't Smash related.
We should know what the Montreal thing is related to anyways tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom